some things i feel we need to share with you

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

we are fair people and we are here to run the best events we can for all of you not just the few

this weekend we saw things that we feel are very unfair to the good people that play by the rules and because of them we will be changing the way some things are done to stop some selfish people out there from cheating the decent fair fans that attend these events .

we run these event so that they are fair and as cheep as posable so that all the fans get the chance to attend and meet the guests that attend .

now if we see people cheating and doing things to get away from not paying we will act to stop this , we do not want to have to wast out time on this but we now have no choice on this and its going to stop as one or two of you are not being nice and are being really unfair .

things we know a small group of you are doing is as follows

buying a silver pass and coping the photo op ticket and going into the photo ops for free and getting all your photos with the guests for nothing .

we know this by the amount of photos that were taken and the amount of people that went though the photo ops , next event we will have something in play that will stop you from doing this also we will catch the people doing this and we will also be able to find out the person that let you copy there slip and we will ban you from the event and from the hotel and from booking tickets ever again and that will go for your group , we also know who some of you are from this time , we have let it go this weekend but this will not happen again .

another small group did not buy tickets at all walked into the parties and also boult up grades to the executive rooms to get access to the executive lounge , and then one person gets 5 or 6 of there friends into the executive lounge , well this is going to stop , 1 we have talked to the hotel to in force this and not to sell up grades access to the lounge . also if you keep trying this we will just buy a suite and make this into a room for the guests to get away from it all and now one will get to chill with them , the guests do need to chill out , and its not for people that have not even bought tickets for the con .

we had people come up and say they lost there photo ops or autograph con book , when we know that they did not loose it , they were just trying to get another one for one of there friends that did not have a ticket in the first place , this is so unfair as fans that really have lost there ticket will now have to really prove to us so much harder now because of these selfish fans , its so wrong , we want to help people that really have lost something , we do care and we do want to help but these people damage it for everyone , we have worked out ways to stop this it will wast also or our time on this but we do now how to stop this for the people trying to do this at the next event will find out that it will no longer work , and when we catch these people and there friends we will ban the non ticket holders and the people that did buy tickets will also be banned with out a refund which we will be within out rights to do as you are taking part in counterfeiting and fraud and we could even go legal if we wanted to , we do not plan to do this but we will be banning you for life and your friends to .

thank you to a few of you that have copied us in on twitter feed and facebook messages that explain what is going on here and how one or two fans are working out how to cheat the event , you have been so help full and for the two girls that were involved this time we forgive you and than you for now helping us you know who you are , i know at the time you did not know how damaging it is to the event .

one last this on this matter , people that do this are stealing , that the end of it , you are steeling from the guests for a start as we pay them for every photo and every autograph , so if you do not pay us it just comes out of the events money and leave less for us to run the parties or pay for freebees or put it towards more guests of flights , ether way you are just stealing and thats very low , people that are doing this are just cheats and we will not tolerate this anymore , our job is to look after the fans that support us and that what we will do and stopping people from doing this is part of that job .

it really saddens me to have to come on here and say all this , and for the fans that play fair and help us by playing by the rules thank you for being good people, we will stop this unfair and nasty attitude these few people have

we also know of some other things that happened like this over the weekend and we will also be dealing with this to

if you want to let us know of anything more that you know of like this that you saw over the weekend we would really like to here from you , also if you your self are one of these 10 or so people that we know are involved if you contact us and admit to what you have done , we will let it go this time and you will get off with a warning , if you do not contact us you may not be able to book tickets next time , we have a list of names and we do not plan to just leave this at that , we know who s booking the tickets and we think we know most of the people copying the photo ops and in one or two cases we have a photo of you ? YES think about it you had your photo taken , so if you come clean and contact us we will forgive you , so we are trying to be fair let see if you are going to play fair now ?

i will leave this thread open but if you know some of these people please do not post there names on here but it would help us a lot if you could just email us on info@showmastersonlin.com

thank you for your help on this matter

jason

I'm glad to hear you're aware of these things going on. My friends silver pass was missing at the time of registration, she was issued a pass but someone had claimed her group photo of the guests when we went to collect those which made us a little suspicious. Another friend did genuinely lose her pack but she is a bit ditzy, and she was on standard without photo shoots.

Also we pay for a more expensive room so that we have access to the exec lounge and I can confirm that it was much, much busier than the last time, if people are 'cheating' to gain access this isn't fair and it does need regulating.

That's disgusting!! My daughter and me save for ages and go without other things for these cons!! I'm a student at the moment so it's really hard, but well worth it. And in the meantime these cheats are getting the same for free !!! Or more if you include the executive lounge!!

Glad to hear you are on the case and will definitely let you know if I hear anything!! Unbelievable...

id got an exec room but id paid the full amount for the room £660 not a upgrade, but i did notice alot of ppl in there wich i thought at the time was abit strange, as id never seen them in there at any other et, but i ts not fair ppl do this, especially when ppl like me and my 2 friends obey the rules, so pees me off!!!!!!! :thumbup:

I didn't see anyone doing this but if I had I would have spoken up. We ALL pay for what we get so why should a select few get away with not doing so?

