Costumes!

Mighty Mo

For good elf ears made of latex that merge well with any flesh tone, go to aradanistudios.com. They cost about £7 per pair with about £3 for postage but they're reuseable too and very durable :)

Nickwise - that picture is adorable! Did someone try to muss up one of your braids or something? :blush:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For good elf ears made of latex that merge well with any flesh tone, go to aradanistudios.com. They cost about £7 per pair with about £3 for postage but they're reuseable too and very durable :)

Nickwise - that picture is adorable! Did someone try to muss up one of your braids or something? :wub:

:unsure::unsure::wub::unsure:

that expression is due to some terrible rumour going round that Galadriel is prettier than Legolas.

Broke my heart... ;)

Actually I do believe Legolas in that picture is standing outside of the MK ladies toilets wondering -- looking rather confused -- as to whether to go into the mens or the ladies loos. :wub:

Lady of the Realm, try this link for aradani studios ebay store and I think that this is the actual website. I haven't looked at either of them, but it looks all about right. :)

*grins* hey guys! I figured this would be the best place to post a few piccies I had just come off my film from C5 of certain people (babyfrodo, nickwise - I mean you) in lotr costume...

First, I couldn't hide this one behind a link because it's just too adorable!

awwww.JPG

The rest though, I shan't terrorise people with. I just love that shot of Nickwise.  :o

Frodo and Sam 1 - Frodo trying to kill Sam there...

Frodo and Sam 2 - Frodo STILL trying to kill Sam and now looking like he's enjoying it too :D

'I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things...' - I'm digging the perplexed MK shopper in the background here. He came out for a pint of milk and what does he get? Hobbits. Honestly.

Now all I wanna do is show off a real cool shot of my dernhelm costume I took when I got home from C5, and add that this real unflattering shot of me proves beyond all doubt that I am a dwarf. One day I will do a Gimli costume for sure! Just gotta figure out how to grow a beard...  :P

Right, I've made it back! *did I just hear some one groan?*

Sarowyn, love the pictures :o Thanks for posting (Who is that ugly frodo? :P )

That Legolas outfit is bloody good!!!! Don't remember his ears being that long ^_^ Cute photo! I'm in favour of making Orlando where those ears when he comes to c6 *prods showmasters* Ok, so that was wishfull thinking! Did Legolas have a fluffy tail also?

Your Dernhelm armor is just incredable!!! How long did it take you to make? Really, really impressive! B):wub:

Ooo yeah, one more thing, Sarowyn. Hehee, I have pictures of Eowyn (c4) and Arwen (lfacc) and I'm not affraid to use them :P:D The're really nice, I most post them!

Edited by babyFrodo

Er secondly, I couldn't resist doing this! You can blame my need for captioning p ^_^ ictures on the Elijah thread.

(Hope you don't mind me using one of your pic, sarowyn!)

perplexingendofworld.JPG

The elderly passer by is thinking " So that's what happened to my best saucepan!!!"

Or "Tsk! Boys will be boys!"

Sorry, I'll stop taking the medication shall I :P *joke*

Er secondly, I couldn't resist doing this! You can blame my need for captioning p :P ictures on the Elijah thread.

perplexingendofworld.JPG

The elderly passer by is thinking " So that's what happened to my best saucepan!!!"

Sorry, I'll stop taking the medication shall I :P *joke*

some more captions I am tempted to put up...firstly by the elderly passer by...

'Isn't anyone going to call an ambulance?'

'Did I get insurance for that saucepan?'

and next, the guy on the right with the carrier bag...

'Hmmm....look away, don't make eye-contact. This is not happening'

or-

'oooh, do you think I could join in? Who's in charge around here?' :blink:

Do you think I should start our own thread? I've....er...successfully taken over ANOTHER one... :blush::blush:

'Nickwse Gamgee, watch out, they're a thread hijacker!' (might go on my sig, that...) Orc armor is coming along a treat!!! BTW :D:D:wub:

I have made the basis of my orc helmet, my under tunic and I have all the scraps for the rest now, so i can't be talked out of it anyhows!!! Only i don't think I will have the orc weapon.

I can't wait to do all the ROTK shots, I love getting grubby and covered in blood...hence why I am less likely to be Legolas at these events, so darn prissy...awwww, Frodo holding Sam shot? Sounds cute! :wub::D

I have had another idea....how do you find getting to the outskirts of London? I was looking at major transport links and it doesn't seem that difficult by train and that, but I need your opinion. The Chiltern Hills have everything apparently, forests, 'mountains', hills, valleys, fields etc...and there aren't very many villages. I have a photo of a road near a place called 'Skirmett' and it looks so much like the road they hide from the Nazgul under a tree. All narrow and bending and surrounded by trees.

I shan't clean my boots with face paint... :blush: my boots tend to be like orc boots anyhow, all flapping and muddy and been worn for 5 years....but I prefer going barefoot anyhows :D:D

I will most certainly have armor within the month, now I have the materials. It won't be as detailed or professional as yours, but I figured, so long as its caked in mud, it'll be good to go :D:D

I best go work on it while I have my morning free! :wub: *hugs*

Isn't it ironic how you've lost your watch....it wasn't a rolex was it?hehehe :D

Deja vu! I've already replied to this but the forum decided it'd had enough of me and wouldn't let me post :P

Although, it's given me time to check out the chiltern hills. :D It's a really, really big area! I've seen a pic of the forest, which looks really beautiful. The trees look huge which will be perfect for making us look small.

The chiltern railways run from Birmingham to London and passes though it, so I think it'll be just be a case of get to london and then one or two local trains from there! Apparently it takes about 35 mins so that's okay.

