Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

2 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Been quite an impulsive week, hotel booked for the summer show, and entry tickets booked for the winter show next year. Still a few things needed to sort out to make sure I can get to the spring show. 

I cant see us getting any more announcements this year mind. Unless they manage to get a headliner they cant wait for.

Next Friday I’m gonna be booking the entry for spring, hotel and my Frazer Hines photo,  well hoping to book the hotel depends on how much my holiday comes to, cause I still have around £300+ to pay off. 

Even with a pay in 3 and Christmas coming up gotta be more tighter than expected, even then I’m gonna have to be careful on the signings as unfortunately Julys con is a day before I get paid this time unlike last 2 years where day 1 was payday

I'll be tightening my belt now as well, as I've had my splurge, all I need to do is book my parking and then I'll be sorted for the summer.  But not knowing if it'll be my current car or not, means I'm holding fire on this.

As it's at the start of the month this time, so I'm in opposite boat, where I'll be paid just before the show, so gives me opportunity to book a last minute photoshoot if I fancy.

Saying that, I'm definatly going to book a few next year, as this year, I managed a grand total of one. 

6 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I'll be tightening my belt now as well, as I've had my splurge, all I need to do is book my parking and then I'll be sorted for the summer.  But not knowing if it'll be my current car or not, means I'm holding fire on this.

As it's at the start of the month this time, so I'm in opposite boat, where I'll be paid just before the show, so gives me opportunity to book a last minute photoshoot if I fancy.

Saying that, I'm definatly going to book a few next year, as this year, I managed a grand total of one. 

Given i expected only 1 given how things were going i was amazed i walked away with 9 i think from Winter, would have been 10 had i met Sean Chapman earlier in the day, he was lovely and after talking i wanted to book a photo only for him to have already done his session.

as it is i'm still a week off from knowing how much i'll have been paid for it last month, and i know how much i've got on the gross, but its all the deductions i'll have which is gonna be at least £480, so i'm hoping the holiday pay comes in well and i've miscalculated on a few shifts because apparently one position is like 20p more and i dunno how many of those i pulled (Like one of two people who will do it, everyone else hates it), so i'm gonna see what i can do hotel wise and just say screw it and start another pay in 3 on that straight up pay for spring tickets and Frazers photo, and just not take my card anywhere.

actually no saying that i do have 1 thing i wanna buy because its back on ebay "The Faceless Ones"/"the Web of Fear" VHS signed by Ralph Watson because he's gone and i am keen on holding onto that VHS set, so i have little issue there.

I dont normally go for photoshoots, but when they come with the diamond pass, your hands are tied unless you want to lose out a chunk of what you pay for the pass. 

If they offered an autograph only diamond pass for certain guests, then I would be all over that option. But they've said on many an occasion, they wont be offering this

Hopefully we can get some interesting combinations next year, of doctor and companions, or them in their tv costume.

I hope that Colin Baker offers a photo option in coat at least because it would be nice to have him in it, i actually like the coat he wore, but i'm hoping for Nicola Bryant appearance at least once this year somewhere i can get to, rightly i need her so badly in my "Light at the end" its unreal, also got Philip Hinchcliffe in that recently so nice one there me, plus i'm sure they'd offer a duo there.

14 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I hope that Colin Baker offers a photo option in coat at least because it would be nice to have him in it, i actually like the coat he wore, but i'm hoping for Nicola Bryant appearance at least once this year somewhere i can get to, rightly i need her so badly in my "Light at the end" its unreal, also got Philip Hinchcliffe in that recently so nice one there me, plus i'm sure they'd offer a duo there.

That's the only Doctor/costume I have. I do have Barrowman in costume as well though. So next year, I'll try and get a few more, if they are offered of course. 

For combinations, I've Sylvester & Paul McGann with Tardis console, Sylvester & Sophie, And Colin & Nicola. Hopefully next year I can get Peter Davison, and any or all of his companions

Nice addition with Philip Hinchcliffe

Edited by Mfahey79

15 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Finished christmas shopping so treated myself, plugged a few holes in my new series stamp covers. And made a start on the classic series, starting with William Russell on the Daleks cover

Lovely addition with William Russell, most i can hope for is him on the booklet nowadays, i'm still two days out of being paid sadly to say, then i'm gonna be paying for what i need to, mainly starting the booking for LFCC, but i do want to treat myself a little, but i know the money i will be paid isn't going to be the best

• Like 1

Thank you, there are a good range of actors who are no longer with us across the classic series covers, Nicholas Courtney for example signed a lot of the Jon Pertwee episode covers, Mary Tamm signed The Armageddon Factor, and Phil Madoc on the War games. I'll be working my way through those ones first.

