Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

On 1/7/2024 at 7:35 PM, D-C-A said:

Well in a more light hearted moment I’m at 9 guests for LFCC spring what about Everyone else

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

Oh i forgot for Sheila my plan is to get "The Time of the Doctor" Signed, and for Karl i'm going to get The Complete Specials signed.

We should do this more often, almost as if we dared them to announce more guests. And like you, Karl will be going on the compete specials steelbook

4 hours ago, LSmith said:

maybe Catharine Tate too?

I think for March it may be way too close to January for her as shes headlining a con this weekend so yeah it would be a bad idea as its more than likely way too many people would have been there and there wouldn't be enough hype, even if she was paired with two others it might be a tough sell that soon, it would be great if they get her tho, i'm not saying im opposed but its just that soon, both cons are in london and so soon

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

We should do this more often, almost as if we dared them to announce more guests. And like you, Karl will be going on the compete specials steelbook

Well i'm still taking credit for Linda Regan having Dr Who written on her poster because of me, so clearly theyre reading the traffic on here and making note, if we see any of the Indiana Jones names ive listed for Doctor who I would like some royalties, specifically a free photo with Kervork Malikyan please and thank you.

but in seriousness it does seem the more we do the research the more they take note, so thats good for all Doctor who fans

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I think for March it may be way too close to January for her as shes headlining a con this weekend so yeah it would be a bad idea as its more than likely way too many people would have been there and there wouldn't be enough hype, even if she was paired with two others it might be a tough sell that soon, it would be great if they get her tho, i'm not saying im opposed but its just that soon, both cons are in london and so soon

That's why I think if she does a Showmasters event it will be Summer, or even Winter, as it's too close to this weekends event. There's probably contracts in place that say she cant do a rival show for so many months after as well, which I think is standard for the bigger guests

17 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

That's why I think if she does a Showmasters event it will be Summer, or even Winter, as it's too close to this weekends event. There's probably contracts in place that say she cant do a rival show for so many months after as well, which I think is standard for the bigger guests

the only thing they could be doing is attempting fan demand to try and get it annulled should that be the case, basically saying "She's the last Piece of the group we need" and probably try and get it sorted, IE a cast reunion, the only way i can see their being severe fan out cry is if they snagged Tennant again and couldn't get Tate, there is probably a lot of people in other forums or pages complaining that they're getting these actors and not Tate, either way i'm unaffected as ill be getting them all anyway, but i do sympathise with those who want Tate and are going LFCC but as long as they're respectful about it, if they're going to act out i lose it, as i say these are people who are doing this for their fans (9/10 that is, not naming names) and acting disrespectful because its not THE big star is a massive no, no in my book, at some smaller events some people are surprised when i want them despite being behind the scenes people such as a location manager or in the case of Linda Reagan a stunt woman who went uncredited and only had it added on the poster because i found the credit, and my reason?, i have the upmost respect to everyone whose worked on the show (Sans Langley, Clarke, Granthom and especially Wiles) big or small, and even then i will ask about what they did as their stories go untold.

If LFCC nab Tate for Spring, great it'll be awesome to have the Noble family together at an event, if they can't it will be a shame, and i'm thankful that everyone here is being respectful about it, i just get a little annoyed when people see announcement posts on facebook and simply say "Why not X", so thank you guys for being respectful about it all.

• Like 1

Now back to a point i would like to make we have Sheila Reid, so we now need Stephen Yardley who was her opposite Arak in "Vengeance on Varos" and was also Sevrin in "Genesis of the Daleks", i feel that is a realistic guest to acquire, and makes perfect sense for fans to enjoy the two together, their would have to be a Duo Photo, and if they'd be smart maybe even dedicate a 10 minute window to having them and Colin Baker.

also going back slightly if they played it smart they could do this, have Yardley join Reid, and in theme with the 35th Anniversary of "The Last Crusade" get Alexei Sayle, then get his young ones Costar Christopher Ryan who was of course Stahl "the not quite undefeated but never mind" and many other sontarons from series 4 onwards along with Kiv in "Mindwarp" and if you've got him why not then get Nabil Shaban, its a domino effect of actors falling into place, please tell me im not absolutely crazy but am i onto something here. 

15 hours ago, D-C-A said:

If LFCC nab Tate for Spring, great it'll be awesome to have the Noble family together at an event, if they can't it will be a shame, and i'm thankful that everyone here is being respectful about it, i just get a little annoyed when people see announcement posts on facebook and simply say "Why not X", so thank you guys for being respectful about it all.

