Convention Virgin

Hi guys,

I have never been to any sort of convention in my life and I think this will be my first one. I am very much looking forward to it. This forum has helped me get answers to most of my questions but I have few more.

I am getting a Gold Pass which should be good so does that mean:

1. I don't have to worry about virtual tickets for anything?

2. It says I get an autograph pack and to choose which one, how can I see who's signatures are in each one before choosing? I assume these are real sigs as well and not copies?

Autographs

3. If I join an autograph queue, if I bring something for the person to sign do I still need to pay? Do you just pay in the queue or do you need to buy tickets seperatly?

4. If I pre-book a photoshoot with a guest can I get them to sign something at the same time or is that a big no-no?

5. At the photoshoot, how long does it actually last, is it literally like 20 seconds or do you actually get to speak to them as well

6. I have seen the list of guests on here and on main site, how many other guests are likely to be added before the event?

Think thats about it for just now haha. Thanks in advance for any answers :)

Hi guys,

I have never been to any sort of convention in my life and I think this will be my first one. I am very much looking forward to it. This forum has helped me get answers to most of my questions but I have few more.

I am getting a Gold Pass which should be good so does that mean:

1. I don't have to worry about virtual tickets for anything?

2. It says I get an autograph pack and to choose which one, how can I see who's signatures are in each one before choosing? I assume these are real sigs as well and not copies?

Autographs

3. If I join an autograph queue, if I bring something for the person to sign do I still need to pay? Do you just pay in the queue or do you need to buy tickets seperatly?

4. If I pre-book a photoshoot with a guest can I get them to sign something at the same time or is that a big no-no?

5. At the photoshoot, how long does it actually last, is it literally like 20 seconds or do you actually get to speak to them as well

6. I have seen the list of guests on here and on main site, how many other guests are likely to be added before the event?

Think thats about it for just now haha. Thanks in advance for any answers :)

Hi I'm a Gold Pass veteran so I can probably help with a few of these.

1. You are correct, you don't need to worry about VTs.

2. You just choose what pack you want from the list. You don't get to see them in advance or choose specific ones. Yes, they are all genuine, gathered over the years from the many great guests SM have had at shows.

3. Pay at the queue. Its per autograph no matter what they sign. For example. If you bring a poster for a guest AND you want the 10x8 signed and lets say they are £15 it would be 2 x £15

4. & 5. Big NONO...there literally is no time. You line up, step into place when its your turn, smile, click and leave, unless you are told to wait if there is a problem. You might be lucky to get a quick "hi, how are you" but I wouldn'y guarantee or even expect it really!

6. I would expect for more guests to be added between now and the show. They have added guests on the day as well in the past.

Hope that helps!

Edited by johnhuk

Great, thanks very much Johnhuk!

Everyone on this forum seems really nice. I plan on coming for all day Saturday and then up to about 3pm on Sunday, do you think as a Gold Pass holder that will be plenty time to meet everyone if need be.

This may seem like a stupid question as well but apart from the autographs tables, what else will there be to do at the convention?

Great, thanks very much Johnhuk!

Everyone on this forum seems really nice. I plan on coming for all day Saturday and then up to about 3pm on Sunday, do you think as a Gold Pass holder that will be plenty time to meet everyone if need be.

This may seem like a stupid question as well but apart from the autographs tables, what else will there be to do at the convention?

I would think so. That's one of the reasons I get a Gold Pass, so I don't have to run 'round like a nutter getting VTs etc. I can take my time, use the chill out room etc.

Well, there are talks and lots and lots of dealers, people in costume etc. you won't be bored!

As I understand it, the Gold Pass allows you to queue jump into any queue without the wait, and without a virtual ticket, but as far as I understand it you still have to pay for autographs (in the queue) and photoshoots (pre-booked or in the queue) but NOT the talks. I also would assume for the price that the autograph packs are genuine but I doubt that you'd get to see who signed what before purchase.

I would also think that unfortunately the photoshoots would endeavour to have a relatively quick turnover so I don't think you'd get the opportunity for much of a chat or for them to stop and sign something as part of it, that's what the autograph queues are for - but saying that, I'd love to have a chat with Jeri Ryan if it were possible.

As far as I understand it, guests can be announced very late, like a week or two before the con so it is very much a play by ear thing and if its someone you just HAVE TO see to prebook what you can as soon as they are announced.

This is just how I understand things work, but like you this will also be my first ever Con, so I might not have it entirely accurate, hope it helps answer some of your questions at least.

Yip it does - thanks to both!

Does anyone have a full guest list for 2011? I am finding it hard to find. I found who all the headline people were but it says there were over 75 guests in total so was interested in seeing who some of the lesser known people were so I can get an idea of what maybe to expect for this year.

