Bournemouth VS London

Hi

I've been to various cons in London before, but really want to see how the Bournemouth one is as there is a few guests I would like to meet.

Just wanted to know how busy are these cons compared to London for example as generally London cons are crazy busy?

This will be the first SM event in Bournemouth I think. I've been to the BIC a few times and even if most or all of the building is used, it will still be much smaller than any of the venues LFCC etc. have been in the last few years. It may be very busy but on a much smaller scale. It would be packed like any building though if capacity is reached ticket wise and everyone is in at the same time.

• Like 1

This will be the first SM event in Bournemouth I think. I've been to the BIC a few times and even if most or all of the building is used, it will still be much smaller than any of the venues LFCC etc. have been in the last few years. It may be very busy but on a much smaller scale. It would be packed like any building though if capacity is reached ticket wise and everyone is in at the same time.

Just the iinfo I need. Think I will definately be going just for Saturday though as I have a festival to go to that weekend! :)

• Like 1

Just the iinfo I need. Think I will definately be going just for Saturday though as I have a festival to go to that weekend! :)

Is it Reading? I will hopefully be there again although I might have to nip to Bournemouth for a couple of hours! I'm kind of hoping I don't want to meet anyone else that gets added, as so far it's very few names of interest for me! :P

Is it Reading? I will hopefully be there again although I might have to nip to Bournemouth for a couple of hours! I'm kind of hoping I don't want to meet anyone else that gets added, as so far it's very few names of interest for me! :P

No going SW4 but bournemouth is only about hour and a half from me so if i get there for 9 then leave by three should have loads of time!

I cant wait for this show, I live close by and working as crew on the sunday, this could be a major event in dorset if the right stars are booked, if its going to be mainly sports and dr who it wont be around for long I don't think. it needs the big starts like the others. Robert Englund will most prob be the biggest

I cant wait for this show, I live close by and working as crew on the sunday, this could be a major event in dorset if the right stars are booked, if its going to be mainly sports and dr who it wont be around for long I don't think. it needs the big starts like the others. Robert Englund will most prob be the biggest

Yeah it has so much potential, very exciting that Showmasters want to make it their THIRD biggest event of the year! I think too many Doctor Who guests can damage the convention, hopefully its just for this year/to get it started... The thing with Doctor Who guests is that many of the classic Who episodes were filmed in and around Dorset with much of the casting directed at local talent who I guess haven't moved away since. Its understandable that they'd gravitate towards these guests as they'd surely be easy to book and have enough appeal to bulk out the undercard... But more variation would be nice!