The same people who complain that it's just another Doctor Who guest, they dont have to comment they could just move on. But nope. Showmasters are not holding a gun to peoples head and saying you have to get every autograph or else. They dont need to comment or get their autograph

19 hours ago, D-C-A said:

the only thing they could be doing is attempting fan demand to try and get it annulled should that be the case, basically saying "She's the last Piece of the group we need" and probably try and get it sorted, IE a cast reunion, the only way i can see their being severe fan out cry is if they snagged Tennant again and couldn't get Tate, there is probably a lot of people in other forums or pages complaining that they're getting these actors and not Tate, either way i'm unaffected as ill be getting them all anyway, but i do sympathise with those who want Tate and are going LFCC but as long as they're respectful about it, if they're going to act out i lose it, as i say these are people who are doing this for their fans (9/10 that is, not naming names) and acting disrespectful because its not THE big star is a massive no, no in my book, at some smaller events some people are surprised when i want them despite being behind the scenes people such as a location manager or in the case of Linda Reagan a stunt woman who went uncredited and only had it added on the poster because i found the credit, and my reason?, i have the upmost respect to everyone whose worked on the show (Sans Langley, Clarke, Granthom and especially Wiles) big or small, and even then i will ask about what they did as their stories go untold.

Pure speculation on my part, I know that if a big convention gets an exclusive star then, they wouldnt want a rival to take some of the shine or money away from them were they to sign within a short time of appearing for them. I'm not saying this is the case with Catherine.

It could also be the case they have secured Catherine's but cant announce it until after her appearance this weekend, so it doesnt affect this weekends convention footfall and turnover.

Or it could be she only has one weekend she is free this year and this is our one and only chance to get her autograph this year

19 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Now back to a point i would like to make we have Sheila Reid, so we now need Stephen Yardley who was her opposite Arak in "Vengeance on Varos" and was also Sevrin in "Genesis of the Daleks", i feel that is a realistic guest to acquire, and makes perfect sense for fans to enjoy the two together, their would have to be a Duo Photo, and if they'd be smart maybe even dedicate a 10 minute window to having them and Colin Baker.

also going back slightly if they played it smart they could do this, have Yardley join Reid, and in theme with the 35th Anniversary of "The Last Crusade" get Alexei Sayle, then get his young ones Costar Christopher Ryan who was of course Stahl "the not quite undefeated but never mind" and many other sontarons from series 4 onwards along with Kiv in "Mindwarp" and if you've got him why not then get Nabil Shaban, its a domino effect of actors falling into place, please tell me im not absolutely crazy but am i onto something here. 

On the Vengeance route. and oh yes I did phrase it that way deliberately.

Martin Jarvis is still a working actor and would cover The Web Planet and Invasion of the Dinosaurs

Jason Connery does have fond memories of working on the show, but I fear the only convention we'll see him in is the Robin of Sherwood ones. 

Geraldine Alexander is also still a working actress

Owen Teale, would also cover Torchwood. And now how about this for a nice random fact, his wife Sylvestra Le Touzel played a child in the Mind Robber

I mean if they can make The Twin Dilemma a theme then there is no stopping them

Edited by Mfahey79

5 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Pure speculation on my part, I know that if a big convention gets an exclusive star then, they wouldnt want a rival to take some of the shine or money away from them were they to sign within a short time of appearing for them. I'm not saying this is the case with Catherine.

It could also be the case they have secured Catherine's but cant announce it until after her appearance this weekend, so it doesnt affect this weekends convention footfall and turnover.

Or it could be she only has one weekend she is free this year and this is our one and only chance to get her autograph this year

I did a bit of talking with a friend who helps out with some events and he said that the person who runs where Catherine is going often has clauses put in the contracts if he’s paying them up front to be there, so if he’s paid that way then she can’t appear without being fined and being seen as bad for business, but if she’s been booked and is taking the money on the day minus a cut she’ll be able to appear but as you said she can’t announce another one so soon before she’s even done this one in the same area being London.

if it was say An American event she’d be allowed to announce her appearance straight away.

5 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

On the Vengeance route. and oh yes I did phrase it that way deliberately.

Martin Jarvis is still a working actor and would cover The Web Planet and Invasion of the Dinosaurs

Jason Connery does have fond memories of working on the show, but I fear the only convention we'll see him in is the Robin of Sherwood ones. 

