LOTR REQUESTS

dragonmate1

I was just wondering.. Why on this forum do members keep asking for the same old LOTR actors over and over again..

I see no general push to ask for other main cast members..

I rarely see requests for Ian McKellan, Ian Holm, Liv Tyler, Sean Bean, etc, etc

Even requests for Orlando Bloom seem to have died down.. Instead we get Billy, Sean, Elijah, Andy, Lawrence, Sala etc, all the time..

Surely die hard LOTR fans would be interested in meeting as many different cast members as possible and especially main cast members. but it seems to me (and I stand to be shouted down here) that many forum members seem to be made up of young screaming girls (as seen at C4), only interested in looking at pretty boys!!!

I don't really seem the problem in requesting people like Elijah, Sean etc - if that's what people want, let them request it!!!!

Personally though, I have tried my best to campaign for BERNARD HILL!!!!

Now, not many people mention him - I think he's definitely deserving of more credit than he is given!!!!

He is a legend (just check the sig LOL) - please SM?

I'm not saying theer is a problem with it.. I'm just surprised that having seen the regulars so often, that more people don't now turn their attention to requesting the other cast members..

Then again, perhaps this is a reflection on the make-up of some LOTR fans..

Oh.. and well done for campaigning for someone different...

Edited by dragonmate1

Well alot of peolple want them guests because alot of people haven't met them yet.. because quite a few people are new to cons.. I'd like to see Elijah because he is like my idol not just a teen crush.. even though I am a teenager but it isn't.. I'd love to meet Sean, Dom, Billy, Andy & that beause I didn't get to meet them at C4 & lfacc.

Just like Silent Bob say.. we don't ask for them people you say Liv, Ian Holm Viggo etc. because

1) People moan & say that we are wanting such high profile people & then they call us selfish & it starts into arguements

2)Alot of them people don't do cons

nd 3) Because it's hard to get them.

I for one would like to meet them all.. I think they are all fantastic! :P So*yay* for the whole LOTR cast at C6 ;):D

FG x X x

Well alot of peolple want them guests because alot of people haven't met them yet.. because quite a few people are new to cons.. I'd like to see Elijah because he is like my idol not just a teen crush.. even though I am a teenager but it isn't.. I'd love to meet Sean, Dom, Billy, Andy & that beause I didn't get to meet them at C4 & lfacc.

Just like Silent Bob say.. we don't ask for them people you say Liv, Ian Holm Viggo etc. because

1) People moan & say that we are wanting such high profile people & then they call us selfish & it starts into arguements

I for one would like to meet them all.. I think they are all fantastic! :D So*yay* for the whole LOTR cast at C6 B):wub:

FG x X x

here here

) People moan & say that we are wanting such high profile people & then they call us selfish & it starts into arguements

Wanting high profile guests should not cause arguments..

Because its hard to get them..... Hmmm . why should that stop you from asking for them.. If you don't ask, you don't get..

After all.. before C4..Elijah Wood was classed in the hard to get and unrealistic category.. but Showmasters proved us all wrong..

As Showmasters have said on many occasions.. No-one is discounted and after getting the likes of Elijah, Brent Spiner, etc, etc, the boundaries of the impossible to get are shrinking smaller and smaller all the time..

So I say.. request who you want.. regardless of whether you think it is realistic or not.. After all.. you never know.. do you?

SEAN BEAN!!!!!!

Yeah...mmm, gotta have him.

Anyway got a wee bit too excited when I saw his name.

In my defense I don't make any requests-I rarely go on the C5 bit - theres so many arguments there.

I would love to meet all the LOTR Cast Members. Well maybe all is a bit too demanding. But anyone is great! I'm not fussy :headscratch:

Except i doubt I would go to a collectormania if Orlando was there. *Shudders* The mayhem, the utter mayhem....

hey there!

Just coz people are requesting the same people, doesnt mean they just love elijah and dont want others to be there. Just basically they didnt get to meet them or they wanna meet them again! I mean orlando and viggo etc have never been to a signing in their lives, not that ive heard of anyway. And yah asking isnt going to hurt, but i do genrally want elijah. And hey Orlando would be amazing! Any LOTR's guest is an oppuntunity of a life time.

