First Time - What to expect?!

rogue_slayer

Hi Guys

This is my first convention to attend and i have to say i cant wait (even though its still over 4 months away). So very excited about meeting all the guests - its going to be a great weekend!!!

Is there anyone else here who is going for the first time?

For all you seasoned attendees out there - any advice for a first timer?

I'm going for the first time too, just managed to save up for the hotel, got my ticket just after Christmas so I'm all set to go. I have found everyone here and on Facebook very helpful. But I think you just have to go with the flow, that's what I'm going to do anyway :)

• Like 1

Hi Guys

This is my first convention to attend and i have to say i cant wait (even though its still over 4 months away). So very excited about meeting all the guests - its going to be a great weekend!!!

Is there anyone else here who is going for the first time?

For all you seasoned attendees out there - any advice for a first timer?

First of all, welcome to the forum. I recommend spending some time on here between now and October chatting to people and getting to know some of us. We're all really nice, and most of us don't bite lol.

Secondly, when you're at the con, just relax and enjoy it. A highlighter is useful for the schedule, but don't worry if you miss something. Just speak to one of the crew and they'll sort you out.

Thirdly, bring plenty of money. Try to work out how much you think you're likely to want to spend on extra autographs, photos, merchandise and food and then double it lol.

• Like 1

Hi, I've been going to cons for ten years (exactly, my first was ten years ago last week).

I still remember when I went, I didn't have a clue how it worked. Firstly when you arrive go to the registration desk to get your pass and programme (I didn't - silly me). The autographs are usually first and are called up in reg order, but the guests may be in two groups so check your number when the details are announced. Photos are provided, but you can bring your own item.

The talks are usually in the afternoon, the schedule of which guest and when are posted up on the day. There are parties each night which are fancy dress, but this is not compulsory. My first time I didn't have a clue how any of the con dances worked, but t wasn't long before I learned them. Best thing to do is watch, learn and then try, no one will mind if you don't get it right away.

See you in October. You'll have a great time.

• Like 1

There are usually frequently asked questions threads in the forum too and these are extremely helpful

Keep an eye on the forum, the schedule usually goes up

On the forum the week of the con so you can plan your weekend from that

Don't be afraid to chat to the people in autograph queues etc as you will be in groups and end up seeing the same faces through the weekend

Same for the talks as people are called in by number. It's a great way to make friends there

Have a fantastic time Nd don't be afraid to ask the crew if you have any queries :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know this sounds kind of stupid...but do you think there's a chance that Sarah Michelle Gellar will attend this? I'm a fan of Joss' work but I wouldn't spend all the money of travel + hotel etc for guests that I like but i'm not that crazy about lol.

Does anyone know if she's went before?

• 2 weeks later...

There is next to no chance of SMG attending this or any event in the foreseeable future.

Didn't think so either, I know she went to a US con last year to promote Ringer...she should come to things like this, people would go crazy to have a photo with Buffy Summers :L haha