Can i get some opinions on these please :)

They are both good, the Kes one especially. Although I must say there is only a "look of" karen gillan rather than a full likeness.

But if you did these then kudos to your talent. The style is fantastic. Much better than I could ever do :thumbup:

They are both good, the Kes one especially. Although I must say there is only a "look of" karen gillan rather than a full likeness.

But if you did these then kudos to your talent. The style is fantastic. Much better than I could ever do :thumbup:

cheers for that, can i ask you what you think would make the karen better? just by looking over it?

constructive critism is good for me :)

cheers for that, can i ask you what you think would make the karen better? just by looking over it?

I think with karen the eyes are such a powerful feature of hers that they are very hard to capture. Something just didn't "grab" like hers do. That's why I said it's very good, but not quite a true likeness.

Then again I'm an amateur photographer rather than a painter so maybe its just my eye being a stickler for true realism cause I'm used to being behind a lens capturing images artificially. I admire your natural talent.

im very happy with everyones comments, thankyou so much...

yes i understand with the photography side in comparison with paintings, it is a very different thing. my style is fairly "comic" with hints of realism in a certain respect, but im glad you shared your thoughts, its helped :)

Well sorry I love Karens but you have made the cheeks a bit full and neck bone a it out but apart from that brilliant imm currently studying art criticm in gcse art weird huh :)

They are both good, the Kes one especially :D

This.

I recall seeing Kes on TV, initial run, all that time ago. A very powerful film.

Very well done indeed.

i read the book kes when i was in high school and watched the movie. it is one of my favourite books of all time. amazing just amazing! the painting is just like him in the movie x i did art at high school and im not very good at still life or portraits so great job! im more of a copy cat and love poster paints x if i see it i can draw it x

• Showmasters Admin

RavenMedia, do you do comissions?

Just to warn you this is treading a very fine line as we do not allow advertising or selling on this forum.

Should you wish to discuss that further, please do so via email off forum.

Thanks,

Stuart.

I'd get neither. I only get official items signed or a re-production of an official item such as a movie poster.

I'd only get artwork like a canvas signed if it was actually painted by me.

As far as I understand it, some dealers who sell unoffical artwork like this are infringing the intellectual property rights of the movie/TV studios...