Date for Chevron 7.6

Massive Events

Oh well thats that one out then for me, as its the same weekend as another convention which was announced months ago im already going too!

Exactly my situation!...why organisers can't talk to each other/work together, I'll never know.

But never mind - hope the event is a success but i definately won't be able to make it.

I know which one I would rather do.

Oh well thats that one out then for me, as its the same weekend as another convention which was announced months ago im already going too!

Exactly my situation!...why organisers can't talk to each other/work together, I'll never know.

For all you know thy have.

"Hi, I'm trying to organise an event about Show X, and I'm trying to get Big Guest A, and it's looking very positive, but he can only make the weekend that you already have your event about Show Y. Is there any way we could come to an arrangement about you moving dates?"

"No because I've already got Big Guest B who can only make that weekend or the weekend before, and Pretty Big Guest C who can only make that weekend or the weekend after. This is the only weekend I can get both - if I move dates I'll lose one or both of them. I can't move, so I won't. Can't you?"

"No because that really is the only weekend that Big Guest A can do, so I can't move either."

• Moderators

Hi can someone help me i may come to the chevron 7.6 next yesr but will bring my husband with me.Would we both have to buy programmes even if he is only coming with me and not getting autographs.Not sure how it would work.

If he's going to come into any of the convention areas (which include the dealers' room and the parties) then he'll need a ticket. If he's just staying in the hotel with you, he won't.

Hi can someone help me i may come to the chevron 7.6 next yesr but will bring my husband with me.Would we both have to buy programmes even if he is only coming with me and not getting autographs.Not sure how it would work.

If he's going to come into any of the convention areas (which include the dealers' room and the parties) then he'll need a ticket. If he's just staying in the hotel with you, he won't.

Thanks for the answer now i know i will have to buy him a ticket.

But never mind - hope the event is a success but i definately won't be able to make it.

I know which one I would rather do.

You tease !!

• Moderators

It's been well documented that Jason has tried to work with a few organisers in the past, and more often than not it hasn't worked.

Unfortunate but each organiser has to have their own priorities as Tommy said above.

There will always be some clashes - after all mid season breaks from filming etc will all be around the same time, so actors will be more available at these times.

It's more noticeable now that ME/SM's have increased the number of events over the past 2 years or so. Due to this it's pretty impossible that there won't be some clashes.

We would all moan if there were not enough events to choose from, so guess it's a catch 22 situation.

At least by already having purchased tickets, i'll be spared the 'which one to go to' decision which many who are fans of different shows will face this coming May.

this is very bad news for me, A - may is choka full of cons, far to many and B - its on the same weekend as something else which is looking very impressive. which means that without RDA ill proberly be out where as if it didnt clash id most likely be in! shame, I thought early in the year chevrons were like in april?

Lol, I know exactly what you're on about. It's such a shame we are forced to chose. Luckily I have already met a few of those good guests so I'm interested in what Chevron has to offer.