Hotel questions

AdamsAdventures

Hiya I have never been to an event like this, I have done LFCC and EMS before but not a weekend one. Do people tend to stay in the hotel the event is in? Does the hotel do a special rate for attendees? Do people tend to arrive on the Thursday or Friday? Thanks for any help :)

Yes, most stay in the hotel. But commuting is not a problem, there are lots of other hotels in the area.

The convention hotel does special room rates for attendees.

For the prior ME shows it seemed most attendees arrived Friday because Friday was not a full day. The events started in the afternoon.

• Showmasters Admin

The room rate is on the website - however, you cannot book for the room rate yet as there is not a code for it.

Friday is the best day to arrive as you can check in, then go get your registration pack and badge for the weekend, meet up with fellow fans just arriving and get ready for the fun to kick start around 7pm when the opening ceremony begins. The opening ceremony is followed by the gold pass drinks reception and then the themed party that is for all attendees!

• 2 weeks later...

Having recently stayed in the hotel at another event, it is very good, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff are really helpful. Just don't get caught carrying weapons in the bar after midnight! LOL

Also be prepared to share the hotel with some really odd people, there were Teachers at a convention there when I was last there, you never know, next time it might be accountants or estate agents!

Thanks for the help everyone I will be travelling up and attending the event by myself, i will be coming from Surrey and hope to meet new people and make some new friends.

you will have a fabulous time! I'll be with friends that I made at previous cons having been at the first one (a lifetime ago) on my ownsome....that is the added bonus of these weekends - you are guaranteed to have at least 1 thing in common with 'everyone' else there :smile: