Question (Newbie related)

Sorry to sound like an amateur, but its been a long time since I've been on the forums or to an event, so I've kinda list touch of it all!

I just noticed Karl Urban is attending, which has to be a must see.

Considering I've not irganised anything, what are my chances of meeting him? I've not been to the venue before, will it be the case I'll have to get there super early if I'd like to meet him...or I'm guessing booking a hotel room is probably advisable? I'm guessing it's not like it used to be where I can turn up on the day and hope for the best?

Also looks like I missed out on the photo opportunity tickets, can you buy any on the day? Do guests still allow photos when meeting them or is it down to each individual?

Tried to look through some posts, but finding it hard to locate the answers,

Any help would be much appreciated,

Andy

He is doing both days, so I doubt things will be as manic as they were for David Tennant at EMS. Get there at a reasonable time and if you don't have to leave within 2 hours you'll be fine.

Photo tickets for Karl never went on sale online, you can just buy them on the day. Some guests do still allow posed photos at the table, but not all do. For Karl I doubt it will happen for example.

He is doing both days, so I doubt things will be as manic as they were for David Tennant at EMS. Get there at a reasonable time and if you don't have to leave within 2 hours you'll be fine.

Photo tickets for Karl never went on sale online, you can just buy them on the day. Some guests do still allow posed photos at the table, but not all do. For Karl I doubt it will happen for example.

I never made it to see David Tennant, i really wanted to but was away. How manic was it that day as I remember he was only there for the one day?

I never made it to see David Tennant, i really wanted to but was away. How manic was it that day as I remember he was only there for the one day?

I was there the day DT attended, though didn't meet him. It was busy, but from what I hear, David got through everyone really quite quickly, and though it was a rush-through, I hear he made eye contact with everyone (though if otherwise please correct me), and was open queue by the end of the day. :)

Thanks for the input guys, seems like it could be hit or miss whether it's busy. It's just I don't want to risk making the effort and not being able meet him cause it's too busy or something happens. May have to seriously look at hotel options, but I guess that'll cost a bomb as everywhere close will be booked up! Hmm I'm assuming everyone still gets there really really early?

Edited by DarkElfUK

Yeah, jael is right about LFACC. For Collectormania James Marsters' first appearance and the one where John Barrowman and Eve Myles appeared together very pretty crazy. Especially the Torchwood one got pretty close to Hobbit level, but not quite as bad.

• Moderators

I would also say I feel the organisation of the autograph signing queues has improved over the years, and helps to get through more people without making it feel like a rush job (David Tennant and Karen Gillan for example were very good).

• Like 1

Yeah tell me about it! This is the bad thing with SM events, spenditure spirals out of control quickly if no restraint is applied! This'll be a recipe for disaster for me...and my wallet!

I'm going to have to weigh up my finances!

• Moderators

A combination of answering queries and not having a life really ..

** I do have a life, I'm just easily distracted when I'm at work.

Edited by DavidB

• Moderators

I would agree that normally Sunday would be quieter. But as we have a couple of Sunday only guests, including one big one, it might not be the case this time.

Guess we'll see :D