Sign in to follow this  
showmasters

Chevron Party Themes Announced

Hi everyone,

Here are our party themes for chevron 8.1 We hope you like them!

Just to let everyone know that we will be giving out prizes for the best fancy dress costumes in Saturdays night party.

Friday Night:

IOA Ambassadors Reception

Representatives from a host of stargate worlds mingle with Earth's embassadors inc Russian Generals and SGC Hierarchy

So dust off you suits, military BDU's and your dresses.

Disclosure_(Stargate_SG-1).jpg

Saturday Night:

Follow the Yellow Brick Road...............

The 200th episode of stargate was alot of fun and its showed us the SG1 team could dress up as anything. So use your imagination and dress up as an alternative SG team, whether it be from the wizard of oz or Farscape or anything else you can come up with. We look forward to seeing what you come up with.

sgwizard2.jpg

sg1_1006_0555.JPG

Sunday Night:

Giles & Murray's EPIC SCI FI PUB QUIZ (with music and after party)

Building on the success of the last two Sunday night quizzes Giles and Murray are back once again and have a host of amazing prizes to be won.

There will be plenty of time to dance between rounds and party the night away at the end.

1595404308.jpg

Looks like its time to get out and put on display our original "scarecrow" outfit, as worn by Ben Bowder in the 200th episode. It is not the smartest looking ensemble in our collectt (a bit "tatty" and with lots of straw!). However, at least it will give fans of the series a chance to see the real thing up close and personal... :smile:

• Like 2

Just a question - feel free to flame if necessary but are outfits / costumes a requirement to attend?

Just a question - feel free to flame if necessary but are outfits / costumes a requirement to attend?

you don't have to wear a costume. many people wear them because they want to. i dont wear a costume but i do wear a fun t-shirt. not everyone can afford a costume. feel free to wear whatever you like both during the day and at the parties at night.

So tempted to wear a full-size ball gown on the Friday night. Miles of taffeta and tulle, maybe a tiara....

• Like 5

so tempting.... I've got so many dresses I'm trying to choose between, some of the short ones definitely make me looks like I've just stepped out of 'Toddlers and Tiaras'!! Hm, I really might wear a ball gown... might not fit through the doorway, but perhaps worth it!!

• Like 2

I say wear it too....only formal dress i have is my prom one so don't think i'll be wearing that. Got my Teyla outfit for the saturday though can't wait to wear it....Why is one of the hardest things about cons the whole what to wear question?

• Like 1

Will be wearing grey jeans with a good shirt. That's about as formal as I get these days, unfortunately (last time I was in a tux was back in 2005). I'm grateful to the hotel for providing an iron. Although I am rather tempted at just handing one or two shirts and get them to do the ironing for 6 quid a piece.

Hello, I am looking for a music during the parties, the song that is stuck and played before Rednex " Cotton eyed Joe", does anybody know its name? :) Thanks :)

Edited by bouboun