Guests?

mr fagan

Hi yes i know that Mr Tennant is already confirmed, but please try and see it from our point of view. I cannot commit to a show that only has one guest in attendance. Yes i know its David Tennant but he is no longer a virgin guest for Showmasters there is a pun there somewhere lol. Any guests announced within the next week would seriously make me reconsider me going. I would love to go but we all need time to plan and budget ahead. Come on guys you know who you got lined up whats the big secret?

• Moderators

............lame

So you'd prefer it if SM announced guests who hadn't signed a contract yet then a few days/weeks later had to then announce that that guest had never actually signed the contract so wouldn't be coming? Aside from the fact that many guests would be likely to pull out if SM had the audacity to announce them without a signed contract? (Yes, I've seen it happen with other organisers.)

............lame

So you'd prefer it if SM announced guests who hadn't signed a contract yet then a few days/weeks later had to then announce that that guest had never actually signed the contract so wouldn't be coming? Aside from the fact that many guests would be likely to pull out if SM had the audacity to announce them without a signed contract? (Yes, I've seen it happen with other organisers.)

I think what he means is it would be great to have a second guest sooner rather than later. The event is only about 7-8 weeks away, there are an awful lot of events in sept-Nov 2012 and people would really like to know whether this one will be worth going to. You can't blame them for asking.

I'm already going anyway as Tennant is a big draw for me but all others would be welcome so that I can budget for them.

Aside from the fact that many guests would be likely to pull out if SM had the audacity to announce them without a signed contract? (Yes, I've seen it happen with other organisers.)

Isn't that allegedly the reason Anthony Daniels won't do a Showmasters event? A misunderstanding somewhere along the line, I'm sure

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

You've been here long enough to know things don't work in a specific order in relation to events, so it's not really relevant :)

All down to when stuff is finalised. EMS has no impact on this.

That's the thing though, theres only just over 20 days left in which they can be finalised.

Don't ever seem to have this problem with the other events. Usually it's just the last minute replacements that people have to fret about

I've been to a lot of Doctor Who events over the past 9 years, but I've never known such apathy for one like this.

All I really want to know is in general terms is if potential guests that are current or classic era core cast are being approached. Nothing against anyone announced so far but I feel that even one other core cast member from either era would be great and just to know that someone is at least being approached would be nice to know. The guests so far will appeal to some people but not all. I was even discussing the James Moran announcement with a very close girl pal of mine's yesterday and she's gutted she cant make it. Also Jeremy Young will im sure have some interesting stories about his memories of the first story and his appearance in Space 1999 amongst other work plus Lachele will be interesting to talk to regarding her appearances in the shows and if any others are in the pipeline and im sure she is a lovely person too. With only three weeks to go I think we need some re-assurance that the remaining un-announced four guests will at least potentially include one other centre cast name from any time across the show.