Stan Lee

After building myself up with excitement for the past few months, I can say that yesterday was one of the most disappointing times ive had. The cue wasn't as bad as some had to get in and I must applaud the really helpful man with the long black hair and red T shirt.But when I got behind the barrier at around 1:30 I was greeted by rude staff who sent my Two sons 5 and 7 to the corner like animals, to be told no contact don't talk don't touch, rushed through like cattle for a very awkward 5 second photo. with Stan who was asleep on his chair. This man is 91 I understand but to over sell and overwork him like this is disgraceful and has left me feeling tainted. There wasn't even an acknowledgement that he had seen any of the people having their pictures. As I collected my picture on of his so called aides clapped his hands and said "cmon Stan" . I found the whole thing distasteful and has left my amazing memories dashed and that of my boys who were even told off as they walked towards me as I collected my picture.

Showmasters and Stans management hang your head in shame you have exploited a legend just to make more money. You should have capped the amounts of pictures and autographs at an earlier date and allowed him proper rest giving him the respect he deserves and the chance to meet his fans in the way he would have liked !!!!!

• Like 2

I think you should post this on Showmasters facebook page as there will be a better chance of Stan Lee/his team seeing this feedback and maybe his own twitter/facebook if there is one.

How they spoke to your children is disgusting. I hope you receive a formal apology from Showmasters for that.

• Like 1

Completely agree with the Members above re: Stan Lee's welfare and individual needs (i.e., advanced age). This is something which SM should have considered in establishing Autograph, Photograph, and Talk sessions before the event itself. Placing a realistic cap on the number of Photograph and Talk sessions, and placing a further cap on the number of Autographs that can be realistically signed per day (e.g., limiting VQ tickets to no more than 400 per day, outside of those carrying Gold/Comic/Silver passes) was needed. This should have been advertised clearly before the event as a caveat to Stan Lee's appearance. At least we'd all be grounded in a realistic expectation and Stan Lee would have been able to take it more easily.

I feel a tremendous amount of guilt for the way in which Stan Lee was treated and extend my sincere apologies to the man himself.

• Like 2

I hope he's ok....he has another "trip" planned very soon somewhere.....another place where he'll be in high demand from an inordinate amount of people, many more probably than this weekend...

I remember another grand old gentleman not looking so well a few years back...Jake La Motta at that freezing hell hole Milton Keynes?...:(

Stan might be 91 but he can still stand up for himself. If he says no, it's no. I can only applaud the Man for still having fun in doing this for his fans at his age. Thanks Stan, all the other guests we got to meet and SM to make it possible. Do however improve your crew and the sound system in earls court 1...

• Like 2

Touch the sky read my whole quote, at his age in that heat it doesn't surprise me. But not only me but several others I talked to said the same. His aid rudely clapped behind him and woke him from his slumber trance to have more photos taken of him. Its really unfortunate that exploiting him was all they cared about, they should have taken him away from the situation for a long break . Vhiper its all good saying he can look after himself and did it for the fans, but he and his health should be paramount not being paraded like a cheap trophy, with a don't touch don't talk to attitude of the event staff I really don't think this is how Stan would have liked to greet his fans.

I saw Stan on Friday and was amazed then that at his age he was taking on such a monumental Task this weekend! His devotion to his fans and professionalism is to be commended! He is a true legend. I work with older people and all of them would have been made ill by such a huge undertaking. I don't think he would be happy at letting people down and probably had no intention of saying no to any request.

Let's hope SM will give fans some reassurance that he is doing well!

• Like 4

I did I did. I was just trying to be devils advocate etc ><

I am actually glad I was never interested in meeting stan. Because thanks to that I've had a pretty decent weekend. I understand and sympathise peoples upset but personally I can't really comment on how it all went.

I'm sorry you had such a rough time, though. X

• Like 1

There wasn't even an acknowledgement that he had seen any of the people having their pictures. As I collected my picture on of his so called aides clapped his hands and said "cmon Stan".

:o That sounds shocking !! Poor Stan :(

Such a legend . . . . :(

I think the ticket numbers was way too high. I know he was a A class guest but some tickets was in the thousands for both Saturday and Sunday (I don't know about Friday) but this is the first time when I've seen a guest with so many tickets becoming available in that amount, maybe next time leave it at a cap and space out the photo shoots more for a popular guest. It might be a better experience.