Series 6 - including spoilers

timelord81r

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok yer i wrote both saying the same thing, so whats wrong with that?

I like her delivery, aside the spoilers stuff which annoys me (not as bad as alonsey but in the same league lol)

i dont know if moff has ever said that, perhaps, i cant remember, maybe not, but yer thats what I think that he has written her that way

I asked as you stated that he had written it that way, but then said you think he write it that way.

I was just asking if he had confirmed this in a interview or something.

I have never really liked Kingston's acting. I find the way she delivers her line is like her saying the show should be called RIVER SONG and not DOCTOR WHO. I am glad when she is not in an episode. And YES, saying SPOILERS is her worst point!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bul...s%20Corden_Back

hummm, my reaction on reading this was :headscratch::thumbdown::headscratch::huh:

not sure, I think its interesting if they follow up the tardis looking ship from the lodger but does james need to bethere, never been a big fan, sometimes hes ok. not sure what to think about this news, feels a bit lazy somehow.

hummm, my reaction on reading this was :headscratch::D:D :P

not sure, I think its interesting if they follow up the tardis looking ship from the lodger but does james need to bethere, never been a big fan, sometimes hes ok. not sure what to think about this news, feels a bit lazy somehow.

This is where personal taste comes in to it. You love River Song, but I really do not like the character, the portrayal or the direction of the character. I find her drawn out. Likewise, you do not like the character portrayed by James Corden. I found his ordinary bloke style very amiable and not out of this world. His portrayal was not "mugging it up" to the camera as Kingston comes across as doing. It will be interesting to see what they do with him.

hummm, my reaction on reading this was :headscratch::D:headscratch: ;)

This is where personal taste comes in to it. You love River Song, but I really do not like the character, the portrayal or the direction of the character. I find her drawn out. Likewise, you do not like the character portrayed by James Corden. I found his ordinary bloke style very amiable and not out of this world. His portrayal was not "mugging it up" to the camera as Kingston comes across as doing. It will be interesting to see what they do with him.

haha you hate me love me love you hate, others could meassure a series by our posts lol

to be fair his character and the episode were alright, though not sure i liked the footie stuff. but im just not the biggest corden fan, the spat with patrick stewert didnt help either lol

hummm, my reaction on reading this was :headscratch::whistling::headscratch::thumbup:

haha you hate me love me love you hate, others could meassure a series by our posts lol

to be fair his character and the episode were alright, though not sure i liked the footie stuff. but im just not the biggest corden fan, the spat with patrick stewert didnt help either lol

I might be a minority here but I quite enjoyed both characters, thought they were both quite interesting.

My dislike for Kingston's way of acting has been around for many many years. It is not bad. She has given many great friendly interviews. It is just her method of acting that I personally do not enjoy. That is not a bad thing, or saying she is a bad actress. She just does not connect with me personally. If you think it about timelord8lr, I adore the acting talents of DT and writing of RTD, but you prefer MS and SM. It is just down to personal tastes.

first post has been updated with some new images links, newish costume, I like it, new bigger coat, perhaps a waist coat? form the later half of the series I think in the james cordon lodger2 episode

and are the cybermats back?

episode 1&2 titles "The Impossible Astronaut" and "Day of the Moon".

I love the impossible astronaut but day of the moon? not sure about that one, really wish they would go back to parts one and 2, part 1 titles are much better than part 2 titles in new who, generally anyway

Edited by timelord81r

• 2 weeks later...

Full on geek spasming round my bedroom, epic :wub:

wasnt it just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

especially the end, what music, what a scene, slow mo amy shooting doc shouting no, amy yelp/scream.

and that voice, who could it be whos killed hundreds of timelords? omega? the master?

anyone notice tens tardis? I hear it might be a secondary control room, or i heard there would be one, now in the trailer we see tens tardis!

also near the end when the awesome bit of the music kicks in u see the doc swirling in the lodger tardis with his sonic facing to camera in a sort of harry potter wand fighting pose, at the start of the trailer you see river spinning away from camera in a very similar pose with a red gun or sonic, could they be fighting?

my my, that was I think the best who trailer since it returned, some of series 5 were brill this has taken it up a notch,

one of the things ive loved about moffs who is its imagination, so much more than RTD years, this trailer is chock full of that and has a hinchclife/holmes style era horror feel to it. it would seem. great stuff

something interesting from the dvd release details

"The Doctor returns, alongside newly weds Amy and Rory, to face monsters and mysteries and adventures all across time and space, in a thrilling new series of Doctor Who. Together they'll find themselves in sixties America, battling the invasion the world forgot, then journey on the high seas of 1696 aboard a pirate ship, to solve the mystery of the Siren.

In a bubble universe at the very edge of reality, the Doctor will meet an old friend with a new face, and in a monastery on a remote island in the near future, an industrial accident will take on a terrible human shape. And waiting for them, at the end of all this, is the battle of Demon's Run, and the Doctor's darkest hour. Can even the truth about River Song save the Time Lord's soul?

Only two things are certain. Silence will fall. And a good man is going to die..."

• Moderators

Do you want me to turn this into a spoiler thread?

Not sure all series 6 discussion should go in the same topic, like personally I'm happy about talking about the trailers etc, but I don't want to know certain stuff.

Either that or we need spoilers marked. So what would be best? :P

Do you want me to turn this into a spoiler thread?

Not sure all series 6 discussion should go in the same topic, like personally I'm happy about talking about the trailers etc, but I don't want to know certain stuff.

Either that or we need spoilers marked. So what would be best? :P

the opening post states post spoilers here! is there another way to do such a spoiler thread? if you are able to edit the thread topic from series 6 to say series 6 (spoilers) then go ahead, but the first post which I update says spoilers. up to you dude.

Edited by timelord81r

the opening post states post spoilers here! is there another way to do such a spoiler thread? if you are able to edit the thread topic from series 6 to say series 6 (spoilers) then go ahead, but the first post which I update says spoilers. up to you dude.
I've changed the title to make people more aware.