I always buy extra photos with the guests as it's something you are never going to get again and I love how you sometimes get the "bad" photo that was retaken - it's a nice plus!

People need to get back to the basics of what these cons are about and pay for what they want.

I've just seen on FB about how someone got their pass stolen by someone else (and their group photo) ...so the genuine owner of the original ticket had to be issued with a copy of it. The thief had somehow gotten the real owners pass before the real owner came to registration. How will this kind of thing be prevented also?

Edited by Sci-fi Jules

that is a bit wieredcos thought u have to show id?? i had to

Yeah, so did I...someone managed to slip through the net though, as a result I'm deleting all posts with my pass number in it to be on the safe side. If anyone's quoted me with my pass number, can you delete the post please? I know it seems a bit extreme but I'd rather be safe than sorry...

that is a bit wieredcos thought u have to show id?? i had to

It was my pass that was gone. They do require ID, but someone still managed to get it. I turned up with my passport, too. Initially I thought they just forgot to print mine, easy thing to do with so many tickets, but then when my photo had been claimed I thought it was a bit odd. They issued me with a new one without any questions but it's worrying someone could just claim it. I did, however, make the mistake of posting my ticket number on a FB group...but I've seen a lot of people doing that, I didn't think at the time. I won't do it in future.

yeh i never post my con ticket number on these forums
I am sorry for pointing this out but it is the first thing that has made me laugh out loud at today - so thank you for that :whistling:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....p;#entry1595833

In case you are wondering, I didn't intentionally look for that post at first. I was led there after looking at the first line of your signature....

Just an idea to make it fair...How about making it a requirement that EVERY guest brings a passport photo with them and then make a photo Id badge as the Ticket, so the gold, Silver and Standard would have a different border and have a section the side for punching to say that you have had your autograph, photo etc and that way no one else can us your ticket etc!!

No Passport photo....no con!!

yeh i never post my con ticket number on these forums
I am sorry for pointing this out but it is the first thing that has made me laugh out loud at today - so thank you for that :smile:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....p;#entry1595833

In case you are wondering, I didn't intentionally look for that post at first. I was led there after looking at the first line of your signature....

lmao i take that back!! that was my 1st con, and i wont be doing that AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm my con number was put on after id been to et4 not b4 so that doesnt count haha but glad it made u laugh :blush::thumbup:

This saddens and baffles me..so THIS is why so many ppl wanna get executive rooms...etc.. NOT COOL ppl..NOT COOL! To steal photo ops, steal autographs, steal guests free time, steal all this and thus it makes us honest ppl having a harder time to prove IF we lost something vital for the con, and the con runners having to be perceived as "difficult" to prevent this from happening. I hope these losers who has done this are happy with themselves being so freakin selfish? Is it THAT cool to act like a thief and a loser? Find some other hobbies in your life...

For SM..I am sad to see this happened, from all you try to do this is the thanks you get form trying to keep things running smoothly. I am happy you got names for the ppl who did this. I also hope this won't happen again. I for one always play by the rules...it is just simply much easier to do, and I FEEL better doing this..do I miss out on "freebies" sure I do but dammit atleast I am not a thief!

Happy that most ppl DO follow the rules though...those are the winners and cool ppl :-D.

yeh i never post my con ticket number on these forums or face book either in any of the cons ive been too, cos u never can be too sure, but i think its just so sad that these ppl do this they really need to get a life.

:o I would never have thought about not posting my ticket number before I know i wont be doing it again in the future.

I have no idea why they would put so much effort in to being deceitful (spell check, lol) it baffles me and makes me a little sad. Surely its much easier just to be honest and if you're going to go ALL that way to a con whats another few pounds to upgrade to the pass they are ripping off surely they would have more fun that way.

Also it sucks for people genuinely loosing passes and booklets :( I know i had a couple of panic's over the weekend... im sure i looked like a crazy person tripple checking my bag every 5mins! luckly im just neurotic and everything was still there lol as im also designated photo and autograph booklet keeper for my other half too... i feel like his mom at these events lol

glad to hear something is being done, i didn't get my photo slip in my pack so had to go round the houses to prove i never had it in the first place, but after reading what others did i'm glad that you have to prove it.

on another matter there were people taking videos of the talks, myself and others reported this and yet they continued filming, everyone behind the videoer were fuming and everyone got another warning, im disappointed as i felt they should have been asked to leave, purely as the rest of us adhere by the rules set by SM/ME as it can affect future guests.

I like many others are quite angry that people are cheating the system, and understand now that stricter controls will be enforced, but i worry that this will only pose a challenge to them. ;)

I think anyone caught filming should be asked to leave the hall, punish them that way :')

I agree with this as it is breaking the rules. we discovered someone filming at ET5 and alerted a crew member and this person had over 10 mins of footage from 1 talk, the crew member told this person to stop filming but as far as i'm aware didn't ask the person to delete it.

Whereas at ET3 a crew member told a person infront of us who had been caught filming to delete the footage that was filmed even though it was only 1 or 2 mins so i definatly feel that with 10 mins of footage it should have been deleted.

So yeah i do think this should be inforced as it's not fair for the rest of us who aren't breaking the rules. :pyth: