Missing tickets

HughesA

I have contacted showmasters to enquire about tickets that have been lost in the post.

They simply respond, bring confirmation on the day and queue to rectify this.

We order online to avoid queues on the day and pay extra for recorded delivery.

One of my orders was posted through my door, so no need for recorded delivery, one has never arrived.

I have asked for either tracking number or refund for 'recorded delivery'. No response.

Also, still no refund for cancellation of Aiden Turner.

Surely this needs rectifying for future avents. Currently ticketless and £25.00 out of pocket.

Might seem silly but not everyone can afford to lose money like this. It was a struggle to budget what I needed without this. But still, least I get to waste time queuing. Yay.

Tracking number please. Maybe add this to online confirmation next time.

You'll be lucky to have your postage refunded, it just doesn't happen.

As for the postman just putting it through your door without getting your signature this is sadly beyond Showmasters control. It happens to me all the time but I prefer it because Im always out when signed for letters and parcels arrive so it saves me having to visit the sorting office.

Postage with tracking numbers cost more so I cant see Showmasters going down that road either in fear of customers complaining about the higher amount theyd have to pay for the postage.

I see that there have been loads of ticket problems and issues for this event and while many may be beyond Showmasters control its always going to be a hassle and inconvenience for those affected like yourself.

I get that and agree its not all down to SM, but recorded delivery post comes with a tracking number already, so what's the harm providing it to the customer.

I don't wanna argue cos I'm looking forward to the event, just feel tickets / refunds should be dealt with better.

still missing my entry and robert englund tickets thing i find most funny as they were the first tickets i ordered have since got 3 more photshoot tickets which have all arrived so looks like it will be email conformation just didnt want to hold the que up trying to get in

Edited by PeeWee

I get that and agree its not all down to SM, but recorded delivery post comes with a tracking number already, so what's the harm providing it to the customer.

I don't wanna argue cos I'm looking forward to the event, just feel tickets / refunds should be dealt with better.

I think the tracking number/recorded delivery thing is a bit of a grey area. Ive wanted to send stuff off before with a tracking number but not wanted to pay £6.55 which I was told was the cheapest option (fair enough that was parcels so letters are presumably cheaper). I thought that receorded signed for could be tracked but according to the PO that I go to it actually cant.

Considering that Ive had many items that were sent to me recorded/signed for not arrive and when I enquired about locating it the sorting office said they cant be tracked so im guessing the guy in the PO was right but who knows?

'Signed For' isn't tracked en route - the letters are treated just like normal mail, but with a signature at the end. So you can look up whether something has been delivered, but you can't see whereabouts in the system it is. If something gets lost, there's no way to find it.

Ideally, Showmasters would refund customers' postage on missing orders and claim this money from the Post Office. With 'Signed For' delivery, the non-receipt is easy to prove. It's what the service is all about. :smile:

Recorded Delivery is NOT tracked, it is signed for on delivery, so that there's proof of delivery. The only trackable method of sending is Special Delivery which tracks the package at each stage. The number on the Recorded Delivery sticker can be put into the Royal Mail website but it will only say if it's been delivered or not, that is all. Also, the person being sent the item by Recorded Delivery can't claim for a missing item, only the person who sent it can do that and businesses sending items that way can only put a claim in after 15 days.Also, the maximum amount claimable for lost items from Royal Mail is £46 for items sent by Recorded Delivery.

If you send anything by post valued at more than £46 then it's worth paying the extra for Special Delivery which will cover you up to £500 value. However, the cost of Special Delivery is dependent on the weight of the letter/package but it starts at £5.90 for a basic letter up to 100g which is why many businesses like SM dont use it, as that's a huge cost to pass on to the customer.

Yes £5.90 I paid when I sent off said high valued cheques. Its a very good service for when you have to and need to use it but not really cost effective for regular use.

Its bad enough having to pay £2.50 for postage van you imagine the uproar if everyone had to pay £5.90 per oder?!!

I dont expect it to be introduced