Who IS River?..

Tina197

Are we defently going to find out who River Song is in this Series.Or will we find out in Series 7

moff has said we will deff find out who she is as will the doc in this series, but the moff has been known to lie or tell the truth in a wibbly wobberly way lol

Are we defently going to find out who River Song is in this Series.Or will we find out in Series 7
I believe it is this series. I don't think River will be in 7.

not in 7 has that been said? i would of thought she will be in at least 1 ep of 7, the moff keeps saying how much he loves writing for her and we still need to see more river doc adventures ;-) plus I love her ;-) if the dodgy cybus cybermen can keep reappearing then so can she ;-)

id like to see her in an ep with captain jack also, and the doc getting all protective of her and annoyed at there constant flirting lol, jack getting all excited at a 3some lol

If we truly find out who River is when she "kills a a great man" etc. then it is possible her character may no longer be available for all the fun of the fair. I've often assumed that the time when she first meets the Doctor is the time when she does her "terrible thing", which would be the final River event in his time line. Therefore if we find that out this season, she would have to disappear.

To be honest, River has been around for a while now, and most companions don't last too long. I think the writers will will want to keep the Doctor himself as the only constant through his entire run, hence why companions change, meaning everything else is changing around him. Obviously they are important (I dread the day when Amy :help: has to leave, and I fear it is fast approaching, though maybe this means Karen will be available for a showmasters event? :P ) but ultimately the show is about the Doctor

It is definately this series we find out about River. The series is split in two halves, 7 eps in the first run with a summer break and then the last 6 in the autumn at some point. We find out who River is in the 7th eps as part of a huge cliffhanger over the summer apparently!

Personally Im not sure shes his wife since she'd have to marry him the first time she meets him which would be silly, lol. Im with either the time lady idea or the horrid thought she could be him!

The thing that's just come to me, is the episode "Amy's Choice" in which there's a "dream lord" who turned out to be the doctor testing Amy and Rory. This could also imply that maybe there is a chance that the doctor could be river in disguise, as with the "dream lord" in that episode, still testing his companions.

:dance::YAHOO:

Edited by Eamane Tiwele

She could be another time agent.
That had occurred to me as well. It would be a bit of a cop out if that's the case. DavidB's idea of River being Amy's daughter is much more fun.

no no no no no, the moff wouldnt do that to us, it makes no sense the way she acts with rory and amy.

time agent, possibly or possibly involved with them some how. maybe rogue. the time agency thing always intrigued me, are they good guys sorta taking up the timelords role but more activly? why do we never see them? how do they have time travel tech?

i think when the doc meets river where its her first encounter with him she will be bad, doing bad things, he and his knowledge of her turns her to the good side as it were, what will be interesting is will this be the same time that the doc finds out who she is? ala this series? and will it be when she kills a good man?

if you really sit down and think of her timeline, it makes your head expload.

also an important thing, how did river remember the doctor (and remember his instructions to give amy the diary to remind her ) when the universe was brought back by amy at the end of the big bang? and also if the doc hadnt existed how did her diary exist? u see, mind boggoling.

Edited by timelord81r

I personally think she is connected to Donna in someway, as she was introduced in the season with Donna in and not Amy, when she met Donna she seemed a bit different with her, then she does with Amy.

Let's face it after the 'screamer' line on Saturday it can't be his daugther, mother or grandaughter (as I have read on other forums) because that would just be disturbing to say the least!!!

I really hope this storyline is a big revelation and isn't just blown over!!!

I personally think she is connected to Donna in someway, as she was introduced in the season with Donna in and not Amy, when she met Donna she seemed a bit different with her, then she does with Amy.

Let's face it after the 'screamer' line on Saturday it can't be his daugther, mother or grandaughter (as I have read on other forums) because that would just be disturbing to say the least!!!

wasnt she funny with donna at first cos she knew of donnas fate (mind wipe ect)

wasnt she funny with donna at first cos she knew of donnas fate (mind wipe ect)

I would say so yes, didn't think of that one!, but I am still convinced she hasn't got any connection with Rory and Amy. I've read so many different ideas one has to be right!