Hotel difficulties - help?

MissPattinson007

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the issues with booking the hotel! :-(

I have spoken to them this morning and all room types on all days should now be available to book again! ;)

However, room bookings are very high for the event so please do get in there and book as soon as you can as I know there is going to come a point where the rooms are simply sold out! Obviously being the last ET demand is high!

I'll keep an eye on this thread so if anyone has any more problems please post on here and I'll try and get them sorted as soon as I can.

Take care,

Mark :WINCE:

i managed to get a room two weeks ago through calling resevations but they said there was only twin delux rooms left at the con rate so i had to book that room, although its abit of a pain as i coming with my partner would have been nice to had a double room.

i did call and see if i could change my room but the lady on the phone wasnt very helpful and was american so i couldnt understand her very well anyway!!!

she thought i wanted to cancel my room so i quickly reasured her i wanted to keep my twin room just incase i lost my room full stop as she only had in her head about canceling my room raither then helping me with my reservation lol. do you know if the hotel and put the beds together or if they could change our room on the day as im to scared to call as they dont seem to understand my english to well.

Talk to them on the day. No guarantees but on a con weekend they usually need more twins than doubles, so when you get there ask if you can have a double instead and there's a pretty good chance you'll get one.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the issues with booking the hotel! :-(

I have spoken to them this morning and all room types on all days should now be available to book again! ;)

However, room bookings are very high for the event so please do get in there and book as soon as you can as I know there is going to come a point where the rooms are simply sold out! Obviously being the last ET demand is high!

I'll keep an eye on this thread so if anyone has any more problems please post on here and I'll try and get them sorted as soon as I can.

Take care,

Mark :WINCE:

i managed to get a room two weeks ago through calling resevations but they said there was only twin delux rooms left at the con rate so i had to book that room, although its abit of a pain as i coming with my partner would have been nice to had a double room.

i did call and see if i could change my room but the lady on the phone wasnt very helpful and was american so i couldnt understand her very well anyway!!!

she thought i wanted to cancel my room so i quickly reasured her i wanted to keep my twin room just incase i lost my room full stop as she only had in her head about canceling my room raither then helping me with my reservation lol. do you know if the hotel and put the beds together or if they could change our room on the day as im to scared to call as they dont seem to understand my english to well.

Talk to them on the day. No guarantees but on a con weekend they usually need more twins than doubles, so when you get there ask if you can have a double instead and there's a pretty good chance you'll get one.

Thank you all so much for your help, ive just gone on there website via the link and ive managed to book a queen at the con rate for the same price as a twin so thank you. abit scared about cancelling my twin room yet as people have been saying they have booked rooms then not got a email confirming there room even though ive just checked my emails and i have recieved a confirmation email lol. but i will cancel it dont worry lol. cant wait to see you all in october SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

• Showmasters Admin

Thank you all so much for your help, ive just gone on there website via the link and ive managed to book a queen at the con rate for the same price as a twin so thank you. abit scared about cancelling my twin room yet as people have been saying they have booked rooms then not got a email confirming there room even though ive just checked my emails and i have recieved a confirmation email lol. but i will cancel it dont worry lol. cant wait to see you all in october SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

Great, glad you've got it sorted ;)

Too Tall our hero ;)

TOO TALL OUR HERO AGREED!

I can honestly say without the help from the moderators and the lovely twilight fans from the start i would be in such a mess with all this orginising and sorting out. im not very good at all this stuff and you guys have been a great help so thank you so much. just got to pre-book my train tickets as i know there be way to expensive on the day, as im coming from colchester. booking in advance brings the price down a little from experence!! just you can only book 3months in advance. that one will be my last and fingers cross my final challenge lol

I've just tried booking a Twin for Friday to Monday with no joy.

Hi ya, i think you need to book friday and saturday night, then sunday seperate with the group code. it should work then ive seen a few people write on the forum thats what they had to do.

Hope that helps

We can book online with the code GETTW for a room with 2 beds for the night from Saturday to Sunday, is this normal (because they have more room to two beds available) or there a problem?

by cons, rooms with 1 single bed, it is possible to book from Friday to Monday, thank you for your help

We can book online with the code GETTW for a room with 2 beds for the night from Saturday to Sunday, is this normal (because they have more room to two beds available) or there a problem?

by cons, rooms with 1 single bed, it is possible to book from Friday to Monday, thank you for your help

The rooms with two beds seem sold out at the moment. Other people have the same problem. More people will book rooms with two beds. That means they sell more quick.

Please wait a bit until Mark has spoken to the hotel again.

The rooms with two beds seem sold out at the moment. Other people have the same problem. More people will book rooms with two beds. That means they sell more quick.

ok thanks :)

you inform us of available rooms, please! :)

Sorry, but you may have to wait a bit longer than a day. Mark will post an update as soon as he can.

Sorry, but you may have to wait a bit longer than a day. Mark will post an update as soon as he can.

okay, so I will wait :)

ok thank you for your help!

and still no news for rooms? because currently there are only single rooms at negotiated prices. And I'm waiting to know to get my ticket silver because I do not have the means to pay alone the room for 3 nights!

You asked on Friday. It's Sunday night now. The hotel group reservation people Mark needs to speak to do not work on weekends.

Also the hotel is really popular for group bookings. It may take a couple of days even during the week until Mark got a hold of them.