Announcements

doctorwho11

cant see this doing very well with such short notice.

I can't see the point of a comment like that as it serves no purpose.

It's already been explained that the reason for the date was down the the availability of DT.

They most likely have to renegotiate deals with the other actors which is why the other guests haven't haven't been listed as yet..

When the other guests are listed, the event "will" sell tickets and quickly which is why I bought gold tickets.

Showmasters have always managed to land major guest and I can't see that changing.

I'm sure others feel the same way.

Edited by egjohnston

Obviously David Tennant is not that big of a name to draw the punters in..... :whistling: Agreed the timing of the announcement was unfortunate, a lot of convention regulars have already got tickets for X and cannot afford both but if we could, we would. I have seen David's fans and they are bonkers like this: :drool: Personally, I am more looking forward to meeting Billie P and hanging out with friends as I have already met my favourite Doctors: Chris Eccleston and Matt Smith, Chris was so nice, going to see him again tomorrow. :YAHOO:

Ah but we are told tme and time again don't book for one guest.

But it is true to say he'd have been a much bigger draw announced a week earlier. I know people who are borrowing money from all over the place so they don't miss out on big Doctor Who events, but its not this one they see as urgent to book for.

Must admit we haven't booked train tickets yet... although I think if you pay like £1 travel insurance, if the event is cancelled you may be okay - not 100% sure though will have to look that up before we book...