Craig Parker and Mark Fergy!

tenshidarkangel

Anyone who has seen them at other shows knows how FANTASTIC these guys are when there together!! They are a comedy duo who are NEARLY as funny as Dom and Billy.

PLEASE

PLEASE

PLEASE SM

No LOTRs con would be complete without Craig and Mark. They are amazing guys to meet and so funny. A Q and A session with them is never boring and a new radio play is well needed as well as the next episode of RINGWARS!!!

Who agrees???!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :thumbup:

Edited by QS to remove other event names

Well, even no longer existing cons can come back. :D

Joking aside, I don't think it has been discussed how to handle no longer existing cons. References to the one you mentioned have always been edited, that's why I edited this one.

I'd personally go by what I wrote above and make no difference between active and no longer running cons. But I will check and have the rules clarified.

Well, even no longer existing cons can come back. :o

Joking aside, I don't think it has been discussed how to handle no longer existing cons. References to the one you mentioned have always been edited, that's why I edited this one.

I'd personally go by what I wrote above and make no difference between active and no longer running cons. But I will check and have the rules clarified.

OMMM I could change SM LEGILATION!!!! WOW!! I SHALL GO DOWN IN HISTORY!!

But in all seriousness

CRAIG PARKER FTW!!! ;)

Generally I agree with the "Craig Parker for the win" part. ;)

But the checking did confirm what I thought, it is a blanket ban for just the reason I was joking about. "You never know when an event will come back."

So the rule is don't talk about other events, doesn't matter if alive or dead.

Sorry, I meant to reply to you Tuesday but got sidetracked.

As fab as these two are we need some guests that have not signed before.....Sis and i are mad LOTR fans but we have met many of the cast so many times that unless someone new...as in not done one before... comes we just can not attend.

I know peeps will harp on about.." its not all about the guests"..but when money is limited..( and this con is not cheap)...i am afraid it is.

Saying that we both have LOTR costumes we are dying to wear again. :D

As fab as these two are we need some guests that have not signed before.....Sis and i are mad LOTR fans but we have met many of the cast so many times that unless someone new...as in not done one before... comes we just can not attend.

I know peeps will harp on about.." its not all about the guests"..but when money is limited..( and this con is not cheap)...i am afraid it is.

Saying that we both have LOTR costumes we are dying to wear again. :D

Completely agree with that. I met Craig Parker as Collectormania(and am not really too interested in meeting Mark Ferguson) and enjoyed meeting him, as I did other LOTR guests, but i've no particular desire to meet him again. If he was announced it wouldn't entice me to buy a ticket at all. Indeed i've met John and Sala before so the guest list so far isn't enough to get me to buy a ticket. I would need at least a couple of big guests that have never done one before, in addition to a couple more(at least) previous guests like Billy Boyd who i just missed last time, or Sean Astin who i'd love to see back

• Moderators

I hope that quite a few people will be encouraged to come by the guests we have already, as it has been quite a while since they have been here, and there's plenty more to get signed etc. Plus with the nostalgia factor etc, hopefully this will be a success.

I certainly understand how there will be some that only want first timers, or ones they've never met, and who knows what we'll end up with .. but I certainly hope a fair amount will get tickets based on what we have at the moment. It'll be so good to have a LOTR event again.

I agree with you....it would be so good to have this event.

But when you have met the guest that have been announced so far 3 or 4 times what on earth is there left to be signed.

I so want to come to this but do i want to pay for something i do not want.

There has to be at least one first time signer. :D

i've met john once but sala and jed i've met a few times, but it's been so long since i did, 7 years i think that i'm dying to see the old crew again. aka craig , mark, jorn, jarl, sala n co as well as some newbies oooooo n paul who played the mouth of sauron he's a legend. lol.

Gotta say, regarding Craig Parker...I've seen him ooooh, 4 times....and he is a guest that I would definitely book again to see. I'd book JUST to see him, lol! He is excellent value for money, entertaining on stage, funny, and very friendly with the fans. He gives good hugs! Myself and my friend will be keeping an eye on things, and if he is announced, we'd book in a heartbeat.

Gotta say, regarding Craig Parker...I've seen him ooooh, 4 times....and he is a guest that I would definitely book again to see. I'd book JUST to see him, lol! He is excellent value for money, entertaining on stage, funny, and very friendly with the fans. He gives good hugs! Myself and my friend will be keeping an eye on things, and if he is announced, we'd book in a heartbeat.

This!! :P I think I can safely say this counts for me and my friend too :P

this is very true, my fella has only met john rhys davies, whereas my making of the trilogy books inner cover is signed to death by the cast. lol. anyway they make fab party guests so meh i'm waaay up for any cast members turning up. lol.

With this whole 'Oh I've met them before, get someone new' argument, what you have to remember is there are people coming who haven't met anyone, so argument is invalid :)

I get where you are coming from but what about the hundreds who have met loads of the cast...loads of times...Can we at least have some hope for a newbie signer.

Just one good one will have me going...even if i do not want or need the announced guests auto's. :D

Can we at least have some hope for a newbie signer.

Yes, you absolutely can. Jason posted that a couple of days ago:

we are going to work on some first timer guests from now one some guests we have tried to get in the past or some of the rare guest we have worked with in the past but these guest will be the hard ones and it will take some time but we have months before the con , but we have started working on these already and its looking good , some may not agree to it till nearer the time of the show but we just wanted you all to know we are working on this ;)

Sounds good to me. :D

With this whole 'Oh I've met them before, get someone new' argument, what you have to remember is there are people coming who haven't met anyone, so argument is invalid :)

And there are people NOT coming so far BECAUSE they've met them

The arguement isn't exactly invalid. It's quite simple, get someone like Craig Parker, loads of people have already met him, get someone like Billy Boyd, quite a few people have already met him but he'd be popular and his last appearance was a long time ago, and he was main cast. Get someone like Sean Bean and the convention would sell out. It's a no brainer really. People might like guys like Craig Parker, but to me he's just an average guest from LOTR, and he HAS done events in the past that lots of people met him at, including myself, and don't get me wrong I enjoyed meeting him but i've no desire to meet him again really, so it'd be wiser i'd think to try for the rarer ones. Then you're going to appeal to everyone as there's less chance that anyone has met them

Edited by JacknDaniel

No offense with the get new people ....people. XP

But at the end of the day there will always be guests who repeat ive met dom and billy and john (dom and Billy being the two who most people seem to want to meet) I really dont care your not going to please everyone but what i do know is these two are amazing fun and you always have a great laugh with them. That for me is what makes these experiences more memorable. I would pay to see them again in a heart beat (along with the 3 already mentioned) Yes id like new guests to complete my sigs but i dont have a bad word to say about craig or Mark what so ever and really made my 16th birthday special. (I am now 21 and much older! XP)

And (just a quick edit) This is to volunteer ideas for guests doesnt mean for defo i was just putting it out there that they are amazing guys and really good with fans which is important. (to me at least)

Edited by arwenandlegolas