Should they change the date

This incident has just happened. Showmasters will need some time to consider everything. And as LFCC, is just under 2 months away, it's unlikely. As someone who is currently trying to find a way out of London at the moment, I find comments like this completely inappropriate at this time.

• Like 6

There's no need to worry about stuff like this at the moment Posey.  Firstly no one know what is actually going on at the moment and asking is a question no one can answer.  Any advice regarding something like that would be between the security services and SM and would only need to happen if there was a specific threat.

SM will be dealing with any security updates that may need to be taken for C24 which is on at the moment.   Anything that affects LFCC would be announced when it is appropriate to do so.

What Raylenth has said.

Tonight's incidents are absolutely shocking and horrible. But worrying about something happening almost two months away, that is a concern and question no one can answer right now. No one.

I will lock here. If there is anything to update SM will post an update. But everyone, please don't ask for news tomorrow or next week. There's so much time to go and so many things to consider.

Adding some personal thoughts.

My boyfriend is currently at the Rock am Ring festival in Germany.

I don't know how much of this has made the news in the UK. But yesterday the event was temporarily interrupted and the area was evacuated. A "concrete terroristic threat." I will spare you details because not much is really confirmed so far. It involves suspicious people using fake badges, that's pretty much the line everyone agrees on. Huge police presence, the area was searched extensively. But this morning they decided to continue.

In any case, the evacuation was smooth and peaceful. Attendees were chanting "f**k terrorism" or singing "you'll never walk alone" or a German song which about translates to "there's one thing that no one can take away ftom me: it's the pleasure of life." This morning there were tons of sign repeating the chants in various variations or saying things like "they won't win."

Don't get me wrong. I understand anyone being worried. I would also totally understand any event being moved. But I also understand the singing attendees.

I was at an event after 9/11. One of the guests said on stage that he had considered cancelling due to that. But then he realized that "if we let them put fear in our hearts they have won."

It's probably considered sad by some, but I still hear him saying this when I wonder "hey, should I really do this or that." Cause he's right too. It doesn't mean you have to run blind in the biggest and scariest scenario. But it doesn't mean you have to hide in your house and never come out again. 

• Like 17