Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

She remains in good health though - so it is always possible that she might change her mind (fingers crossed!)

Sadly there are a few others who are not so lucky : so I think it is safe to say that we have already seen the last appearances of William Russell, Jean Marsh and Richard Franklin

Edited by Bullseye33
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Bullseye33 said:

Unlikely. Anneke announced her retirement earlier this year : she is no longer prepared to travel or attend events.

thats a hell of shame, that said it may be something that she doubles back on, but her store still offers signed items so i may have to double buy so i can land some signed items

16 hours ago, Bullseye33 said:

She remains in good health though - so it is always possible that she might change her mind (fingers crossed!)

Sadly there are a few others who are not so lucky : so I think it is safe to say that we have already seen the last appearances of William Russell, Jean Marsh and Richard Franklin

William Russell is beyond a return appearance hence i'm buying up anything signed by him, i think Richard is an outside bet as is Marsh but i wouldn't rule them out completely, on the note of Franklin i need John Levene and Katy Manning to appear somewhere this year for me to get them on my copy of "the Daemons" alongside Franklin, who in his self i need on my copy of "The Time Monster".

In terms of who else i need Anneke i really want to get now i have a VHS cover of "The Faceless Ones"/"The Web of Fear" signed by Ralph Watson i want to get the 3 regulars alive from that Period on there, Being Frazer, Anneke and John Levene, its all about Combos at this point in time, hence the addition of Frazer and Carole Ann Ford on my Lost in time next year will be great for me

Here we go, ideally next year, and this should go into a guest suggestion topic I know.

I'd want Ricco Ross and Ian Reddington for greatest show dvd

Taking Anneke and Jean Marsh out of equation, I'd want India Fisher and Nicholas Briggs for my Light at the End, I need a few others from the big finish roster but not sure how feasible it would be to get them. I'm lucky enough to have William Russell sign it. 

I would love it for someone to get Hale and Pace for Survival amongst other things.

I have a feeling we may get most companions during the July event, but as it happens I’m hoping for more guests from older stories as sooner rather than later, but more people from “delta and the Bannerman” would be cool for me as I have a good amount of people on that one.

also side note how did I not realise Stubby Kaye was in that story, I love his, Frank Sinatra and Johnny Silver’s rendition of “Guys and Dolls”.

tbh one thing I hope is that we don’t get inundated with guests from the 3 recent episodes because whilst that’s great I think it would annoy me with how much they focus on those big names and not the wider show, plus Neil Patrick Harris would be a bleedin fortune and nightmare to meet if they got him (plus I feel they failed to get the Toymaker right)

26 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I have a feeling we may get most companions during the July event, but as it happens I’m hoping for more guests from older stories as sooner rather than later, but more people from “delta and the Bannerman” would be cool for me as I have a good amount of people on that one.

also side note how did I not realise Stubby Kaye was in that story, I love his, Frank Sinatra and Johnny Silver’s rendition of “Guys and Dolls”.

tbh one thing I hope is that we don’t get inundated with guests from the 3 recent episodes because whilst that’s great I think it would annoy me with how much they focus on those big names and not the wider show, plus Neil Patrick Harris would be a bleedin fortune and nightmare to meet if they got him (plus I feel they failed to get the Toymaker right)

I was expecting Neil Patrick Harris to appear last year, as they announced a big guest for LFCC, and half an hour beforehand played his Phantom Peak advert. He would 100% be a diamond guest should he appear.

To be honest, there weren't that many guests they could bring from the current specials, as they didnt have a large cast list. Catherine Tate depending on schedule would be great, Jemma Redgrave & Jacqueline King have appeared before. Miriam Margolyes would be awesome and cover so many genres. Prove me wrong, but I cant see Ruth Madeley or Yasmin Finney appearing for a couple of years at least

13 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I was expecting Neil Patrick Harris to appear last year, as they announced a big guest for LFCC, and half an hour beforehand played his Phantom Peak advert. He would 100% be a diamond guest should he appear.

