Who was your first guest...

Tina197

I don't think I have replied in this thread but hey here goes my story. It was September 2008 and I had a Sunday off. I know 2 of my friends had planned to go on the Saturday and I said it sounded prettu cool. They had met some people, but I wasn't really that interested in metting anyone.

So, then on the way there one of my friends says "You do know Michael Dorn is there?" No way! I actually thought he was lying to me to wind me up :D

So when we get there, ot only is Michael Dorn, so is Denise Crosby. I met Michael first and I thought he looked bored. Quite acknowleding but didn't look happy.

Denise on the other hand was great fun. There was no one behind me and spent a few minutes chatting with me. She was one of my all time fave guests. So that was when my Trek collection begun.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey all this mention of Jon Pertwee - I'd completely forgot that I'd met him as a kid when he was Worzel Gummidge - had his autograph but alas it's long lost now! Also as a child met Dave Prowse (as the green cross code man)

1st guest I ever met properly (well 2 at the same time) were Jeremy Bulloch and Michael Sheard and to this day still 2 of the best. Michael was adored by everyone and Jeremy always has time for a chat.

1st guest at an SM event was Peter Mayhew at C6(?) where there were loads of SW peeps inc Carrie. TBH he was abit of a disappointment as I'd been waiting years to meet him and he was grumpy! - Met him since and he was okay.

Blimey all this mention of Jon Pertwee - I'd completely forgot that I'd met him as a kid when he was Worzel Gummidge - had his autograph but alas it's long lost now! Also as a child met Dave Prowse (as the green cross code man)

1st guest I ever met properly (well 2 at the same time) were Jeremy Bulloch and Michael Sheard and to this day still 2 of the best. Michael was adored by everyone and Jeremy always has time for a chat.

1st guest at an SM event was Peter Mayhew at C6(?) where there were loads of SW peeps inc Carrie. TBH he was abit of a disappointment as I'd been waiting years to meet him and he was grumpy! - Met him since and he was okay.

I think you spelt LIVERPOOL FC LEGEND incorrectly :thumbup:

First guest at any event ever was Dave Prowse, met him once since then, very friendly and even recognized me, which was a big surprise :)

But the first guest at a Showmasters event must have been either Robert Englund or John Rhys-Davies at Collectormania Copenhagen, I honestly can't remember which, both of them were very friendly and had good time for chatting with all their fans :)

I think you spelt LIVERPOOL FC LEGEND incorrectly :frankie:

To be fair I've met a few of them too - Jan Molby sticks out as an all round (no pun intended!) nice bloke!!

First encounter was with Michael Shanks at a Sci Fi Con in Paris. I was only for a signature, but it was well worth it, he was really gracious.

The convention was really badly organised which meant that we got to be first in the queue even though we had the lowest level ticket, and when we arrived for our autograph we had loads of time to chat with Michael because the other ticket holders hadn't been shown where to go.

Thank you to the Paris orgainsers for being hopeless, at the time it was annoying but in hindsight it was great for us. Not so good for everyone else who paid for priority tickets.

:blink: