Suprise guest announcement: PETER MAYHEW

It's really annoying when people argue over whether or not a guest is any good, or if they're main circuit or whatever. All that matters is how you see the guest and if you want their autograph.There's no use saying he/she isn't worth a certain amount of money, because to others he/she would be. There are loads of people who will be very excited about meeting Peter, whether they've paid a tenner or fifteen :P pounds.

How can anybody say Peter is a minor guest he is gonna be in epsiode 3. How many people can say they appeared in 4 out of the 6 Star Wars movie. I have also seen him previously and I have to say he was very polite and a great bloke to talk to.

oh, and i forgot to add:

i *know* youre not being arsey at all, just expressing a wish to meet mark hamill etc. but...is this the place? too often recently ive seen threads like this, the showmasters announce a guest, who, im sorry, *is* a big name, regardless of whether youve met him before, and the replies are all "well thats ok, but Id prefer..."

how would YOU feel if people kept on finding little faults with what youre trying to do? id be dead upset that people were complaning about who isnt there, rather than who is.

and dont forget, these 3 have only been announced because someone came on here and spoilt the surprise, theres a lot of people to be announced tomorrow.

;) i agree with u mistaken plane!! To me any guest is a guest that someone hasn't met yet. Showmasters rock on!!!

I agree, there's nothing wrong with saying who you would like to meet, but perhaps in the announcment threads are not the place to do it. The difficulty I think is for Showmasters to get the balance, I understand that many of you have been attending conventions for many years and have met most of the actors, so have very specific people you want to meet. Obviously these people don't do many conventions, and are extremely hard to get - but that doesn't mean Showmasters aren't trying (lets face it - they know that the people named would be extremely popular and are likely to be doing their very best to get them)- sometimes though the task is next to impossible. They can't get the guests you want, but there are other guests they can get - they're not as rare and obviously not everyone will want to meet them, but they're still likely to be very popular.

The question is should Showmasters invite who is available, even if they are not to the valued convention veterans taste or should they not invite any Star Wars guests (consider the attacks launched again Showmasters when SW wasn't represented at previous events). Which would you rather?

And you never know, Showmasters has said there are lots of guests left to go - perhaps they've pulled a minor miracle, and who you'd like will be among them.

Lorannah

Well said!!!!

we need to remember, people are getting in to autographs all the time and i'm sure there are a number of people who will be meeting Peter for the first time.

Just to let everyone know, Dave Prowse is advertising on his website that he is at Milton Keynes in October 04. Could that be C6?

Cool guest. I can sort of see both sides of the arguement, im obsessed with the original trilogy but i suppose like the rest of the SW nutters am holding out for Frank Oz :D ,Mark Hammil,Carrie Fisher or Billy Dee Williams(yeah right)....but am resigned to the fact it ain't gonna happen. But come on this guys cool,is in the new film and a MAJOR character in the original trilogy i also met him at Memorabilia and he was a top bloke. It would be even better if you could get an Episode 3 photo to sign on :yoda:

Here's my view. Yes Peter is a great guest, especially for those that haven't met him before. However as a Star Wars autograph collector I have met Peter several times, and just as a personal preference would like to get autographs from people that I haven't met before. (Now before you all start, I'm not saying that Peter shouldn't be at the show, he should, especially for those he is meeting for the first time. Also the more Star Wars cast attending the better, as far as I'm concerned)

I'm not after original trilogy autographs - with the exception of Harrison Ford and Billy Dee Williams I have all the ones I need - I'd be interested in some more prequel people, which hopefully Showmasters can bring us in the future. (Especially Leeanna Walsman!).

Obi-Wan :(

How can anybody say Peter is a minor guest he is gonna be in epsiode 3. How many people can say they appeared in 4 out of the 6 Star Wars movie. I have also seen him previously and I have to say he was very polite and a great bloke to talk to.

Anthony Daniels has been in more :blush:

Anthony Daniels has been in more :blush:

Well said ! and while i'm here, of course he is polite. 1. it's his job, and 2. at 15 quid a sig, he would need to be polite !!

we need to remember, people are getting in to autographs all the time and i'm sure there are a number of people who will be meeting Peter for the first time.

Just to let everyone know, Dave Prowse is advertising on his website that he is at Milton Keynes in October 04. Could that be C6?

like me. i'm doing this for almost a year now so i haven't met much people yet.

hell, i even haven't met david prowse yet.

I THINK the only SW guests that have appeared in all the episodes, Original and Prequel, are Antony Daniels as C3PO and Kenny Baker as R2D2. Warrick Davies was Wald in Episode 1 but no more that have been in both spring to mind right now so yeah go Chewie!!!! :( xx