The modern series is so random, they cover all the episodes of the first 4 seasons, a couple of David Tennants original specials, and only one or two episodes after that. 

Well that’s LFCC and Frazer Hines photo paid for, overall last month pay wise was horrible so I’m doing a lot of Pay in 3s to get everything I want, but the con and photo has been an up front pay.

aside from some cosplay things I wanted (a new wig, elbow and Knee pads and a prop pistol) I bought a new Big Finish CD, main range number 36. the Rapture and a VHS cover of “The Faceless ones”/“The Web of Fear” Signed by Ralph Watson

• Like 1

It seems that i was wrong in not getting any guests this side of christmas, they've just announced Sophie Aldred for LFCC in summer. They've put up a double photoshoot with Sylvester, and whilst I have that combo, they are offering a costume shoot, but they've worded it in such a way, it could be interpreted that only Sylvester is in costume and not both. And if both, I'd be booking that one

Edited by Mfahey79

7 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

It seems that i was wrong in not getting any guests this side of christmas, they've just announced Sophie Aldred for LFCC in summer. They've put up a double photoshoot with Sylvester, and whilst I have that combo, they are offering a costume shoot, but they've worded it in such a way, it could be interpreted that only Sylvester is in costume and not both. And if both, I'd be booking that one

From what i'm guessing Sophie will be in costume again, its seems that Sylvester has rubbed off on her and she's now offering costume photos like he does

12 hours ago, D-C-A said:

but in other news elsewhere Carol Ann-Ford has been announced and i've booked that ticket and damn she is going to set me back £65 for what i'm getting her on.

I did see that, and with the others announced as well, I'll be sending in my DVD cover. 

I won’t be surprised if we see an announcement of Bonnie Langford for a convention soon, which would be wonderful to see by all accounts, even if what I have left isn’t anything im roaring to get her on as at this time all I have left is the boxsets, “time and the Rani” and “Paradise towers”, amongst a bunch of CDs

On 12/10/2023 at 10:10 AM, D-C-A said:

I won’t be surprised if we see an announcement of Bonnie Langford for a convention soon, which would be wonderful to see by all accounts, even if what I have left isn’t anything im roaring to get her on as at this time all I have left is the boxsets, “time and the Rani” and “Paradise towers”, amongst a bunch of CDs

The 60th specials should be out in time as well giving another option, if you were to go down that route. She was certainly busy enough at the winter 2022 event, to make it worth her and the shows time to invite her back. I'm sure she would have been busy even without having just appeared in The Power of the Doctor, but it would have definatly helped

Edited by Mfahey79

On 12/10/2023 at 9:12 PM, Mfahey79 said:

The 60th specials should be out in time as well giving another option, if you were to go down that route. She was certainly busy enough at the winter 2022 event, to make it worth her and the shows time to invite her back. I'm sure she would have been busy even without having just appeared in The Power of the Doctor, but it would have definatly helped

I did notice Bonnie was incredibly popular there and has been wherever I’ve seen her, she’s lovely to meet, but that said I’m hoping for some companions I’ve not met before or some that I’ve only got maybe 1 or 2 signatures from, either way with a Frazer Announcement I’m hoping for one from Anneke as we always hold out hope as I think I can comfortably narrow her down to 5 items.

19 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I did notice Bonnie was incredibly popular there and has been wherever I’ve seen her, she’s lovely to meet, but that said I’m hoping for some companions I’ve not met before or some that I’ve only got maybe 1 or 2 signatures from, either way with a Frazer Announcement I’m hoping for one from Anneke as we always hold out hope as I think I can comfortably narrow her down to 5 items.

Hopefully Anneke will do a show or two next year, even if she avoids the summer LFCC and does one of the quieter ones, like spring or winter

6 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Hopefully Anneke will do a show or two next year, even if she avoids the summer LFCC and does one of the quieter ones, like spring or winter

Best time to get her would be Sunday of Spring so she would be with Frazer, because people would likely want to meet them together, if you listen to any interview she does she is lovely

• Like 1