A couple of random complaints..

No I Havent Im simply stating it couldve been organised a hell of a lot better Ive been to many of these events over the years all over the country and this was the worst organised event Ive ever been to.

Did any of these events have the same number of photoshoots and attendees?

People need to learn some patience, your pictures aren't going to be stolen (what would be the point) and if they weren't back before you left then they would be posted out to you for a minimal fee.....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I Havent Im simply stating it couldve been organised a hell of a lot better Ive been to many of these events over the years all over the country and this was the worst organised event Ive ever been to.

Did any of these events have the same number of photoshoots and attendees?

People need to learn some patience, your pictures aren't going to be stolen (what would be the point) and if they weren't back before you left then they would be posted out to you for a minimal fee.....

I have plenty of patience but if photo handlers are telling people to come back in ten minutes every ten minutes for over 2 hours I would say thats a bit off. there was a clear lack of communication and Ive been to Collectormanias at manchester and birmingham and milton keynes and glasgow with just as many guests and at none of these events was there a band playing right next to the main talk stage area. I thought this thread was for complaints. My main complaint was about the organisation not only about the Photos :YAHOO:

I think they shouldve kept everyone moving around the photo collection area people just seemed to be holding there ground by the tables and not budging.

Have you ever tried convincing people to actually DO this? I've worked photo distribution in the past and no amount of asking, pleading or telling will get people to move sometimes. And if you raise your voice at all or attempt to (gently) physically move people out of the way/back from the table, they then come on here and whine about how the crew were 'rude' to them.

No I Havent Im simply stating it couldve been organised a hell of a lot better Ive been to many of these events over the years all over the country and this was the worst organised event Ive ever been to. like someone stated before the white boards wouldve been great saying what shoots would be where and at roughly what time. Ive been to one previously that uploaded all the photos onto a website and you simply click this is me on the photo. as I stated the crew were great just the attitude on a couple of the ticket sellers and pit bosses left a lot to be desired.

Im sure this is the case with everybody the organisation completely sucked whoever planned what went where in the event deserves a p45 every Talk was pretty much ruined by the band playing they shouldve been placed away from any talk stages. I personally feel completely let down by the terrible way the handing out of photos was done placed on a table I was told from 3.30pm that my photoshoots from 2pm were on there way every time I asked someone they said it would be 10mins I can understand with the chris lloyd shoots etc that were large numbers but the shawnee smith and ashley laurence shoots were very little. but to keep being told 10mins for almost 2hours was completely annoying. I also spoke to some very rude red T-shirted staff that didnt really have a clue what was going on. the Blue event staff were great this time round I spent over 200 pounds on photoshoots alone this will not be the case next time if we decide to come to anymore at all. I think they shouldve kept everyone moving around the photo collection area people just seemed to be holding there ground by the tables and not budging.

In the past, when i've been on photo distribution, you have to tell people that it will be an approximate 2 - 3 hours before photoshoots are back and out on tables, simply because they: are cycled to somewhere to be processed, have to be processed, have to be cycled back and then have to be sorted out again by photoshoot (if threre are a few being printed at once). Really a crew member should have said that due to the mass amounts of shoots, it could take a few hours like usual :YAHOO:

And as for keeping everyone moving, well you will know yourself if you were stood there for more than ten minutes, the mass amount of people generally keeps building, and crew do tell people that if they can't find their photo, could they return later so that there was more room. I remember at EMS last year i was stacking photos of the same people from different shoots to save room and mean that people didn't have to return to the table as often

I hope this helps :3

I was stood in the general area for long periods of time not stood in front of the tables. The only shoot I was told would be late which was expected due to the numbers was the christopher lloyd one. I wasnt expecting the shoots that only had around 30 people participating in taking as long as they did. My main gripe was the organisation the guests were fantastic. Saturday seemed to run better than sunday which to be honest I thought it would be the other way round and be a bit quieter on the sunday.

i meant if you were in the area so that you could sort of see the tables atleast :)

i mean photos returning late can be down to anything, printer problems are usually the main problem though or the sheer amount of photos needing printed. I think it was slightly underestimated this year but i do know that they are going through photos and sorting them ready for posting now, so not to worry. it shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks :)

Guys, can you please stop speculating about the motives of a guest for certain actions?

I've hidden a couple of posts in here, otherwise we will have someone coming on in a couple of hours who gets really worried about the guest seeing these posts, taking offense and possibly not coming back. That and the topic going in another more unpleasant direction is also the reason why I have moved another topic to the mod section.

Thank you for understanding!

I got to take this point a little further sorry :)

but i don't think you should complain so much on the forum but on the email this was my first one and i found everything to be great tho i do agree with a couple of comments it does put me off going to see guests and places and these events in the future and for someone new to the forum it could give a bad image

:YAHOO:

Not sure spotting a pencil-written number would be any easier than spotting your own face, either. And there's also a lot of time added where the crew have to go through and do all that writing, which would just delay getting the photos out even more.

Exactly..I tend to look for what im wearing rather than my face too. Sunday I had my star trek bright red tshirt on, so all I had to do was look for bright red tshirts and see which one was me!

Which is why I wear bright/printed t shirts :)

For Me It was my fourth convention and best run...and er...best convention.....but for the future? the talks must not be ruined by bands or karaoke please Jason and co if you are goiing to have things like that stick them in another building or stop them altogether...unless you have them on the Friday night prievew when there are no talks.

Only other moan was Karens pen....very faded signature.....obviously I will bring my own next time...although everyone elses pens seemed fine.

Thanks for a lovely time!!

• Showmasters Admin

we have a event this weekend so we are all a bit busy at this time to go into all the points on here , but we will resolve most of the issues that some of you have pointed out to us and most of these were down to there just being a lot more people attending that last year , we will grow the crew to help make the event work well for everyone and we will improve all aspects of the show that need looking at , but at the end of the day its really great that so many people know know of the show and that we can take it to the next level .

i will be closing this thread as i do think we are going over old ground and i do not want to dwarf these issues over what was a very good event , all your issues will be looked and and a fix will be in place for the next event as we know what we need to do to make it smother for you all .

thanks for the feedback and we will be letting you all know in the next few weeks what we have planed .

jason