Happy New Year everyone!

BatmanAndRonon

Happy New Year to you too. :D

I'm afraid the answer is as always: guests will be announced when contracts are signed.

That can be today, tomorrow (although if it will be any time close Wednesday is more likely because SM are still at the New Year's Celebration) or in a couple of weeks. It even could be a month or more.

Also when a guest is announced it's very likely to be only one at a time or maybe two. The conventions don't get announcements of four or five guests at once because the overall number of guests is significantly smaller. The average number of guests attending is 4 to 6.

The convention is only in late October, so it's over 9 months to go.

I'm afraid there is really no set timeframe, and sometimes the most popular guests can simply not commit that early in advance. For example Nathan Fillion is busy with Castle and I doubt the filming schedule is known that much in advance. Other guests do get work all the time and simple don't want to commit that early because they hate to cancel and disappoint their fans. At the last Stargate cons I got an autograph for a friend of mine from one of the guests. She asked where he was, I explained (he was in the US and had missed her at a previous show, so he sent me so he'd at least have an autograph) and she said to her assistant: "See, and this is why I hate to cancel."

• 2 weeks later...

hope we are going to get a first guest soon. Last year we had very few updates all year and only 4 guests up to a week before would like to see more communication this time.

I personally want these to continue for a long time to come as a huge fan but we do need to keep the interest and sales up. Most fans will not book without seeing who the guests are certainly in this economic climate.

Hope we get some news soon to give sales a boost - anyone from buffy or angel would make me very happy!

Edited by buffy2k

• Moderators

I really hope we don't get 9+ months of people asking for guests. There's really only so much that everyone can say.

ME do continually work on guests all year round. Some might sign up early, and others might not be able to say yes until nearer to the event itself. Sadly this isn't something anyone can do anything about.

It's as frustrating for them as it is for everyone else. They do want their own events to succeed after all, and they know guests shift tickets.

I just don't want the same old discussion as we have every single time. It honestly doesn't change anything. Frustrations are the same for everyone I'm afraid. We ALL want guests for every single event - fans and organisers alike.

But please can people not get all doom and gloom so many months in advance. It's very hard work having to deal with it for so long.