Also it saysthere are also Sports guests?? What sort of sports guests have their been in the past?

Yip it does - thanks to both!

Does anyone have a full guest list for 2011? I am finding it hard to find. I found who all the headline people were but it says there were over 75 guests in total so was interested in seeing who some of the lesser known people were so I can get an idea of what maybe to expect for this year.

Also it saysthere are also Sports guests?? What sort of sports guests have their been in the past?

Have a look here:-

LFCC 2011

Sports guests are normally footballers or boxers..

Generally speaking, there are no sports guests at LFCC. I think there has been the odd one in the past but it's rare. Sports guests usually appear at Collectormania Milton Keynes and the Entertainment Media Show later in the year.

Yeh its been a while I think!

You guys are utter legends - made me feel alot better.

Even though Im getting a gold pass - reckon I still will need a couple hundred spending money?

At the very least! Also, if you can, bring your own packed lunch (drinks at least) or plan on going outside the venue as refreshments are pricey inside!

Even though Im getting a gold pass - reckon I still will need a couple hundred spending money?

At the very least! Also, if you can, bring your own packed lunch (drinks at least) or plan on going outside the venue as refreshments are pricey inside!

Ahh nice one I was wondering about that and if allowed to bring in own food and drink. Is there normally a gold pass lounge or something similar? Whats it like? Pretty much just a room with a chairs?

Ahh nice one I was wondering about that and if allowed to bring in own food and drink. Is there normally a gold pass lounge or something similar? Whats it like? Pretty much just a room with a chairs?

Its the chill out room. It literally is tables and chairs. Its nothing fancy but as you will see there aren't many places to sit at the venue so it is really welcome. Its a good place to get away from the noise too...

also looking at last year's guest list and some of the stars on it, I wondered how likely it would be that at least some of them would put in a repeat performance this year...is that likely, or is it a completely unique guest list every year?

ts not completely unheard of. Alex Kingston was at Milton Keynes in the May then back again in the July. That was a one off. You sometimes get guests from a couple of years back but normally its pretty unique...

also looking at last year's guest list and some of the stars on it, I wondered how likely it would be that at least some of them would put in a repeat performance this year...is that likely, or is it a completely unique guest list every year?

Yeah thats what Im hoping, especially some of the Star Wars actors etc

If any do repeat it will be them. Kenny Baker is often around...

There's an FAQ section that you may be interested in looking at. It'll probably answer a lot of the questions that you have.

FAQs

There's also a topic for guest appearance days and prices. This one gets updated as more guests get added so is definitely worth keeping an eye on. You can use it to work out how much you're likely to need for autographs and photo shoots.

Guest days and prices

im a comic con virgin too and i think ive found out most of what i need to know but if someone could help with these last questions i would appreciate it (:

some of them are silly and im probably being stupid and the answers right in front of me like on the website or something :L

anyways..

1. Do they sell food at LFCC, are there any small food stalls or a cantine or even like some little vending machines? :L

2. what sort of art workshops have been at previous comic cons that might be there this year? do they cost anything?

3. can you sell your trading cards? i have 2 whole sets of LOST season 1 trading cards and i want to sell one, and also some pokemon cards that are like from the really early series.

4. in the game zone, does it cost money to use the games and technology? i really want to have a guitar hero battle against my friends :L

5. what sort of merchandise is at LFCC and roughly how much does it cost? cheap- expensive?

6. what else is there to do at LFCC that isnt on the website?

thanks in advance!! :P:thumbup:

1. The venue runs a cafe area, but it's not exactly cheap from what I remember. There's a Tesco across the street and you can bring your own food too.

2. Anything comic related will be announced when the time table for stage 2 goes up. Is that what you mean by art workshops?

3. Well you could get a stall and sell. :thumbup: Some dealers may buy, but that would be a really rare occurance. You may be more lucky with Craigslist or something.

4. No, the game use is free of charge.

5. Tons of merchandise. Anything from replica swords to trading cards. Is there something special you are looking for?

well i was hoping there would be replica's from tv shows i watch like LOST, flashforward and mainly heroes but i know these shows have been cancelled, so im not sure if they would be there.

and how much spending money do you recommend i take, im going on both saturday and sunday.

(: thanks for your answers

Replicas? You mean prop replicas? The sword stall usually has Hiro's sword, that much I remember for sure.

I've seen Lost stuff in the past and with Hayden attending I am sure dealers will be bringing Heroes stuff too. I've not seen much about Flashforward, then again I may have missed that as I am not following the sure.

How much spending money... it's really hard to say. If that helps, a lot of stalls accept cards. :thumbup: