Any tips....

claire316

Most important thing to remember is to wear comfortable shoes! you will be standing up for a really long time in various queues for photo's and autographs. After that it's up to you, the people at these events are really friendly, so feel free to start up conversation, we are a chatty bunch and always happy to welcome along new attendees.

Another tip is to get to the room for the talks in plenty of time for your number to be called, if you have a low number ticket you will get ti sit closer to the front, but they fill up in rows so if you are late there is no guarantee you will get to sit where you want. This is especially important at the first talk session, as this will usually be your seat for the weekend, and you are not allowed to reserve seats for others.

Even if you don't plan to buy anything the auction is usually really good, especially to see the sort of money people are willing to pay for one-off and unique memorabilia. There are also some really good bargain's to be had, and some of the stuff is totally unique and not available anywhere else.

If you like to party the discos are great fun, but usually the majority of the chatting happens outside in the bar area, plus this is where you are more likely to find the Guest's if they come out for the evening.

These events are really well organised, and all the crew are extremely helpful, so just relax and enjoy..

• Like 1

i agree with britfan54. but i will add make sure you have pleanty of money meales and drinks arent cheep. you have to pay a service charge on top of what you buy. you can ask for tapwater for free but for food if you do eat at the hotel the downstairs bar is the cheepest place to eat in teh hotel but still expensive. you can bring snacks but keep them in a bag in your room./ Lastly the day can be exausting so make sure if you have breakfast included in your room price then make sure you have it to set you up for the day even if your not that hungry. im not usuely a breakfast eater but i always find at these cons that i need a good breakfast to keep me going for the day. and as above make sure you wear comfortable shoes!

• Like 1

I totally agree.

1) Comfy shoes

2) Snacks & drinks

3) If a photo shoot & autograph clash - go to the photo shoot & tell one of the crew - they will always make sure you get all photos & autos

4) If you are not sure about anything - ask! We have all been there. The crew are great & very helpful

5) Have fun !! You will meet great people, have loads of fun, make new friends & make some wonderful memories

Don't eat at the hotel, they is a really nice pub just down the road that does good food at a good price. Ash for Smithy at the check in desk and he'll tell you how to get there. It's only about a 10 minute walk.

Good tip - and the meals at the pub are huge and for a very reasonable price. Just check you timing so you don't miss any of the talks.

We buy buns for Saturday & Sunday lunch and visit the pub of an evening after the welcome ceremony on friday and the last item on saturday afternoon. It fills up fast as everybody uses it, loals,con goers and crew. The Ham Egg & Chips is lovely.