Saturday

Just thought I would give credit where it's due and say a big thanks to the team for putting on yesterday. I have been to a few LFCC and this was the best by far ( albeit very busy ). The crew must have the patience of saints in that heat. A mention has to go to the crew members for Eve Miles and Charles Martinet; and quite how they got the pre-ordered tickets queue moving so quick at 11 I don't know!

Good stalls, good guests - met who I wanted to with little waiting - and the number of people in costumes made it a great day out.

As ever the food was overpriced, however it was worth it to see Thor choosing a sandwich in front of us.

Roll on next year.

I also had a really bad headache, that with being overly hot probably made everything else just less enjoyable. I had much more personal issues that i don't want to get into here, though i will send a message to ShowMasters directly.

This is suppose to be in the topic 'Sunday' , but dont want to start a new topic just for this.

Today at the queue.. I am one of the early ones, so i was there already before the gates opened. I wasnt the only one and there were some people behind me. To be more accurate, two guys were behind me. When the gates opened, everyone should know where to stand because people with brains would understand that the person who was first in queue at the gates, would be first at EC2. Because that first person (who isnt me) really got up very early and stood there for very long.

So, what gives those two guys the right to run like idiots to be first in the queue at EC2? Really, what? And to make it worse.. The first 10 people in the queue, were there all very early because they wont be one of the first otherwise. So, those two guys who were first now had some (4!) friends who litterally joined them at 8.30 and queued with them..

Now, it doesnt actally matter to me much because todays wasnt a busy day for me, and i would get in, no matter what. For me, its all about the principle. People who stood there very early, just to be first were in the venue after the people who joined the queue at 8.30

I also clearly showed them i wasnt happy with this, and some of the people before me also talked to the guys in question. But no, they decided it doesnt matter and just stayed where they were..

Edited by xxc

This is suppose to be in the topic 'Sunday' , but dont want to start a new topic just for this.

Today at the queue.. I am one of the early ones, so i was there already before the gates opened. I wasnt the only one and there were some people behind me. To be more accurate, two guys were behind me. When the gates opened, everyone should know where to stand because people with brains would understand that the person who was first in queue at the gates, would be first at EC2. Because that first person (who isnt me) really got up very early and stood there for very long.

So, what gives those two guys the right to run like idiots to be first in the queue at EC2? Really, what? And to make it worse.. The first 10 people in the queue, were there all very early because they wont be one of the first otherwise. So, those two guys who were first now had some (4!) friends who litterally joined them at 8.30 and queued with them..

Now, it doesnt actally matter to me much because todays wasnt a busy day for me, and i would get in, no matter what. For me, its all about the principle. People who stood there very early, just to be first were in the venue after the people who joined the queue at 8.30

I also clearly showed them i wasnt happy with this, and some of the people before me also talked to the guys in question. But no, they decided it doesnt matter and just stayed where they were..

I do hope, btw, you two guys are reading this ;)

I had a couple of ass holes who had dealers braclets. They by passed everyone in the David Warner queue and as I was next they told me they could go in front of me as "Dealers are allowed to by pass all queues. When I challenged them on this the lady with David stepped in and told them that being a dealer meant that they could join any queue without a ticket NOT to by pass any queue. They then debated for a couple of minutes, all this while David was waiting for me (I hadn't been able to pay due to these twats). The end result was they were sent away with their tails between their legs (thank you nice lady who was with Mr Warner, good job!). I did miss the Meg Foster photoshoot (which I paid for) and after a bit of a discussion with one of the show team, they agreed to refund my money when technically they could have said tough luck buddy, so thank you Allison for helping out on that. I did get a couple of photos of Meg Foster while she signed my Masters of the Universe book, so not the best but not a complete and total disaster. Over all I had a great time yet again this year and ready to take on cardiff at the end of August for the first time. Bring it on!

I agree xxc, especially as everyone will get to met him and get their stuff / photo signed. Things like that just spoil, to a degree, a con experience. That said I did get to have a lovely chat with Mr Warner about how I became an "accidental fan", so that was great. He is so cool!

• Like 1

Incredible day yesterday. Arrived shortly before 9 and was a long walk to the back of the queue. Almost worried about but amazing job getting us in by 9:30. Meant we were fine for the Star Wars talk. I have no conplaints, well organised and wonderful atmosphere. I love getting photo shoots instantly. You get better each year SM. Roll on the next one!

And to make it worse.. The first 10 people in the queue, were there all very early because they wont be one of the first otherwise. So, those two guys who were first now had some (4!) friends who litterally joined them at 8.30 and queued with them.

I saw queue jumping happening in the entry queues both Saturday and Sunday, but it was no surprise as I always see it at these shows. People arrive and hook up with friends already in the queue - they stand there chatting for a bit and just stay there. I counted 17 people across the two days do this, and they're just the ones I happened to see in my stretch of queue.

OK. I had a good day but I need to start with the negative

- photoshoot for Lena at 10:20

I bought an early ticket so I don't ahve to stay all day etc due to health problems it is very tyring for me.

I went around 10:15 to area C and people told me that they were calling to 100. Fair enough. Came back a bit later and finally saw a crew member. I showed him my ticket and asked where I should queue. He told me to come back in the afternoon. I told him I was here early etc so he told me to come back at 10h45. We were a few people and we've been asked to queue seperatly as crew would see if we could queue.

We were sent away. I don't see the point of having an early ticket to end up having a photoshoot at 5:10pm. People who had a number over 300 managed to go through in the morning as they didn't respect the queue system and things were not checked properly.

- Mortal instruments panel: I was very surprised that nobody checked if we had ticekts when we entered. We were told that Cassandra would sign all the books we would have. it didn't happen but one girl (a few after me) managed to get TWO books signed. Again, where is the fairnesss Shwomasters?

The rest was good. We ahd to wait Saturday morning for David H but the crew was nice.

Lovely guests. I got nice autographs.

I had a good day but disappointed with the photoshoot situation.