Caroline "Mrs Merton" Aherne RIP

KingRichard76

My thoughts go out to Carolines family, friends and colleagues within the showbiz world for this very sad loss of a wonderful talent, The Fast Show, The Royle Family, and of course Mrs Merton :(

To me this was a matter of when it would happen and not if. Having lost my brother in law to cancer the signs were there that she was heading down that lonely road with the biggest one when she stopped narrating Gogglebox. She did so much great work and I hope she finds peace and comfort now that she has passed. May her family be strong and remember the good times. It will not be easy as three years later I still grieve for my brother in law.

RIP Caroline.

Whilst I never liked her comedy and thought both The Royle Family and Mrs Merton were vastly overrated. You have to respect how she handled her private issues and for successfully creating characters a lot of people adore

Edited by john1980

Whilst I never liked her comedy and thought both The Royle Family and Mrs Merton were vastly overrated. You have to respect how she handled her private issues and for successfully creating characters a lot of people adore

She was one of those people who didn't want to make a fuss. Got on with it all and dealt with her fight with cancer very well.