GUESTS, any regrets on not meeting them

loveamyadams

really looking forward to the weekend,meeting some people i' ve waited years for. More excited about Birmingham than london. Thank you Showmasters, love your events. I'm proberbly spending way too much money but not missing out this time. just wondering who you decided not to meet over the years for any reason and ended up regretting it. Allways regret not meeting Burt Reynolds years ago at a previous collectormania. I decided not to travel down to london for just one person because of cost. Now with his health issues and age i cant see him coming back. I wince and my heart sinks every time i see his movies come up on TV. Also Kenny Baker., must have seen him over 30 times and didnt bother getting his auto because i allways thought ' next time', others were a priority,. then sadly he passed away. who do you wish you'd made the effort for but didnt or they canceled and never came  back?

I have had no Regrets, However I have heard a few guests were very upset in not meeting me... One guest pulled SM up and made a complaint, So they hunted me down which wasn't hard, as I'm the only Camel who attend these shows. I met the guest and they were so happy afterwards.. Just saying ;)

There are of course dozens of shows I wish I had known of before (I didn't know about Showmasters until the LFCC that had Peter Dinklage for example), so I've missed a lot of great guests over the years. As for events that I actually attended and guests I skipped at those events... Well, I've skipped the Atlantis, Three Musketeers and Penny Dreadful guests at the Showmasters shows. I still regret this, but did so at the time because you need to set a budget and see who fits in it and who not. I figured they'd be back because they're British, but so far I've had no luck. I also regret skipping Sigourney Weaver, but I just couldn't afford her on top of all the others then (and at the moment I'm really glad I did chose Bill Paxton over her). I tried getting John Cleese last year, but with no luck unfortunately. And well, Michael J Fox, the package to get his autograph was just too expensive for me as well.

nope! I meet guests what have meaning to me, I put money aside each year. this year I was saying for ages I'm not going to LFCC but since the announcement of the allo allo guests it had to be done plus Tony Robinson is an added bonus for me, I was a massive fan of time team and blackadder.

There are a few I've missed, for one reason or another, and regretted. At Autographica (can't remember which one) I decided not to meet Scott Carpenter as I couldn't afford his autograph at the time. It would be his last appearance in the UK.

I also decided not to meet the stars of Buck Rogers, Gil Gerard and Erin Gray, when they came over. Still don't know why I swerved the stars of one of my favourite childhood shows.

But my biggest regret was not hanging around to meet Kenny Baker one last time. I had met Kenny at a few shows over the years, got a couple of autographs, and was even lucky enough to have a quick conversation with him and his wife. But I'd never found that one special image I wanted him to sign. I had finally found that special R2-D2 image, got a copy, and took it to an LFCC (the one John Ratzenberger was at). After meeting all the other guests I wanted I got into Kenny's queue. As I got near the front Kenny was lead away for his photo shoot and I was told he wouldn't be back for an hour. I had the choice of an hours wait, missing a train and not getting home for another six hours. Or to hang around, meet Kenny, and get home very late.
My justification for leaving was I'll catch Kenny next time which sadly never came.