Vendor Question

MildGrooveOn

Big Chief Studios said they're coming, and they're bringing Some dolly accessories!

The 221B door and such :D

"BIG Chief Studios will be attending Sherlocked The Event next Friday 24th to Sunday 26th of April. We will be showing the completed 1:6 Scale Diorama 221b Door display at the event along with some upcoming news about future products with our Sherlock range. We look forward to seeing everyone who can make this fantastic event."

https://www.facebook.com/BigChiefStudiosLimited

Thats good to know. I got my very first figure from them (which was actually a Signature Edition Sherlock figure) as a christmas prezzie last christmas and they are quite good quality, not a fan of the stands they came with but that could just be me

Might try and find there stand at the event and have a smooch at what they are offering

• Like 1

Big Chief is going to be hard to resist. While I bought the matched number set signature John and Sherlock, I really want a second regular John that I wouldn't worry so much about having out of the box. Of course buying one means coming home to my husband's, "You bought ANOTHER one?"

I kept flip flopping on the figures. I worked for a Toy podcast for a while, looking at Hot Toys, so that spoiled these for me.

(similar product--they have the Marvel license)

The sculpt prototypes - John looked great, Sherlock was wierd.

Painted Prototypes - John looked weird, Sherlock looked great
Final pics - John looks good, Sherlock looks off to me now.

In the end, the price was too high for me, and they're just not Hot Toys quality to my eyes.

The day after I passed on buying John at my comic store for a vastly inflated price, This convention was announced.

IT WAS MEANT TO BE

I wanted the Sherlock and John figures but at the end of the day I just couldn't justfy that price tag. I stll cant, must resist temtation but I have a feeling I'm going to go a bit mental in dealers room and just try to buy eveything.

I'M REALLY scared this will happen to me.

Jhw- I got a $7.99 Bilbo instead. ;D

Yeah... but you're not understanding the depth and complexity of my need for the Martin action figures. I've bought all 3 size Bilbo action figures (plus the invisible one) all 3 lego Bilbos, all 3 Pop figures, one of the lead miniatures made for wargaming, some little mini-chibi and both Heroclix Bilbos. I've also got the Arthur Dent and a Pirate With a Scarf.

"Instead" is not an option. :blush:

• Like 1

Jhw- I got a $7.99 Bilbo instead. ;D

Yeah... but you're not understanding the depth and complexity of my need for the Martin action figures. I've bought all 3 size Bilbo action figures (plus the invisible one) all 3 lego Bilbos, all 3 Pop figures, one of the lead miniatures made for wargaming, some little mini-chibi and both Heroclix Bilbos. I've also got the Arthur Dent and a Pirate With a Scarf.

"Instead" is not an option. :blush:

Oh heaven's I really do need to go to sleep. I can't stop giggling over this jhw. I've got visions of your 'invisible' Bilbo just being an empty plinth.........

:smile: I know and thanks for that, I was just having a silly moment. I guessed the invisible statue would probably be a transparent figure of some sort but the image of just an empty base with the retailer pretending an invisible statue really was on it just popped into my head.

It's lovely seeing people so passionate about things, like you with all the figures you have. Whilst memorabilia like that doesn't do it for me I do get like that with the things I like - I couldn't stop grinning yesterday and even blanked out for a few minutes at work when my cast signed Imitation Game poster that I won at auction turned up in the post.

:smile: I know and thanks for that, I was just having a silly moment. I guessed the invisible statue would probably be a transparent figure of some sort but the image of just an empty base with the retailer pretending an invisible statue really was on it just popped into my head.

It's lovely seeing people so passionate about things, like you with all the figures you have. Whilst memorabilia like that doesn't do it for me I do get like that with the things I like - I couldn't stop grinning yesterday and even blanked out for a few minutes at work when my cast signed Imitation Game poster that I won at auction turned up in the post.

You are not the only one, my very first thought when i read invisable was to picture an empty box too. My second thought was wow some dealer has sunk to an all low level in the name of profit.

• Like 2