Thrown out of gold room

I've paid Showmasters for a gold pass and because I didn't have a ticket for the Back to the future talk I was told I had to leave the gold pass room. Nowhere was it stated that this had to during this time.

I don't care about the talk because if I did I would have paid for a ticket, but when I pay Showmasters over £200 for a gold pass I expect access to the room at all times.

Sunday has been worse than Saturday as the venue feels overcrowded more than Yesterday

I could complain more but for now I'll leave it

I know others who were complaining of this too.

Outside the Michael J Fox photo shoot was terrible, just a mass of people and a poor crew member having to shout and write on a board. I could hear him nor read the board, and had to rely on a kind person in the mass next to me. Next time they need x amount of queues, diamond, gold etc

I total agree of ALL my photo shoots this one was the worst. It was the least organised, the least space and the least control. I could neither see the board being held up or hear what the staff were calling out. My friend who had a photo shoot at the same time was told to stay for the MJF one then go to her other one John bell on the top floor only to miss the john bell shoot. I will not be meeting diamond guests again and recommending showmaster if these sort of things don't get sorted out.

I had a Michael Gambon diamond pass and I couldn't get to the talk as I couldn't get off of level 3 and I missed the prop shoot because I had a photoshoot and then wouldn't let me skip some of the queue :(

Michaels Talk was on level 3.

Sorry meant level 2, the one YALC was on :P

Well they should have thought about that before putting the gold room there. They should have positioned it else where. Sunday was horrific I went there 3 times to get a bottle of water as I was not paying £2.50 for one because I paid for a Gold pass.

Its my first Comic Con and I personally think the value for money on that Gold Pass was not there.

I tried to get into the gold room but was told it was closed due to the BTTF talk. A bit disappointing but a kind crew member did sort me out some water which was what I was desperately in need of. Having been in the room when other talks were on I can confirm that at best you could only hear snippets of answers and it certainly wouldn't have warranted going to sit in the room for a talk.

Although I wasn't thrilled with the contents of the gold pass I got it to help with potential queuing.

Gold pass room - perhaps have a sign saying 'gold pass room' so you know exactly where it is?

I've used gold passes before years gone by (I stopped collecting for a while) and the 'goodie bag' use to be really good. You'd get a select number of autographs, granted they wasn't always everyone's cuppa but it was always a nice little bonus.

I got an ice cube tray, key ring and a sticker thing? Not really cool promo items from film and tv

The tote bag was a good idea and very useful.

The use of the photograph voucher that was changed was an excellent bonus. It made Signourney Weaver photo shoot financially doable for me.

There was a few talks you could attend which I planned to but then totally forgot (doh).

The overall package has it quibbles but it's primarily to assist your weekend to get the autographs/photo shoots you want. So that element I found it a big help given how busy the place was. Perhaps the "goodie" contents could be reviewed?

I would like to complain about a pit boss, she was very rude and basically told me there was no point in buying a gold pass at all as it didn't mean anything at this convention. I tried joining a queue for someone, can't remember who it was, I showed her my gold pass and she basically said it doesn't mean anything with me and you will ahem to come back later or take a virtual ticket, it was for none of the diamond pass guests or anyone else who had a massive queue. I came back later, she let me queue but then insisted that she needed to keep putting the VQ ticket holders in front of me so I kept getting pushed further and further back. I would have complained about her to someone higher if I could find anyone. Sorry very unusual for me to complain but I had paid for 2 gold passes that's £450 to be told by a pit boss that it was a waste of money. She was very rude and should not be a pit boss. Sorry

Edited by theentsrgoingtowar

I would like to complain about a pit boss, she was very rude and basically told me there was no point in buying a gold pass at all as it didn't mean anything at this convention. I tried joining a queue for someone, can't remember who it was, I showed her my gold pass and she basically said it doesn't mean anything with me and you will ahem to come back later or take a virtual ticket, it was for none of the diamond pass guests or anyone else who had a massive queue. I came back later, she let me queue but then insisted that she needed to keep putting the VQ ticket holders in front of me so I kept getting pushed further and further back. I would have complained about her to someone higher if I could find anyone. Sorry very unusual for me to complain but I had paid for 2 gold passes that's £450 to be told by a pit boss that it was a waste of money. She was very rude and should not be a pit boss. Sorry

If something like that happens the correct place to go to would be the Organisers Booth, they can get you someone higher up. If you could e-mail the details to info@showmastersevents.com now the office can hopefully have a look at that situation.