Empire Day Schedule

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Empire Day Schedule

Talks

David Prowse & Colin Skeaping...........................................11.00am

Producion talk Toby Lofthouse, Michael Ford & Ron Punter.......11.40am

Gary Kurtz - A Day in the Life of a Producer..........................1.00pm

General Guest Talk.............................................................2.00pm

Camera Crew Talk..............................................................2.40pm

Kenny Baker and Rusty Goffe............................................. 3.20pm

Photo Shoots

Kenny Baker..................................................................................................11.20am (£15)

Dave Prowse..................................................................................................11.40am (£15)

John Morton...................................................................................................12.00pm (£15)

Colin Skeaping...............................................................................................1.00pm (£10)

Camera Crew Shot (Ronnie Taylor, Peter Taylor, Jamie Harcourt, Geoff Glover).....1.20pm (£20)

Rusty Goffe and Kenny Baker.............................................................................1.40pm (£25)

Gary Kurtz in Blue Jacket.................................................................................2.00pm (£15)

Production Team Shot (Toby Lofthouse, Ron Punter, Michael Ford, Gary Kurtz)......11.00am (£55)

All the talks are free to enter and tickets for photoshoots will be available on the day. Both require a show entry ticket to participate.

:D:angry:

• Like 1

Oh fab! Glad we know now :)

The talks look very intriguing and a talk with both Rusty and Kenny as well as a Photoshoot? Cripes.

I really cant wait now.

Also any news of what Stage we are going to be in?

Edited by KingRichard76

Is the photo shoot price including the autographs or are the two things separate?

They are separate.

Do you know what Stage we're going to be in? Or is this still being worked out with Elstree?

• Showmasters Admin

Is the photo shoot price including the autographs or are the two things separate?

They are separate.

Do you know what Stage we're going to be in? Or is this still being worked out with Elstree?

I personally have no idea, I've had very little to do with the organisation of this event. I'm turning up on Saturday at the main gates, to be as surprised as you guys :WAVE:

• Showmasters Admin

I personally have no idea, I've had very little to do with the organisation of this event. I'm turning up on Saturday at the main gates, to be as surprised as you guys ;)

I thought its on Stage7, AKA Ben's cave, plus a few other bits..

Oh and Too Tall, don't forget the Chewie suit....

Is it me or is this great that there's no one screaming for some Cosplay element to this thing..?

It is, I wasn't aware of that at the time.

You'll laugh but I've never found a Chewie suit bigger enough. I'm terrible at making things, so it would have to be off the shelf and almost all of the official ones only go up to 6'4", a whole 6" to short.

• Showmasters Admin

Is it me or is this great that there's no one screaming for some Cosplay element to this thing..?

its going to be a fun relaxed day meeting fellow fans that love these films and shearing with you some of the history that we look after and letting the fans see some more really cool things from the past .

it might feel like Star Wars days of old , of a more civilised age :-)

one last thing we have put together all the number ones and twos front the pop charts from 1976 to 1982 the years that these men worked at the studio listing to the radio so for them it will fill like the good old days and for most of us it will feel like we were kids again in the hot summer of 1976 :-)

see you all soon and thank you for shearing this day with me and helping me make this happen something i have wanted to do for a very long time indeed so thank you .

the force will be with us all.

jason ;)

its going to be a fun relaxed day meeting fellow fans that love these films and shearing with you some of the history that we look after and letting the fans see some more really cool things from the past .

it might feel like Star Wars days of old , of a more civilised age :-)

one last thing we have put together all the number ones and twos front the pop charts from 1976 to 1982 the years that these men worked at the studio listing to the radio so for them it will fill like the good old days and for most of us it will feel like we were kids again in the hot summer of 1976 :-)

see you all soon and thank you for shearing this day with me and helping me make this happen something i have wanted to do for a very long time indeed so thank you .

the force will be with us all.

jason ;)

1976. The year I was born :)

I thought that having the score from A New Hope would be more appropriate but it kind of makes sense to have the Sex Pistols etc etc playing out.

Will be a fantastic/and intriguing day thats for sure - am already getting excited about being in Elstree.

Edited by KingRichard76

Will we get the chance to see any of the other stages from the trilogy, at least from the outside, or will we be restricted to where we can wander around ?

Edited by Dave Boy

Will we get the chance to see any of the other stages from the trilogy, at least from the outside, or will we be restricted to where we can wander around ?

Considering its a working Film studio and the clientele (Sp?) that must go in and out of those gates on a regular basis, I have a feeling security (unless I'm wrong) would be pretty tight.

We wont be seeing much as (if you look on this virtual map - you'll see the most important stage "The George Lucas Stage") is quite a little way from Stage 7.

http://www.elstreestudios.co.uk/Studios/site_plan.aspx

I hope at the very least no one will stop us taking photos whilst on the property (?)

Until you stick your head outside into the cold and wet weather of today...
Ah those Those Lazy Crazy Nappy Filled Days Of Summer.
Don't quite think that's what Jason meant when he referred to "the number ones and twos" :blink: