Series 6 - including spoilers

timelord81r

I plan to do episode threads once they are about to and have aired, though I may end up talking to myself lol, there seems to be only a handful of us active on here, looking at past discussions before my time it was full of ppl, were they all tennant fan boys/girls lol ;-)

though to be fair ive only recently become more active on the who section aside post ur pics ;-)

the opening post states post spoilers here! is there another way to do such a spoiler thread? if you are able to edit the thread topic from series 6 to say series 6 (spoilers) then go ahead, but the first post which I update says spoilers. up to you dude.
I've changed the title to make people more aware.

cool

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

To be honest, I'm more likely (and maybe others too) to click last post, rather than reading an entire thread, so I did miss your original post sorry ;)

No harm done. Just thought it'll be helpful for the future, just in case :D

To be honest, I'm more likely (and maybe others too) to click last post, rather than reading an entire thread, so I did miss your original post sorry ;)

No harm done. Just thought it'll be helpful for the future, just in case :D

good point, I was trying to update the first post as I went along also so there was one post with it all on. but yer most ppl do click last post first.

oh no, that stupid cyberleader from the next doctor is to make a reappearance, the one where they stuck some piece of black plastic on his eyes and nose. sigh

really with they would do a redesign but at least not use the more silly aspects like the super massive guns, which should weigh a tone but are as light as a feather, oh wait, there back with the cybermen also, sigh/face palm

pic form the new radio times confirms all this :-( mid season cliffhanger

Yeah it's funny how cyborgs make holding heavy objects seem easy :WAVE:

i mean when humans handle them, like micky and rose? and the fact almost all new who guns look plastic, look at rivers. look at that even bigger piece of nonsense the doc held in dalek in series1 or that little thing in waters of mars, plastic with a light bulb. visibly so like a toy.

and why do they need such massive guns that dont do much lol

Edited by timelord81r

But you're saying you don't like big ones, you don't like little ones, you don't like the fact they look cheap?

It would have looked a bit daft if the Doctor had walked up to the Dalek in Dalek with a small handgun that looked like it wouldnt do the job.

All that aside, I would like to see the Cybermen carry guns akin to the Silver Nemesis ones again

specifically I dont like em looking cheap or fake which almost all new who guns do.

regarding size, i just think massive guns especially for cybermen are not needed. but maybe im just too old school?

i quite liked the 80 cyber guns and the head blasters thay came before them, guns from classic who seem to look far more convincing than most guns in new who, that waters of mars one looked like a 5 year olds water pistol.

the dalek gun, what so only big could of killed it? thats rather simplistic thinking on the scripts part if thats why it was big. but regardless of big, it looked fake. thats my big issue.

like the new sontarens, they looked liked toys, the originals looked far more convincing, now with all the tech that is now available in the many years since they should be able to come up with better monster costumes IMO.

saying this I thought series 5 and the looks of it 6 are doing much better with there creature make up. and much better with location and sets, in RTD who the production seemed lazy to me, it seemed like ok here is an old factory, stick some purple lights up and a control desk and they you go a sontaren ship. and they would use the same locations just with a different light lol for various eps.

I was thankful that in series 5 they used better sets and better use of locations, (time of angels 2 parter springs to mind)

With regards to your point about big guns only doing big damage, of course I don't assume that, but the show is made these days for the average person. It wouldn't have looked very convincing to most people if the Dalek goes around for the entire episode killing everyone with no one able to stop it, and then The Doctor walks up to it at the end with a gun that fits in his hand and destroys it. You'd have even more people saying 'how did he destroy the Dalek with that tiny gun!? It looked so unbelievable!' It's meant to convey that he's holding in his hands something with huge destructive power.

With regards to everything else you say, suffice to say I prefer and always will prefer older Who, but I wouldnt be anywhere near as critical about things as you are. I think a lot of a show is down to imagination. If someone is holding a gun prop, I believe in the show that it is a gun, if its a big gun, i believe it's a powerful gun. If there's a man in a silver suit and cling film over it and a sock over his head with a light ontop, I believe it's a freaky ass Cyberman. If it's a good story with good acting I can always look past effects or props or anything else that may not seem like the greatest design on the planet. There's a chance by the time we've colonised Mars that there may be a gun designed like that, no? You see the amount of different designs of things around in society today, some are incredible and slick, some are cheap looking and nasty. anythings possible.

I'd say the only thing I've really been majorly disappointed about since the show came back is the re-design of the Silurians and the fact that, so far anyway, the only Cybermen that have been used are the alternate universe ones. Oh yeah, and anti-plastic but I can forgive that cause I was still amazed when watching it that the show was actually back on tv.

Edited by JacknDaniel

Yeah it's funny how cyborgs make holding heavy objects seem easy ;)

i mean when humans handle them, like micky and rose? and the fact almost all new who guns look plastic, look at rivers. look at that even bigger piece of nonsense the doc held in dalek in series1 or that little thing in waters of mars, plastic with a light bulb. visibly so like a toy.

Merchandise sales!

Timelord8lr - you seem to forget that Moff had input when RTD was at the helm. He is not just someone new on the block. They wrote individual episodes, but still worked as a team. What you criticise Russell for, you are also knocking the Moff.

Yeah it's funny how cyborgs make holding heavy objects seem easy ;)

Merchandise sales!

Timelord8lr - you seem to forget that Moff had input when RTD was at the helm. He is not just someone new on the block. They wrote individual episodes, but still worked as a team. What you criticise Russell for, you are also knocking the Moff.

lol do they actually sell those stupid big guns? might have to go buy me one of those lol

lol they worked as a team? please. RTD (openly said) he re wrote at least half of what was written by other writers. it was his show. his bible. his end game. much like it is now with the moff. though how much he re writes I have no idea. but its not like an american round table of writers like in friends or simpsons or what have u.

not that the moff is untouchable but what part do you see as both being responsible for?

• 3 months later...

new trailer and image are pretty good! see post 1

Tennant at 41 seconds ?

what the dude looking up as beamed (looks like) away? na thats just a bridge crew member form the earlier trek shot bridge crew from what I can tell.

who is firing the gun? who is churchill about to unload some lead into? very hard to tell from the quick cutting.

very interesting,

the amy, rory fighting the robots, reminded me a bit of celestial toymaker and mind robber, had that vide to it, amy with a sword and bit of armour, they seem to be fighting making there way through something against robots? slo mo also, very cool ;-)

still not all that happy the cybus design cybermen are still in it and also, under the moff the cybermen this series are a bit useless arnt they, getting there ass kicked all over the shop, in this trailer there all mashed up or being blown up lol, though he is using them as in how they are shot and what they can do much better than in RTD era cyber eps.

lots of eye patches, i counted 3!