Organisers Booth Open on Friday?

conqueen

I was hoping it'd be on the Friday again this year as that's always a nice and relaxing day as it's hardly busy at all. It's good to go around and see where everything is and have mostly open queues. I think I got all the guests I wanted that day in about 2 hours of arriving, lol! Hopefully you'll have another Friday con at MK soon. Although the Mondays are usually similar.

Cool that makes it easier, take it the main entrance for the show will be signposted, sorry I keep thinking up these newbie questions lol

If it's the same as before I think it's Gate 5 that is technically the main entrance and the one where the main desk is at. However, other gates are open to go through and as it's free event it doen't really matter which one you go through unless it's first thing as there are seperate queues depending whether you want one of the main two big guest VTs.

If you check on another post here Too Tall has suggested there will be 3 main queues upon first entry 2 will be individual queues for the 2 'big' guests most likely Jenna-Louise and Gillian Anderson on saturday and Billie and Gillian on Sunday. The 3rd door queue will be general entry with a Gold Pass queue.

Too Talls original posts

"There will be 3 main doors used.

Door 1: Big guest 1

Door 2: Everyone else (with a single door for Gold pass holders)

Door 3: Big guest 2.

At 9am we will walk the queues at gates 1 and 3 to the location of the big guest specific to that queue. VTs for that guest will start to be given out to the people in that queue. Once they have a VT they are free to go and get others.

At the same time the people at door 2 will be let in and can go and get VTs from any other guests.

Just to clarify those "doors" equate to the following gate numbers.

Door 1 = Gate 4

Door 2 = Gate 5

Door 3 = Gate 6 "

Edited by jonathan

This worked well last year but no-one needs to panic. I went through the normal door, got my VTs and still managed to get reasonable numbers for the "big" guests. Most years I've not even turned up until around 10am and still not had a problem meeting the guests I wanted to. Depends how many you want to see but if you can hang around all day it's rarely an issue. Plus many go to open queue later in the day anyway though obviously this can't be guaranteed.

Last year was the first time I queued before the doors opened (just after 8am I think it was) and there was absolutely no problem seeing anyone I needed to. Though I've got it easier this year as I'm not interested in any of the "big" guests and only have a few others I need to meet.

• Showmasters Admin

Sorry I was wrong.

Door 1 = Gate 3

Door 2 = Gate 4

Door 3 = Gate 5

The main entry door has usually been gate 4. The door in the middle of the long side (that's NOT the hotel).