Several Questions from a Newb...

theace83

Hi, I'm new here and this LFCC will be my first and as such I'd appreciate if people can bear with my questions if they seem a littler obvious...

I am a huge Gillian Anderson and Jeri Ryan fan and those two are really the main reasons I'm going, and I know both are scheduled only for Saturday...due to budgetry reasons, I've only brought tickets for standard adult entry on the Saturday (at 11 AM), but have booked photoshoots/talks with both aand prepaid for Jeri's autograph...I just wondered if the standard entry put me at a disadvantage compared to Gold Pass and Early Bird ticket holders?

I am coming up from Birmingham, and really wouldn't want to miss either of these two.

Second question is, will photos and that be provided for them to sign when you go up, or would you have to bring your own stuff? For such a golden opportunity, I wouldn't want them to sign some random piece of paper...

Lastly, I have booked talks abut am in a wheelchair, would advance notice need to be given about access or is everything accomodated for in that regard, if not, whom do I contact and where/when?

Thanks.

Hi, I'm new here and this LFCC will be my first and as such I'd appreciate if people can bear with my questions if they seem a littler obvious...

I am a huge Gillian Anderson and Jeri Ryan fan and those two are really the main reasons I'm going, and I know both are scheduled only for Saturday...due to budgetry reasons, I've only brought tickets for standard adult entry on the Saturday (at 11 AM), but have booked photoshoots/talks with both aand prepaid for Jeri's autograph...I just wondered if the standard entry put me at a disadvantage compared to Gold Pass and Early Bird ticket holders?

I am coming up from Birmingham, and really wouldn't want to miss either of these two.

Second question is, will photos and that be provided for them to sign when you go up, or would you have to bring your own stuff? For such a golden opportunity, I wouldn't want them to sign some random piece of paper...

Lastly, I have booked talks abut am in a wheelchair, would advance notice need to be given about access or is everything accomodated for in that regard, if not, whom do I contact and where/when?

Thanks.

You wont get to see them if you get standard, I would doubt it atleast, so Early bird is must I think. Gold Ticket is awesome, but if its a moneyissue then that is out of the question.

They have photos there, and you can bring stuff with you.

the last question I cant answer.

I would assume that since I have booked photoshoots, I would get to see the...but the fact that you say I will not...havinf already brought standard entry tickets, I am now a bit anxcxious, if I now buy Early Bird tickets, it essentially means my standard entry tickets (got 3 for me and my brothers) go to waste...

Thanks.

I would suggest you send an e-mail to info@showmastersonline.com. In the subject heading I'd suggest something like "FAO Too Tall - wheelchair access to talks". That way they'll know what it's about and it will be passed to the right person.

Hope that helps.

I would assume that since I have booked photoshoots, I would get to see the...but the fact that you say I will not...havinf already brought standard entry tickets, I am now a bit anxcxious, if I now buy Early Bird tickets, it essentially means my standard entry tickets (got 3 for me and my brothers) go to waste...

W8!

Sorry, I was reffering to autographs in this case, cause with a standardticket there will be many many people that will be able to get a VT before you.

If you have a photoshoot, then I think it will be ok. But there is the risk of them having a photoshoot before 11.

But please dont do anything hasty before a staffmember answers also, I just wanted to help :)

Last year I think it was mentioned that if you had standard tickets and you had booked photoshoots that were taking place before 11am you could join the pay on the day ticket queue and pay the extra to get in early. As you have shoot tickets you will get your photo but if you want an autograph you will need a low VT which you probably won't get if you wait and go in on a standard ticket. I'm sure a mod will confirm or deny this soon though!

worst case...if I have to I would be prepared to turn up early and see what happens, but as these are two of the most popular guests, I wouldn't be surprised if lots of people have the same idea...and I would be prepared to get early bird tickets and pay a bit extra, if I could somehow trade them over for thec standard tickets I currently have, just don't want tickets going to waste understandably...

If you have a standard entry ticket but want to get in before 11 o'clock, you can join the pay on the day queue and pay the difference at the ticket booth.

If you have tickets for two photoshoots that start at the same time, go to the one that has the shortest slot first.

If you have tickets for two photoshoots that overlap, go to the one that starts earliest first.

In both cases, explain to the crew in the photo area that you have another one to get to and they will do their best to get you through quickly.

It may be worth noting that the photoshoot tickets are all numbered. In the case of the busier guests, people are called up in batches according to their ticket number. You can go up any time after the batch your number is in has been called but obviously before the photoshoot end time.

If you have any questions on the day, ask a crew member. They are there to help and they don't bite - honestly :wub:

bit on the same subject as early bird last year wen david tennant came there wasnt any point in buying early bird cos of the amount of people who brought it are lfcc sorting that problem out?

Sorting it out in what way? Not sure what you think can be done.

worst case...if I have to I would be prepared to turn up early and see what happens, but as these are two of the most popular guests, I wouldn't be surprised if lots of people have the same idea...and I would be prepared to get early bird tickets and pay a bit extra, if I could somehow trade them over for thec standard tickets I currently have, just don't want tickets going to waste understandably...
Just to confirm what the others have said.

Yes, you can upgrade your Standard entry ticket by joining the Early Bird pay on the day queue. Hand over your ticket and pay the difference.

Autographs - you have that covered already with Jerri, so not a problem. Gillian, with a standard ticket you will end up with a high VT, so you probably won't get to see her for an autograph until near the end of the day. To be honest there is a chance that you may not get an autograph. It is dependant on how many people will want to get her autogrpah, and her singing speed at this type of event. Both of which are unknowns. If the autograph is in any way important then I strongly recommend upgrading to a Early Bird ticket on the day and entering the event earlier than 11am.

You will not get to meet Gillian Anderson with a standard ticket... sorry, but that's the reality of the situation I'm afraid. Right now, the only guaranteed way is a gold pass, or turning up very early and queuing.

Yes I agree getting an early bird will improve your chances of getting an autograph but that is not a Guarantee, and it is misleading to say that it is. For instance 1000 People want to meat Gillian, all 1000 on reading this get early birds thats still 1000 autographs that she has to sign.

On the flip side, saying that anyone with a standard ticket will not get to see Gillian is also slightly misleading as big guest before have seen all their VT's and gone to open ques.

It all boils down to how fast a signer Gillian is.

You will not get to meet Gillian Anderson with a standard ticket... sorry, but that's the reality of the situation I'm afraid. Right now, the only guaranteed way is a gold pass, or turning up very early and queuing.

Yes I agree getting an early bird will improve your chances of getting an autograph but that is not a Guarantee, and it is misleading to say that it is. For instance 1000 People want to meat Gillian, all 1000 on reading this get early birds thats still 1000 autographs that she has to sign.

On the flip side, saying that anyone with a standard ticket will not get to see Gillian is also slightly misleading as big guest before have seen all their VT's and gone to open ques.

It all boils down to how fast a signer Gillian is.

Thats pretty much what I was going to say. If she's reasonably fast she may get through nearly 1000 in the day, I think Patrick Steward gets through a lot each time so it is possiable you may get an open queue near the end of the day. It also depends if you can stay that long as well. SM will want to get as many people through as they can so really it's just luck of the draw.