Geraldine Alexander is also still a working actress

Owen Teale, would also cover Torchwood. And now how about this for a nice random fact, his wife Sylvestra Le Touzel played a child in the Mind Robber

I mean if they can make The Twin Dilemma a theme then there is no stopping them

It would be cool to get Jarvis as let us not forget he did “the Web Planet” but we shouldn’t hold that against him, but it’s still an extremely early story to have someone on, which would be good, Jarvis is great in the other two stories and has done a few audiobook readings to my memory, plus I would definitely have a photo with him, because his character in Vengeance is the only politician I’d ever trust.

9 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

The same people who complain that it's just another Doctor Who guest, they dont have to comment they could just move on. But nope. Showmasters are not holding a gun to peoples head and saying you have to get every autograph or else. They dont need to comment or get their autograph

I’ve noticed these are often the same people who comment names that are ridiculous to get, the most common ones I see are Joesph Quinn and Jenna Ortega they keep wanting the former at every event and the latter is way too in demand an actress, not impossible but unlikely at this point.

Plus standard rule of thumb if you’re a British actor there is a strong chance you have a Doctor who credit at least once or twice in their career be it on TV or even Big Finish, end of the day whoever they get may have a credit or may not, and they just complain because the con isn’t pandering to them specifically who they want logic be damned.

thankfully never seen an outright nasty comment towards anyone being announced and I’ve only ever seen one set of severe backlash to an announcement at another con which was at least in my opinion was justified and it was hilarious seeing all the effort into the posts announcing and promoting the panel but then a very basic story announcing they’d cancelled it from backlash.

Plus standard rule of thumb if you’re a British actor there is a strong chance you have a Doctor who credit at least once or twice in their career be it on TV or even Big Finish, end of the day whoever they get may have a credit or may not, and they just complain because the con isn’t pandering to them specifically who they want logic be damned.

Yep, they would have done a a combination of Doctor Who, Casualty and the Bill, and in some cases all three

I’ve noticed these are often the same people who comment names that are ridiculous to get, the most common ones I see are Joesph Quinn and Jenna Ortega they keep wanting the former at every event and the latter is way too in demand an actress, not impossible but unlikely at this point.

yep, everytime they put a post saying theres a guest announcement incoming, it's the same names cropping up underneath it, time and again. 

With the mention of Pearl Mackie it does make me wonder who is going to be the big who guest they're going to try and Land since at least 2021 they've always had at least one big one a year, 2021 it was Christopher Eccelston, Jo Martin and Jenna Coleman, 2022 it was a large number with Jodie Whitaker, Mandip Gil, David Bradley, Eric Roberts, Arthur Darvil, Alex Kingston, David Tennant and Matt Smith, 2023 it was Mandip Gil, Sacha Dawhen, Matt Smith, Derek Jacobi & Karen Gillian, so it does have me wondering who we'll get this time around because personally John Simm would be great and more of the cancelled Birmingham guests would be wonderful, because they had 3 i was really after even if i have met them before, Maureen O'Brien, Peter Purves & Terry Molloy the latter if you're struggling on an early story you can get on "The Edge of Destruction" as a Narrator for a bonus feature, random footnote, they rebooked Brian Murphy and Linda Reagan so i'm hoping for the others to return especially as Molloy was ill during the last spring event, making last year the first since 2019 i haven't met him (Excluding 2020 due to Covid) and i was sad because i had a photo booked.

as for others Janet Fielding has moved back up the need list again putting her at a solid number 5 behind Nicola Bryant, O'Brien, Purves and Molloy as they announced Mark Strikson for elsewhere and now that small event is mental in who they have, 4 people from the first story, 3 companions and a guest from one of my Favourite stories, i'm getting spoiled.

but if i were to chose the big guest from one ive met already David Tennant is defiently high up there for my Series 4 Boxset given who is on that atm and who will be added, maybe even be cheeky and have him with Christopher Eccelston on my Series 1, and one i've not met Peter Capaldi is the obvious winner of that debate, but he seems to be an actor whose not been out of work in a significant amount of time so maybe i'd need to chose another one, in which case it would have to be John Barrowman who would find himself on Series 1 or 4

yep, everytime they put a post saying theres a guest announcement incoming, it's the same names cropping up underneath it, time and again. 