To be honest, there weren't that many guests they could bring from the current specials, as they didnt have a large cast list. Catherine Tate depending on schedule would be great, Jemma Redgrave & Jacqueline King have appeared before. Miriam Margolyes would be awesome and cover so many genres. Prove me wrong, but I cant see Ruth Madeley or Yasmin Finney appearing for a couple of years at least

Tbh if they had announced Harris I would have been annoyed mainly because there wouldn’t have been anything to get signed yet.

I know Tate has got an upcoming appearance elsewhere which I’ve got booked, and she’s actually cheap for what it’s worth, and Matt Ryan who was in an Episode of Torchwood is also there.

as for others Freema would be great as I want Martha on my Series 3, at the same time I kinda want Andrew Garfield because I want to be able to say I paid a stupid amount of Cash on who was a guest actor in 2 episodes

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Tbh if they had announced Harris I would have been annoyed mainly because there wouldn’t have been anything to get signed yet.

I know Tate has got an upcoming appearance elsewhere which I’ve got booked, and she’s actually cheap for what it’s worth, and Matt Ryan who was in an Episode of Torchwood is also there.

as for others Freema would be great as I want Martha on my Series 3, at the same time I kinda want Andrew Garfield because I want to be able to say I paid a stupid amount of Cash on who was a guest actor in 2 episodes

I had a few things in place, not for Doctor Who mind, as Cobie Smulders was announced elsewhere, and then cancelled. But it would have been highly annoying as at that point we only had a few publicity shots, and would the BBC be happy with them being used or not.

I had seen that, I'll more than likely be going as well, and like you I was expecting her to be more expensive than she is.

Freema would be great. I would need to see the price of Andrew Garfield, before making that type of decision, especially when his is not the best autograph. But it would probably amuse him, and give him a break from signing endless spiderman posters and photos

18 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I had a few things in place, not for Doctor Who mind, as Cobie Smulders was announced elsewhere, and then cancelled. But it would have been highly annoying as at that point we only had a few publicity shots, and would the BBC be happy with them being used or not.

I had seen that, I'll more than likely be going as well, and like you I was expecting her to be more expensive than she is.

Freema would be great. I would need to see the price of Andrew Garfield, before making that type of decision, especially when his is not the best autograph. But it would probably amuse him, and give him a break from signing endless spiderman posters and photos

TBH it would also be one of the Autographs that i would use to annoy a few coworkers as i've one or two who like Spider-man, its the same with my Craig Fairbrass on Londons burning, a lot of people are annoyed that its on Londons Burning and that i didn't get them one of him on a Cod Poster or something, as if the latter is my problem, and the moment i mention it would have been £30 they look at me like i'm meant to gift them.

as it stands now i'm hoping for some more announcements soonish, i doubt any within the year but would be nice and all.

Well in a nice piece of luck just won myself a DVD of "The Green Death" Signed by Katy Manning and Stewart Bevan, and whilst i would have liked this to be another set i could get the last 3 regulars of that period on the cover, i suppose the deceased Bevan will have to do in place of that, i'm sure i can find an insert signed by Franklin somewhere, failing that my copy of "The Daemons" will have to remain as the sole signed item by the Trio, unless i can find a copy of something that has Courtney's signature on as well for a quad but the odds are stupendously low for that unless i traded in my copy of "The Claws of Axos" as that is the only other one released during his life span that has all four of them to my knowledge

6 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Well in a nice piece of luck just won myself a DVD of "The Green Death" Signed by Katy Manning and Stewart Bevan, and whilst i would have liked this to be another set i could get the last 3 regulars of that period on the cover, i suppose the deceased Bevan will have to do in place of that, i'm sure i can find an insert signed by Franklin somewhere, failing that my copy of "The Daemons" will have to remain as the sole signed item by the Trio, unless i can find a copy of something that has Courtney's signature on as well for a quad but the odds are stupendously low for that unless i traded in my copy of "The Claws of Axos" as that is the only other one released during his life span that has all four of them to my knowledge

Just the two of them on their own is a nice enough combo to get anyway, with them being partners at the time. I have them both on the Green Death as well.

