ROTK COUNTDOWN

vamps!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The box set is just the 3 standard editions put together, so if you've already got the others not really worth it (unless you just want to pay a lot of £ for the box).

The extended edns are out in nov and apparently next yr there will be another box set of extended editions with possibly auditions and other stuff we haven't seen (exciting).

I don't think I'll bother getting the Box set, already have the normal and extended versions as it is. The only reason I have both sets as I couldn't wait for the extended ones, plus you get different extras on them.

Seems to be a lot of confusion as to when the extended version is coming out, in The Empire magazine it says Autumn and I read somewhere else it was going to be out in August. Grrrrrrrrr why can't we ever get a fixed date. The other release dates they gave us were wrong, so far all the others I have managed to buy the day before the advertised release date, or is that the shops being completely stupid???

Yea, I know what you mean, v confusing!

I think word is going round that the extended edition come out in August cos the standard edition has been put forward by 3 months (cos that used to be Aug), but I think the EE is gonna be released the same time as previous years, so we have to wait til Nov (noooooooooo).

Edited by amrun quessir

There is nothing yet in The Empire Magazine yet, just talks about the normal version. There will beon that one though, two "making of" documentaries, six internet-premiered featurettes, trailers and TV spots. So nothing all that exciting if you ask me!!!!

There's also bloopers & out-takes on there too! I see it on the cover for one... or maybe it was just for the Region 1 (American) dvd?

FG x X x

God no good asking me huns, I have no idea what the difference between Region 1 and 2 is, or even if they are called that LOL.

Bloopers would be cool, I did send several emails to New Line Cinema asking them to be put on there, but they never did get back LOL.

Apparently the whole set will run for 550 minutes, I can't be bothered to waork if thats just the normal dvd's or the extended one!!!!!

V

X

Well accoding to Play.com, for the Region 2, 2 DVD set...

Disc One:

Feature film

Disc Two:

'A Director's Vision: The Quest Fulfilled' special

'The Return Of The King: A Filmmaker's Journey' special

'The Return Of The King': a National Geographic special

'Aragorn's Destiny' featurette

'Battle Of Gondor: Minas Tirath' featurette

'The Battle Of Pelennor Fields' featurette

'Samwise The Brave' featurette

'The Lady Of Rohan: Eowyn' featurette

'Digital Horse Doubles' featurette

TV spots

Theatrical trailers

'Lord Of The Rings Trilogy' trailer

EA video games trailer

13 days????? cant wait!!!!!!!!!!! got my reciept sorted out at last!!!! yaaayyyyyy!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I thought you couldn't get on the computer ahh????? mmm, I've got to pre-order lord of the rings today when I go in town with Clare.

13 days????? cant wait!!!!!!!!!!! got my reciept sorted out at last!!!! yaaayyyyyy!!!!!! :lol:  ;)  ;)  ;)

I thought you couldn't get on the computer ahh????? mmm, I've got to pre-order lord of the rings today when I go in town with Clare.

Aww remember if you pre-order from Woolworths you get two exclusive posters and WHSmiths you get a mug or something...lemme know if you see anywhere else that has offers! :lol: