Travel?

Im new to this and i have never gone to london without an adult before.

We were planning on getting to kensington from either waterloo or clapham junction. Whats the quickest way and how exactly do we get there? We suck a reading train lines so please be as specific as possible xD

If coming from Waterloo, take the Northern line or Bakerloo line 1 stop to Embankment. Then you'll need to switch to the district line and get off at Earl's court. The Olympia connection from Earl's Court should be open. I would take this option over Clapham if you can.

If coming from Waterloo, take the Northern line or Bakerloo line 1 stop to Embankment. Then you'll need to switch to the district line and get off at Earl's court. The Olympia connection from Earl's Court should be open. I would take this option over Clapham if you can.

Thank you :D How long do you think that would take?

Via the Underground its about half an hour from Waterloo to Kensington Olympia.

And of course it will take you 10 minutes more to get to Waterloo than it would if you get off at Clapham, assuming your train stops at Clapham.

What do you mean by 'the Olympia connection'? Does this mean we have to take yet a different train? Sorry I'm very confused!

What do you mean by 'the Olympia connection'? Does this mean we have to take yet a different train? Sorry I'm very confused!

Yes, you will have to get a train from Waterloo to Embankment, a district line to Earls Court and then a connecting train to Olympia

How much would a taxi be from victoria coach station to the olympia? Or would the bu be simpler? Cause I think I'd get lost with the train~~

Black cabs in London are very expensive!

Come out of the coach station on the Wilton Road side, walk up past the Apollo Victoria theatre (that's where Wicked is on at), continue on past the Terminus Place turnings, and you'll get to the Tube station. It's 4 stops on the District Line from Victoria to Earls Court, then you need a train from Earls Court on another section of the District Line to continue on 1 stop to Kensington (Olympia). Earls Court has lines going in several directions but the signs at the station will tell you which platform you need to be on/what train is coming.

• Like 1

ok. wow this sounds complicated!

Trust me it sounds more complicated than it is :smile: Each line is clearly sign posted, and at each station it tells you which direction to go to switch to another line. There are also signs up with the list of station stops in both direction of travel. Should take you no more than 30 mins

ok. wow this sounds complicated!

Trust me it sounds more complicated than it is :smile: Each line is clearly sign posted, and at each station it tells you which direction to go to switch to another line. There are also signs up with the list of station stops in both direction of travel. Should take you no more than 30 mins

Yes I know. I took the London underground several times before to go from a train station to another but I've never actually been outside the underground in London on my own before and that's the part that worries me the most: being totally lost once outside! Also, the 'should' in 'should be opened' that you wrote worries me. What if the connection between Earl's Court and Olympia is closed? And what is this connection exactly?

Sorry for all these questions. I just like to know exactly where I'm going before I go!

Kensington Olympia station is pretty much opposite the Olympia grand hall, so won't get lost finding it. The Earl's court to Olympia connection is a tube, just between those 2 stations. I say should be open, as it says open weekends and for most Olympia events.

Never be afraid to ask questions, this will be my 1st time there too.

http://www.eco.co.uk/content/uploads/files/ECO_Map_copy.jpg

If you look on the above map, Earl's court isn't that if you need to walk from there

Edited by Murph

Thank you for your help :D

Do you know when we'll know for sure if the line is opened between Earl's Court and Olympia?

It is definitely open on the Saturday and Sunday, but if you are going to the Friday preview it only runs a very limited service on weekday evenings so you will be better off getting the overground or walking from Earls Court.

Edited by evilbatduck

No problem, which day(s) are you going?

Thank you for your help :D

Do you know when we'll know for sure if the line is opened between Earl's Court and Olympia?

It is definitely open on the Saturday and Sunday, but if you are going to the Friday preview it only runs a very limited service on weekday evenings so you will be better off getting the overground or walking from Earls Court.

I was planning on going to the Friday preview. I'm not too keen on walking from Earl's Court on the way back though as it will be dark... I'm gonna have to think about it and maybe go on the Saturday but I don;t think I'll be able too :/

Someone posted that the overground between Clapham and Kensington is closed that weekend, might be worth checking the Friday though. It could be just the Saturday and Sunday it's closed. Meaning you'd only need to walk across the road instead of the walk to Earl's Court at night.

This is getting way too complicated for me! I'm truly bad at directions and this is all too confusing! I know you're explaining as best as you can though so thanks! But I might decide to not go because of how complicated this feels to me...