Newbie Questions

Hi folks,

Happy New Year! I have never been to a collector mania event before and I had some questions that I hope you could be able to answer.

1) In regards to a gold pass, are these mailed to you or do you need to collect them at the actual event, depending on the day/days you wish to attend?

2) What would be the best time to turn up for the event if I was already in possession of a gold pass? Is there a dedicated entrance for gold pass members?

The main reason I am attending this event is because I want to meet Robert Englund, most of all, but I want to make sure I am absolutely aware of the things I need to do before and when I attend the event, so I am prepared. So looking forward to this.

Many Thanks,

Robin

Hi folks,

Happy New Year! I have never been to a collector mania event before and I had some questions that I hope you could be able to answer.

1) In regards to a gold pass, are these mailed to you or do you need to collect them at the actual event, depending on the day/days you wish to attend?

You're posted out a slip which you exchange when you arrive for (presumably if it's the same as last year) a band that you wear for the entire duration.

2) What would be the best time to turn up for the event if I was already in possession of a gold pass? Is there a dedicated entrance for gold pass members?

Gold Pass holders get to go in first when the show opens each day. It's a new venue so whether there'll be a dedicated entry or whether X amount of people need to go to certain doors hasn't yet been confirmed.

The main reason I am attending this event is because I want to meet Robert Englund, most of all, but I want to make sure I am absolutely aware of the things I need to do before and when I attend the event, so I am prepared. So looking forward to this.

Reading your other post have you already bought a diamond pass for Robert Englund because if you have then you'll be guaranteed for all of those things in the diamond pass package although do bear in mind that the REDP doesn't include entry so you could get away with buying a normal day/weekend entry ticket and still get everything that's in the diamond pass. That is of course assuming you're only interested in Robert Englund and not any of the 1001 other guests that will be there including those yet to be named. 1001 may be a slight exaggeration :smile:

Edited by Knitty Fred

I noted that the diamond pass didn't include entry and I've already sorted this. I've had a look at the guest list and there are some guests there I wouldn't mind seeing, either. However, the main attraction was the photo shoot with Robert Englund, on the Sunday. To be honest, buying a normal day entry ticket, for example, could run the risk of not being able to fulfil the benefits of the diamond pass and although it might sound slightly extreme, getting a gold pass would at least alleviate those fears. Got six months to sort it, so won't be an issue. Thanks for your help.

I noted that the diamond pass didn't include entry and I've already sorted this. I've had a look at the guest list and there are some guests there I wouldn't mind seeing, either. However, the main attraction was the photo shoot with Robert Englund, on the Sunday. To be honest, buying a normal day entry ticket, for example, could run the risk of not being able to fulfil the benefits of the diamond pass and although it might sound slightly extreme, getting a gold pass would at least alleviate those fears. Got six months to sort it, so won't be an issue. Thanks for your help.

The diamond pass is an exclusive of things which is exclusive to each individual guest and you are guaranteed the things that are contained within it without the need of buying a gold pass. Obviously if you choose to say queue for Christopher Lloyd's autograph and this takes longer to obtain than the photoshoot with Robert Englund then irrespective of holding a gold pass, in addition to the REDP, this would not mean you'd be able to get the photoshoot just because you're holding both.

I don't think it's been announced how it's going to be done but it may be that things like the photoshoot/autograph sessions may be a case of 9am-9.30am is autographing for diamond pass holders only, 10am-10.30am is photoshoot for diamond pass holders only.

Sorry but my personal view is I think it somewhat foolhardy spending out £225 on a three day gold pass just to ensure that you obtain everything that you're already promised under the diamond pass package. Think of it like buying six loaves of bread so you have two slices to make yourself a sandwich. The other thing is there was an equivalent of a diamond pass for Stan Lee last year which negated any of the benefits holding a gold pass brought so the holding of a gold pass in that respect was worthless.

Nothing to be sorry for, I completely understand. This is the first event I've ever been to, so I am a little bit rusty. However, I didn't want to take the chance of missing out on Robert Englund's photo shoot and it was stated that a standard ticket might not suffice, so I decided to take the chance on a gold pass. I've decided that I am going to attend on more than one day now, anyways, so its not an issue at all. Just find a suitable hotel and attend saturday/sunday, otherwise it isn't worth it as you rightly say and more chances for photo opportunities, etc.

Hope it's not just a confirmation slip through the post as anyone could steal that (Royal Mail) or otherwise. Would make more sense keeping it the same as last year exept the postage your taking from people.

It's sent by special delivery and SM said last year that if you had not received your tickets then you just needed to bring your confirmation e-mail and ID with you and they would sort on the day. The one that's received in the post is akin to the photoshoot tickets except it has your name written on it.

it was stated that a standard ticket might not suffice,

Can you confirm where you've seen that as I've not spotted it at all? I would imagine though what is meant is that if you're doing X, Y, Z and the REDP that it might not suffice but again it would depend upon how you prioritise things and if there's a clash between say a RE photoshoot and Charles Dance photoshoot as with any of the clashes you should go to the one that starts earlier, explain to the crew there you have a clash and they'll normally whizz you through so you can get to the next one. You can guarantee though that RE will not be doing a photoshoot and autograph session at the same time :-D

Standard Entry ticket maybe? If you have entry at 11 AM only photoshoots can definitely start before that.

Someone's forgotten Early Bird tickets have been discontinued and there is only two types of entry ticket for London now, Gold and Standard All Day. I blame the Christmas sherry trifle :whistling:

Actually I just realised you may be referring to a post that someone else has made rather than saying this is the case - whoops. :whistling:

Edited by Knitty Fred

Gold pass holders will get priority entry to the event - I can't attend Friday so I am going to attend on Saturday and Sunday with a gold pass - I hope this is going to be okay for me.

I'm sure you will be fine, especially as you only want to meet one guest. Although at least with the Gold Pass should you decide nearer the time you want to meet any of the others you can go straight to the back of their auto lines without the need for a virtual ticket.

Thanks Wrong Name! I'm going to do what I said in the other thread and just turn up at around 8.30. I've heard that the Kensington Olympia Station is virtually opposite the venue, so that should be good. Gonna make sure I give myself PLENTY of time, even if I have to turn up a little earlier because this is my first convention on my own, so we shall see. I might ask my mate if he wants to go, but its unlikely, as its not really his thing. If anyone's travelling from near Basingstoke, drop us a line, lol.

• Like 1