Hotel recommendations

I stayed at the Fulham Travel lodge for LFCC but that's a little too far to walk each day for Olympia. Before I book something for October I was wondering what other people's recommendations were.

We usually stay at the royal national hotel at Russell Square, subway is a 2 minute walk and Euston station is a 10 minute walk.

Earls court is a straight 10-15 subway ride and the Olympia is about 15-20 minutes with changes.

Of local ones to Olympia, a smart one with a good reputation is K-West, in Shepherd's Bush - in close walking distance to Olympia, and at the upper end of your budget. They are used to rock bands staying, so probably won't faint if you cosplay and walk around in your outfit!

Also the Brook Green Hotel, on the Shepherd's Bush Road (near the Hammersmith end) - it's a pub but is allegedly very nice.

There's also a bunch of budget hotels on Shepherd's Bush Road (Saba, Royal, etc) but it's a really busy, noisy road, so if you book there, ask for a back room.

At the extreme budget end, there's St Christophers' Inn hostels both at Shepherd's Bush and Hammersmith within walking distance, or the Abercord House hostel in Bute Gardens, also in Hammersmith.

Edit to say: if you want to be really, really close, and don't mind a smallish room, the Hilton Olympia is right next to the venue, and has rooms within your budget.

Edited again to say that I walked past the new Ibis hotel at Shepherd's Bush Green today, and saw that it was finished. Rooms there will still be reasonably fresh in October as it's only just been built. Mid-range, a double/twin is about £110.

Edited by Jumpyghostface
  • Like 2

Hello wow that great price Travel lodge in London 3 nights for £124,that £40 per night. :smile: I would only need 2 nights which travel lodge is ity that you are staying in.

This is where I'll be staying cheapest I could find for that weekend. Close to the tube with only 1 change so travel won't be a problem. Only thing is it's by a main road so traffic noise will be a big problem but I sleep like a baby so not really a problem for me.

I was thinking of staying at the Fulham Travel lodge as with LFCC but they're more expensive as is the (not so) local Premier Inn

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 1

There's also a bunch of budget hotels on Shepherd's Bush Road (Saba, Royal, etc) but it's a really busy, noisy road, so if you book there, ask for a back room.

Oops! I didn't realise that the Royal was on a busy road. Oh well, if anybody else is staying there, I'll be the one trying to look inconspicuous while painted blue. :lol:

Don't suppose anyone has stayed in the St Joseph Hotel or The Oxford Hotel have they? Both at Earls Court, just wondering if any good? Looking for somewhere really cheap as not a lot of money, don't want anything fancy, just a bed really haha!

Just read the reviews on both, awful apparently lol! Damn :/

Edited by Jid1993

• 2 weeks later...

Any hotels suggestions for me would be really appreciated!! Its my first time coming to the LFCC so wanted something not too expensive for the weekend of the show either closer to the venue, or not far away by tube.

how far is kings x to the olympia on tube?? not really sure how to get there from kings cross.

thanks guys