wrong signings

Lena spelt my name wrong, so did Wendy Glenn but as she had no queue i could point it out, i said it didn't matter but she grabbed another photo & did another one. :) That's it really, all the others i got were great.

I don't like naming whilst shaming the guests in open forum. A particular guest on a signing for my wife put "I will protected you and..." instead of "I will protect you and.." in the personalisation. She's thrilled by it still, so its not a problem.

I told Lita I only had one 't' and she put two, straight away saying ' oh crap and you just told me too!' She wrote me another and gave me both to give to someone called 'Matt' haha she was really good about it and we had a joke about it :)

I'm sorry but why embarrass guests by pointing out mistakes they've made? Don't get the point of this.

Why exactly is it embarrassing?

Most of the actors have movies / series where outtakes / goofs are part of the extra material on the dvd / blu-rays. I really do not think they mind us sharing their "doh" moments.

I didn't get anything signed, so no stories on my end. :)

If there is a cash desk for a signer when the crew member asks if you want your item personalised they will write your name on the back of the autograph slip ready to give to the guest to use. So many names can be spelt differently and it's the one thing that the guests are having to write extra everytime. Bless them, it's so many to get through :)

It's such a simple thing and works. However, I was surprised how many attendees still came down to the guest only seconds after being at the cashdesk and saying "no" when we were then writing it on a scrap piece of paper to ensure the spelling.

My suggestion would be if you are bringing your own item and want it personalised, make sure you have a post-it with you. It's great for taking from person to person. I've done this myself lots of times :)

That being said I have a great unique item where Zach Levi signed best wishes twice and we both nearly didn't realise he hadn't written his signature.

Edited by Samphirette

I'm sorry but why embarrass guests by pointing out mistakes they've made? Don't get the point of this.

Most of the actors have movies / series where outtakes / goofs are part of the extra material on the dvd / blu-rays. I really do not think they mind us sharing their "doh" moments.

I doubt you'd want mistakes you've made pointed out in public on the internet. The outtakes things will be done with the permission of the actor/studio whatever. Clearly it's just me but I don't think it's fair to make an issue out of mistakes they've made. But go ahead, carry on. Just my viewpoint.

• Like 1

I doubt you'd want mistakes you've made pointed out in public on the internet. The outtakes things will be done with the permission of the actor/studio whatever. Clearly it's just me but I don't think it's fair to make an issue out of mistakes they've made. But go ahead, carry on. Just my viewpoint.

Well, I thought that was the whole point of the internet!

I know what you mean though. But I don't see this thread as wanting to mock the guests. If it felt like that, I would definitely agree with you.

Edit: I will stop derailing the thread now, sorry.

Edited by Skyggebjerg

or it's just the fun memories you can get sometimes. I had two bluray covers and i wanted them both signed qith his name and the name of his characters. And when he signed the first one he asked if i wanted rhe name of the character on the movie to, and i said yes. None of us realising that he signed the wrong name on the cover. And we had a good laugh about it and i see it like having something unike from him now. Even when we grabbed our photo he pointed at the covers whixh i brought and laughed. :D

so if you want to see it like something negative go ahead. I started the thread as something for fun memories instead of all complaints. But ofc someone have to spill over here to and complain. ;)

• Like 1

I'm going to close here because I definitely agree with this.

I understand it wasn't open in a malicious way, but it can clearly get over the wrong way if a guest comes on here and reads this.