Top 5 New Dr Who Episodes

Starbug

Who is every ones top 5 eps you can included the 2 parters or 3 parters heres mine

5. The Doctor's Wife

4. The Waters of Mars

3. Gridlock

2.Tooth and Claw

1.Utopia/The Sound of Drums/The Last of the timelords

Thats my top 5 so whats every one eles top 5

ive managed to whittle mine down to these, i cant choose 5 out of them though, not without rewatching them all and having a proper think lol, ive already taken away gridlock, utopia, school reunion, the pandorica opens/big bang, blink, dalek. all of which were great,

so here are my favs of the current era all of which I thought were pretty awesome, I think TGITF/time of angels 2 parter would be the top 2 though.

the end of the wolrd

the empty child/the doctor dances

the girl in the fireplace

the impossible planet/the satan pit

human nature/family of blood

silence in the library/forrest of the dead

the time of angels/flesh and stone

amys choice

vincent and the doctor

the doctors wife

the girl who waited

ive managed to whittle mine down to these, i cant choose 5 out of them though, not without rewatching them all and having a proper think lol, ive already taken away gridlock, utopia, school reunion, the pandorica opens/big bang, blink, dalek. all of which were great,

so here are my favs of the current era all of which I thought were pretty awesome, I think TGITF/time of angels 2 parter would be the top 2 though.

the end of the wolrd

the empty child/the doctor dances

the girl in the fireplace

the impossible planet/the satan pit

human nature/family of blood

silence in the library/forrest of the dead

the time of angels/flesh and stone

amys choice

vincent and the doctor

the doctors wife

the girl who waited

Most of those eps i love but coudnt fit them in Planet of the dead was anorher ep i wanted to fit in somewhere

Edited by Starbug

TBH planet of the dead i found a bit meh and too reminiscent of pitch black, waters of mars I liked (aside the stupid robot riding scene, up until the ending, I didnt like how the doctor was at the end and i thought the monsters were underused)

the master trilogy in S3 I liked (especially utopia) but i hated dobby the doctor elf and wasnt all that impressed with way the doc was reborn as it were with good thoughts (although that doesnt annoy me as much now as it once did) but yet again we have a reverse switch resolution.

tooth and claw was good apart from the scene where they are trapped and ppl have just died and the doc and rose are all happy and laughing feels really really off!, rose also in s2 became far too cocky for my liking.

I find it hard to narrow it down to five. In transmission order:

Father's Day

School Reunion

The Girl in the Fireplace

Utopia (but not the episodes which followed it as I felt they were a let-down, and though I enjoyed John Simm's performance I would have preferred to see more of Sir Derek Jacobi after Professor Yana's transformation into The Master)

Midnight

It's interesting to note that there are no Eleventh Doctor stories in there. If I was doing a top ten I would have included Vincent and the Doctor, but I think(/hope!) we are yet to see the greatest stories for the Eleventh Doctor.