And well for me, ive met most of the ones youve mentioned anyway, and out of everyone id say elijah was the most amazing and andy is close behind. Just the way they concentrated on each and every fan is beyond me.

And id like to experience that again, and tell him of the achievement hes made with ROTK. And also this time i will hopefully have my voice back to talk to him. Instead of writing notes to him. Which was funny but not lol!

xxxxxxx

Who cares...people request for who they want...why let it bother you? As much as I would like to see the other guests (waay more so than those blasted hobbits :D:P) SM will try their best to get whoever they can. In the end they know whoever they get, their will be plenty of people wanting to meet them anyway.

I do believe that if you read some of the various threads around here and C5, LFCC ect you will see that ppl do request different LOTR guests all the time.

I for one would love to meet Viggo, and not just because he was in LOTR's, he is an amazing talented man.

But at the end of the day its up to each individual to decide who they want to meet I guess :D

:lol: I would so love to meet Orli, but I'm not going to fight off a hoard of screaming young fans. How can you talk to someone with girlie screeches drowning their voice. It was proved last year at C4 with Lij and Dom. At one point, it seemed like the younger fans were going to smash the windows to get to them. Ah well, such is life, at least I've met Billy. :o

hey i'd love to see EVERYONE there ok?!?! dont even get me started!!... there's somebody who i dont think is mentioned one solitary bit.....( or maybe has been but i haven't really taken much notice, ) hugo weaving? i think he is a legend!! he was great in the matrix films!! and....Cate blanchet, of course!! i think everybody has forgotten about her!!? :D

:D Mmm. Agree with Hugo. I really want to meet Craig too, so I guess I should really keep quiet - just in case something happens to stop him getting to CM5. Oh - and I would just LOVE to meet Christopher Lee. Ah Well..... :D

hey i'd love to see EVERYONE there ok?!?! dont even get me started!!... there's somebody who i dont think is mentioned one solitary bit.....( or maybe has been but i haven't really taken much notice, ) hugo weaving? i think he is a legend!! he was great in the matrix films!! and....Cate blanchet, of course!! i think everybody has forgotten about her!!? 

Exactly my original point..

Of course people can ask for whoever they please..I just find it odd that there is no major push for some of the other mainstream cast members..

Personally, I don't think it is right for the same actor to turn up time and again just to furnish the dwindling number of people who have yet to see that person, particularly if that actor takes up one of the '30 places' that might otherwise have gone to someone yet to appear and would then appeal to a greater number of attendees..

I have met Billy, Sala, Lawrence, Andy on more than one occasion (because they keep appearing) and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.. but I now have my autographs and have no desire to get more from them.. I would prefer to see someone else instead..

I'm not putting LOTR down. I like it and am proud of my LOTR collection.. but this constant repeat appearance seems to be a recent phenomenon that only applies to LOTR..

Just turn the tables.. As someone who enjoys Trek, I'm sure some people would get a little fed up if say Ethan Philips or Robert Picardo appaered at every event and all the trekkies kept asking for them to return again and again.. The LOTR people may think.. they are taking a place that maybe Billy would have taken..

C5 is shaping into a Trek/LOTR/Star Wars show.. I'm sure those that like Buffy (TV), Angel, Stargate, Farscape, etc feel a little let down..

LOTR is good.. but lets see someone different!!

I for one will always love LOTR's and although some say "Oh it will die down" I will always love it. I really want to meet one of the Hobbits but due to unfortunate circumstances I havent made it to a con yet. That is partly why I keep requesting for the same people over and over again cos I want to meet em. I really want to meet Elijah and not just cos he's flippin gorgeous and Im happy for others when they get who they want.

Saying that I want to meet Elijah doesnt necessarly mean thats all I want to meet. I wish I had enough money to get up to Milton Keynes and meet any person i want I really do but I can't and if I did I'd be queueing up for all the LOTR's guests.