With Nicholas Courtney and Richard Franklin, it's going to be a chance find out of nowhere to get them together. I'd keep what you have, as chances are you wont be able to replace it, and you do have Courtney, even if he is one his own

I only ever managed to attend one show where Nicholas Courtney was a guest, but this was when they gave a free autograph with entry tickets, would love to see them do this now, a random free autograph from a £10 guest on entry.

I digress, but because of this his line was insane and never seemed to go down.

I don’t know if it’s official or not yet, but I’ve just seen a news article to say that Richard Franklin has passed away age 87, this is devastating news, I’m gutted I never got to meet him.

and we had been talking about him a lot, so now stuck with the sad memory of what could have been.

23 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I don’t know if it’s official or not yet, but I’ve just seen a news article to say that Richard Franklin has passed away age 87, this is devastating news, I’m gutted I never got to meet him.

and we had been talking about him a lot, so now stuck with the sad memory of what could have been.

His family have confirmed he passed away in his sleep this morning. such sad news

36 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

It is one of lifes unfortunate coincidences

13 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

His family have confirmed he passed away in his sleep this morning. such sad news

It is unfortunate that he has recently passed, many fans such as myself are in shock, although I noticed that the news only came out after the episode broadcast, likely as a deliberate choice by his family To not overshadow the episode, i can imagine there would have been a last minute tribute card for mr Franklin had it been prior knowledge

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Assuming you’ve seen the new episode DONT SAY COINCIDENCES

I have seen the new episode, and that honestly didnt cross my mind. I meant that he was being mentioned by us to a fair bit on what we'd like to get signed, that it was a sad coincidence

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

It is unfortunate that he has recently passed, many fans such as myself are in shock, although I noticed that the news only came out after the episode broadcast, likely as a deliberate choice by his family To not overshadow the episode, i can imagine there would have been a last minute tribute card for mr Franklin had it been prior knowledge

That is my take on it as well, I wouldn't even blame them had they waited a few days to announce it, to give the family time to take it in and grieve before sharing it with the fans

36 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I have seen the new episode, and that honestly didnt cross my mind. I meant that he was being mentioned by us to a fair bit on what we'd like to get signed, that it was a sad coincidence

That is my take on it as well, I wouldn't even blame them had they waited a few days to announce it, to give the family time to take it in and grieve before sharing it with the fans

Personally its up to the family when to make a public announcement, work commitments would likely be informed first, i know Fantom had made a statement post episode likely for the same reason, and he was a collaborator with them as they published many of his works, but thats it really.

somewhat unrelated but i'm reminded of the case of McLean Stevenson and Roger Bowen as back in 1995 Stevenson who played Henry Blake on MASH TV series died one day i believe June 15, and then the following day Bowen who played Henry Blake in the Film died, and they had to postpone the announcement for a week because they knew people would get confused over who died, but damn morbid that both of them died within a day of eachother.

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

Personally its up to the family when to make a public announcement, work commitments would likely be informed first, i know Fantom had made a statement post episode likely for the same reason, and he was a collaborator with them as they published many of his works, but thats it really.

somewhat unrelated but i'm reminded of the case of McLean Stevenson and Roger Bowen as back in 1995 Stevenson who played Henry Blake on MASH TV series died one day i believe June 15, and then the following day Bowen who played Henry Blake in the Film died, and they had to postpone the announcement for a week because they knew people would get confused over who died, but damn morbid that both of them died within a day of eachother.

100%. That is exactly what I was meaning. Its the family's discretion as to when and how they announce anything.

Now that is a tragic and very unfortunate coincidence

Edited by Mfahey79

On 12/17/2023 at 12:11 AM, D-C-A said:

if we only get one big doctor in July i hope its peter Capaldi he hasn't done one in years but i feel he might if asked

14 hours ago, LSmith said:

if we only get one big doctor in July i hope its peter Capaldi he hasn't done one in years but i feel he might if asked

It would be nice if we got him as a headliner guest then they could say within 3 years they had 5 of the new who doctors, IE 9,10,11,12,13&14, i know what i'd get him on, but it seems like given its near the end of the year we're unlikely to see any new updates on guests for a while which is a shame, as it stands they seem to be doing a lot of widespread announcements IE if a guest is doing multiple shows they make that clear or if they're only doing one but its not until later in the year, its weird isn't it