Keeping Autograph Collection Safe?

Sorry again if u already said but how much did u pay for the sleeves and how much did u pay for the folder.

And could you tell me what the folder is like, approx how many photographs do you think it would hold and just generally what do u think of the quality of it

Edited by Locutus

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you check page 3 of this thread you will find the link to the website where I bought the sleeves and binder from, they charge £6.99 for the Binder and £17.99 for a pack of 100 Ultra Pro Sleeves.

As for how many autographs the folder can fit, I have got over 70 in mine and it still has plenty of room left so I would imagine it will fit at least 100. As for the quality of the folder, its excellent and if perfect for just flicking through your autographs.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

Thanks for all your help Colonel Jack O'Neill, I have actually read all this board, but by time I got to the end I couldnt remember who said what, lol :lol:

Just out of interest what autographs did u get from the convention,

I got Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar, ST TNG), Ethan Phillips (Neelix, ST VOY) and Robert Picardo (The Doctor, ST Voy). As you can see I was really just after the star trek people, Shame Gates went home early on Monday (when I went)

I got autographs from the following on Friday...

Joe Pantoliano

Penny Johnson

Jake Lloyd

Brad Dourif

Gates McFadden x2 (signed my Jeffery Newbury Cast print and an 8x10)

Denise Crosby

Ethan Philips

Robert Picardo

John Billingsley

Daniel Logan

Amy Allen

Ray Park

Peter Mayhew

I would have got more autographs but I really need to save up my money for next weekend when I am going to be meeting...

Connor Trinneer

Dominic Keating

Anthony Daniels

Marina Sirtis

Colette Hiller

Terry Carter

Alexis Cruz

Nathaniel Lees

Robert Beltran

The month of May is going to be a very expensive month :lol:

Gah there was a great thread all about this on the LFACC section but I think it got cleaned up...

Personally, I have taken mine to the local library, got a lovely colour photocopy and framed that on the wall and the originals are stored in a dark little box with some tissue paper.

You know what? I never thought of that. Really good idea! :D

Yeah, I was a bit worried about that - when I first got them, some had a sort of sheen between the two layers, kind of rainbow coloured, a bit like when oil gets spilled on the road - is that acid?? :blink::lol:

Yeah, I was a bit worried about that - when I first got them, some had a sort of sheen between the two layers, kind of rainbow coloured, a bit like when oil gets spilled on the road - is that acid??

Not sure. Would like to hear from somebody who has been using toploaders for a while, anyone on the forum have any advice?

yes! finally found a binder for 6 quid at the event itself along with a pack of 100 ultra pro sleeves for 20.

jack/ colonel whatever,

how and where do you put your binder with the autographs?

in a dark closet or just in a room/ shoebox etc.... and does it lie horizontal or does it stand up. (cause if you do , alot of dust comes in the sleeves)

thanx.

it's just when you have one that's slightly bigger, then it's a problem. I use them instead of proper frames! :lol:

Heheh and don't I know it!! :wub:

So are these not acid free? :lol:

:o Oh yeah! That guy was really helpfull though wasn't he. Or did he just want to sell off his autograph wallets?! :lol:

Hmm. Anyone know if topladers are acid-free?? :lol:

DONT GET TOPLOADERS!

I have just remembered i got some from an autograph dealer at another event ages ago and when i met Elijah and that i put the autographs in one, and when i took the autograph out of the plastic thing when i go home, it like rubbed some of the ink off one of my other lord of the rings photos (Only a tiny bit) and some of the photos picture off another photo, so i got rid of the top loaders. The photos are fine now, only a tiny layer of ink rubbed off but they are ok, you would not know at all, but you could see it has stuck to the plastic.

But they were cheap ones, and they had some wired like coloured rainbow colour sticky liquid inside but it was just the reaction when the plastic rubbed.

SH!T!!!!!!!!!

By cheap, how much?? Were they £1 each? I had that weird rainbow stuff in some of mine too.

Bugger, I wish someone had told me this BEFORE I bought the stack of 25!!

*groan*

yes! finally found a binder for 6 quid at the event itself along with a pack of 100 ultra pro sleeves for 20.

jack/ colonel whatever,

how and where do you put your binder with the autographs?

in a dark closet or just in a room/ shoebox etc.... and does it lie horizontal or does it stand up. (cause if you do , alot of dust comes in the sleeves)

thanx.

I have my folder lieing down flat on top of my wardrobe. Before I had the Ultra Pro sleeves and Binder I used to keep my autographs in normal plastic wallets in a Star Trek Fact File I had cleaned out, never had a problem with dust getting into the sleeves before and seeing as the Ultra Pro sleeves are alot more secure, im hoping my autographs will stay in A1 condition.

DONT GET TOPLOADERS!

I have just remembered i got some from an autograph dealer at another event ages ago and when i met Elijah and that i put the autographs in one, and when i took the autograph out of the plastic thing when i go home, it like rubbed some of the ink off one of my other lord of the rings photos (Only a tiny bit) and some of the photos picture off another photo, so i got rid of the top loaders. The photos are fine now, only a tiny layer of ink rubbed off but they are ok, you would not know at all, but you could see it has stuck to the plastic.

That was not the fault of the toploaders, you should never put any autograph straight into a folder, it has to dry properly first. And some photos signed in gold or silver can take a very long time to dry and even if you put them straight into the best storage holder there is they would still stick!