hotel

david111066

I’ve just had an unpleasant call from the hotel even though I booked my room back in may they have Cancelled my room as they are over booked I need some advice has any body booked a room since but has not had it cancelled as I want to prove that other people have booked after me an therefore its wrong to take my room away..... am so up set I cant even be with my friends the guest I wanted to see have cancelled I have no hotel room .........I feel like crying this was meant to be a fn birthday gift to myself anybody got any advice

Edited by david111066

i've just had an unpleasant call from the hotel even though i booked my room back in may they have Cancelled my room as they are over booked i need some advice has any body booked a room since but has nothad it cancled as i want to prove that other people have booked after me an there fore its wrong to take my room away..... am so up set i cant even be with my friends the guest i wanted to see have cancled i have no hotel room .........i feel like crying this was meant to be a fn birthday gift to myself anybody got any advice

park inn have gotten back to me to say that they have transfered my booking to the the ibis but the ibis have no record any such transfer and say they are booked how the hell are the hotel allowed to do this

they called me with info that they rebooked, so ibis don't know anything about it???

i was just told that they still waiting for confirmations so i will ring later on to check that it is ok

Myself and friends have been moved to the IBIS - so that is another 3 rooms booked in May that have been transferred - those who booked first have been penalised.

I double checked my booking a few weeks ago and there were no issues!

Make sure they fully compensate you as the IBIS is not in the same league has the Park Inn!

they called me with info that they rebooked, so ibis don't know anything about it???

i was just told that they still waiting for confirmations so i will ring later on to check that it is ok

Myself and friends have been moved to the IBIS - so that is another 3 rooms booked in May that have been transferred - those who booked first have been penalised.

I double checked my booking a few weeks ago and there were no issues!

Make sure they fully compensate you as the IBIS is not in the same league has the Park Inn!

I checked it few times in last month or so... angry... badly... i was told i can still use everything in their hotel and bla bla bla... still.. from one hand it is not enough from the other at least they sort out replacement hotel coz it could be worse..

doesn't change the fact that park inn is very unprofessional.. saying lightly

Don't know if I should tell you this incase it makes you angrier!

I booked my room at Park Inn on 12th September but via Hotels.com - I've just rang Park Inn and they have confirmed my reservation.

Not sure if it makes a difference that I booked for one person and a queen bed - maybe it is only twin rooms they are having a problem with? and I'm only booked in for 2 nights - Friday and Saturday.

Or do you get different T&Cs if you book under the conference rate via chevron 7.7 than if you book normally.

Anyway - really feel for you, I would be mega pi**ed off if it was me. Just hope when I turn up tomorrow they don't say something different and try to move me.

Honestly, good luck and hope you get it all sorted.

Yes I also rang this afternoon to check because I made a booking in May, but did it direct with the hotel.....I've been informed that my booking stands and my room is reserved....but like the previous poster I am loathe to "celebrate" until I'm actually sitting in my room tomorrow afternoon.... :thumbup:

Deeds xx

Same thing has happened to me an a friend who booked at the Park. No deposit was taken and we were told today they've moved us to the Ibis. Apparently they're going to be giving people drinks tickets as some form of compensation.....it better be £20 worth!

1 day before the event is just unnacceptable, especially since those of use who book way back in May seem to have been bumped because THEY didn't take our diposits.

Edited by Phenix00

It looks like just because we booked as via ME event for £68 per night and not direct they just didn't bothered....

and not deposit taken even that they assure that everything is just fine, i think last time I called was on Monday and everything was still just fine..

better be good these drinks...

:thumbup:

It looks like just because we booked as via ME event for £68 per night and not direct they just didn't bothered....

and not deposit taken even that they assure that everything is just fine, i think last time I called was on Monday and everything was still just fine..

better be good these drinks...

:firedevil:

Surely massive events will talk to the hotel about this debacle as this could effect people being willing to book for events with them again. And as for the drinks vouchers.... I don’t drink so that’s not much compensation

hotel put the phone down on me twice becasue they did not have to talk to me as i was upset and that offended them

I really am upset about this whole situation, first two main guests have cancelled and now not staying in the same hotel as the convention. The hotel do not seem to care how unprofessional they look by oversubscribing and do not consider that I am a single woman travelling on my own. for £176 silver ticket, £21 train fares and now £68 a night, I am very underwhelmed, angry and disappointed :D