I could go straight from B'ham but I think it's a good idea to meet up before we get there because the area's that huge I think don't think we'd we find each other. :o Even with the help of mobiles (what's one of them, Sam?) I think we'd half the day being lost

*ring,ring*

-"Hello"

-"Alright, Nicky? Are you there yet?"

-"Yeah. I'm in a field. Where are you?"

-"In a field. I can't see you. Erm, there's some trees a bit over there, does that help?" :lol:

I'm really familiar with going to London anyway. And you can get cheap tickets. Note to self: You are just passing through London, You are *not* going to the animation art gallery. Hobbits don't collect cels!!! :P And I don't think Russel and Graham like hairy feet...

Oh, Nottingham is really is really easy for me to get to as well!

*Phew* I was getting a bit to sensible there!

I've got an Orc armor Sam!!! :wub: How have you done all that in a matter of days *jaw drops*. Go you! I is hoping to complete the top today. Everybodies out the house all day so I can hammer all the press studs in with out anoying people!

Oh, I'd be really cursing meself if my watch had have been a rolex!!!! But nah, was just a plain one :D

Er secondly, I couldn't resist doing this! You can blame my need for captioning p  ictures on the Elijah thread.

perplexingendofworld.JPG

Sorry, I'll stop taking the medication shall I   *joke*

some more captions I am tempted to put up...firstly by the elderly passer by...

'Isn't anyone going to call an ambulance?'

'Did I get insurance for that saucepan?'

and next, the guy on the right with the carrier bag...

'Hmmm....look away, don't make eye-contact. This is not happening'

or-

'oooh, do you think I could join in? Who's in charge around here?' :lol:

Do you think I should start our own thread? I've....er...successfully taken over ANOTHER one... :P:blush:

'Nickwse Gamgee, watch out, they're a thread hijacker!' (might go on my sig, that...) Orc armor is coming along a treat!!! BTW :D:D:D

:wub::wub::wub:

I've just noticed the guy sitting, holding his head in his hands. I think he is just screaming "NOOOOO"

Yeah, I don't mind taking my ramblings to another thread. I was starting to feel a little sorry for those whos good costume news gets lost because I've taken to adding three replies at once!

Although I'm pleased the costume thread is being kept active :D

Edited by babyFrodo

*Smacks head on table* Someone tell me why I've decided to become a hobbit lass?!

The costume involves three skirts which shouldn't be so tough to make but trying to decide on material is a terror...why am I so indecisive?

On better news......ordered my circlet for my elven costume for the Saturday of C6 so at leats one part of the costumes is going right...!

Nickwise - did you make a Dernhelm costume? And have you got any pics of it? I'm nosy :lol:

I regret to inform you guys that there will be no LotR costumes for me at C6 or LFACC2 due to the fact that for LFACC2 I'm doing X-Men and C6 is X-Men, Xena and a secret costume.

I will be doing LotR costumes at other conventions that shall not be mentioned.

P.S. Babyfrodo I need you to email me about something.

Firstly, Maraviel, I unfortunately didn't make that gorgeous Dernhelm costume, my dear friend Sarowyn did, and she has a few photos, I'm sure she'd show you :huh: You are going to be a hobbit lass? Cool, there are few who are the gals, I was worrying there were none, like the dwarf women!

Naurarwen, I am looking forward to seeing some of your new and non-lotr costumes because I know they'll be fantastic. :huh:

babyFrodo where do I begin? hehehehehehehe, I am so starting a random thread for our random waffling! I is, yes I is.

Mobile phones? LOL!! just reminded me of LFACC when I lost Sarah and she rung me, I shouted 'MR FRODO!!!' down the phone when I picked up, much to the amusements of passers-by...

I am thinking the Chilterns should be good, now that you have mentioned great big trees...thinking of having a FOTR Frodo reading before Gandalf-arrives shot in the bluebells and whatnot...

My orc armor is now at the stage of:

Helmet shell complete (needs covering)

Chainmail ordered off eBay (yes I have to assemble)

Leather 'feathered' tunic front complete (though no rivetting!!!)

Trousers cut out, lot to be done there...

All scraps and rags ready for attaching,

Grey, tattered old gauntlets scrounged from father...

erm...so a little way to go, but its getting there! :huh:

*LOVES* the guy saying 'NOOO' poor fellow...also thinking *wish I had stayed at home* or *should have chosen another bench to sit on* :huh::huh:

I regret to inform you guys that there will be no LotR costumes for me at C6 or LFACC2 due to the fact that for LFACC2 I'm doing X-Men and C6 is X-Men, Xena and a secret costume.

I will be doing LotR costumes at other conventions that shall not be mentioned.

P.S. Babyfrodo I need you to email me about something.

Ah, just as long as you keep costuming, we'll let you off :P Come back to us soon though. Middle earth ain't the same with out a Naurawen Fangorn!

Oh and check your inbox :huh::P

BabyFrodo, something scares me about the pictures.....

oh, its the fact I'M IN THEM!!!!

lol! *loves* Poor old Sarowyn, she must be thinking, 'why can't I ever get rid of this Legolas Hobbit thing?' :P

No no! She's thinking "Arrrrrrrgh! Noooo! C4 pictures! DOOM."

I just can't help but look at my eowyn costume and want to hide from shame. It looks barely anything like! :rolleyes: But I still like my sleeves on it I guess (can kill a bus driver in one fatal swoop!) and the skirt holds a place in my heart as the great sack-magic, but - the horror of it all.

Please can all people with pictures of me from C4 burn them. Right now! *hands out complimentry matches for all*