I do see the irony in us complaining about the complainers but we have reason and logic on our side, even if that merely enables us to be wrong with Authority, but people need to understand that if a guest is announced and its not a guest they want, theirs no need to complain, yes i'm sorry its not Jenna Ortega but that doesn't warrant abuse towards the name that has been announced, i know last year saw a few guests from "Wednesday" but they were only guest actors, including one i felt the photo did him rather dirty making him look fat, poor guy, i didn't see any negativity towards them probably because by the time that Con happened they'd been placated long enough that complaining at the venue would have looked poor, to say nothing of that to which i did see in the queue for a certain red haired blue skinned cyborg, but thats a different story.

I think one i see that people are defiently being selfish and arrogant about that ive often seen continuously requested is Michael J Fox when i believe that in his condition it would be impractical for him to travel out of the US for any insignificant amount of time, as travelling that quick that soon would be a disaster to his health, even if he came down for a week that would be insane, if anything i don't know it is ignorance wilful or otherwise when people ask for him or just selfishness on their part.

12 hours ago, D-C-A said:

With the mention of Pearl Mackie it does make me wonder who is going to be the big who guest they're going to try and Land since at least 2021 they've always had at least one big one a year, 2021 it was Christopher Eccelston, Jo Martin and Jenna Coleman, 2022 it was a large number with Jodie Whitaker, Mandip Gil, David Bradley, Eric Roberts, Arthur Darvil, Alex Kingston, David Tennant and Matt Smith, 2023 it was Mandip Gil, Sacha Dawhen, Matt Smith, Derek Jacobi & Karen Gillian, so it does have me wondering who we'll get this time around because personally John Simm would be great and more of the cancelled Birmingham guests would be wonderful, because they had 3 i was really after even if i have met them before, Maureen O'Brien, Peter Purves & Terry Molloy the latter if you're struggling on an early story you can get on "The Edge of Destruction" as a Narrator for a bonus feature, random footnote, they rebooked Brian Murphy and Linda Reagan so i'm hoping for the others to return especially as Molloy was ill during the last spring event, making last year the first since 2019 i haven't met him (Excluding 2020 due to Covid) and i was sad because i had a photo booked.

as for others Janet Fielding has moved back up the need list again putting her at a solid number 5 behind Nicola Bryant, O'Brien, Purves and Molloy as they announced Mark Strikson for elsewhere and now that small event is mental in who they have, 4 people from the first story, 3 companions and a guest from one of my Favourite stories, i'm getting spoiled.

but if i were to chose the big guest from one ive met already David Tennant is defiently high up there for my Series 4 Boxset given who is on that atm and who will be added, maybe even be cheeky and have him with Christopher Eccelston on my Series 1, and one i've not met Peter Capaldi is the obvious winner of that debate, but he seems to be an actor whose not been out of work in a significant amount of time so maybe i'd need to chose another one, in which case it would have to be John Barrowman who would find himself on Series 1 or 4

i would love billie piper and  Christopher Eccelston

• Like 1

We have been spoiled the last few years with them getting the main cast, and guest stars from the last few series.  

Whilst Jo Martin has done a few of the regional shows, they've not brought her to London yet.

But I reckon for Spring we'll be getting a Noble family re-union, just not Yasmin.

I do see the irony in us complaining about the complainers but we have reason and logic on our side, even if that merely enables us to be wrong with Authority, but people need to understand that if a guest is announced and its not a guest they want, theirs no need to complain, yes i'm sorry its not Jenna Ortega but that doesn't warrant abuse towards the name that has been announced, i know last year saw a few guests from "Wednesday" but they were only guest actors, including one i felt the photo did him rather dirty making him look fat, poor guy, i didn't see any negativity towards them probably because by the time that Con happened they'd been placated long enough that complaining at the venue would have looked poor, to say nothing of that to which i did see in the queue for a certain red haired blue skinned cyborg, but thats a different story.

I think one i see that people are defiently being selfish and arrogant about that ive often seen continuously requested is Michael J Fox when i believe that in his condition it would be impractical for him to travel out of the US for any insignificant amount of time, as travelling that quick that soon would be a disaster to his health, even if he came down for a week that would be insane, if anything i don't know it is ignorance wilful or otherwise when people ask for him or just selfishness on their part.

And the same again tonight, people feel the need to say who are they.

Now we have every right to be disappointed when they announce guests, and I have on numerous occasions. I've never felt the need to comment on the posts. I just shrug my shoulders and think that it saves more of my budget for other people.

The problem with the Michael J Fox requests, was the very ambiguous guest hints they gave last year, where it was heavily implied it was a massive guest from Back to the Future. So Whilst it was completely unrealistic, in this case I can see why people jumped to this conclusion