SKY MOVIES ULTIMATE FILM QUIZ at Collectormania London

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

The Entertainment Media Show Announce the Sky Movies Ultimate Film Quiz to this years event

Mark-Dolan-on-set-e1283863706162.jpg

logo-totalfilm.jpglogo-5.gifHUG_logo_2010-2_square_facebook_bigger.jpgSFX_logo.jpg

On Sunday 28th November,

Sky Movies will separate the film buffs from the bluffs in the ‘Sky Movies Ultimate Film Quiz’, which will see the cream of the UK’s movie media compete against each other at the Entertainment Media Show at the show on Sunday

Mainstream movie news outlets Empire, HeyUGuys movie blog, SFX and Total Film will participate in a ‘University Challenge’ style quiz in a bid to be crowned the ‘Sky Movies Ultimate Film Quiz’ champions.

Hosted by Mark Dolan, presenter of Sky Movies movie show 35mm, the event will feature an audio-visual quiz format and will have the four teams compete against each other in buzzer style play. Each team will be led by a celebrity guest captain and, while one team will walk away victorious, audience members can win prizes at the event, including a Sky + HD box set with free one year subscription to Sky TV.

All movies featured in the Sky Movies Ultimate Film Quiz are available to view on Sky Movies/HD, which airs over 450 uninterrupted movies a week across the service’s 12 channels.

hope to see you there!!! :D:P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

this will be a great and fun thing to do over the sunday tickets will be given out out side of the talk zone A and on the organizer booth

you could win a SKY box and there maybe more on the day " say no more " :WAVE:

but if you do not get a ticket then you will not get in so do not forget to get your free ticket at the show

the guests that are taking part in the quiz will go up on the day

see you all soon

jason :YAHOO:

This was great, I really enjoyed it.

I was amazed at myself that I could answer about half of them lol.

Empire magazine won in the end.

They were tied at I think 120 (not too sure, was going to take a picture of the final scores but forgot but it was 100 something lol) with SFX but Empire Magazine got it on the last question.

Just my thoughts but when I first saw this announcement it made me wonder why it was a quiz for non-attendees? Is there really any joy in watching other people talk about their knowledge of films? We get to watch some magazine honchos battle it out like a regular TV game-show then I guess.

In an event like this I'd have thought something interactive that the audience could take part in would have been more suitable with prizes for us like the quiz that a certain other UK con does/did.

I didnt see this quiz but hope it was fun anyway for those watching. Just my thoghts.

? Is there really any joy in watching other people talk about their knowledge of films? We get to watch some magazine honchos battle it out like a regular TV game-show then I guess.

For me and my friends, this was the joy of it - watching people whose job it is to know about films battling against each other.

In the end, I'll admit it did seem to drag on, and Mark Dolan didn't do himself any favours by ripping into the fanboy-culture as much as he did (first joke - funny. After that - alienate your audience why dontcha...), but all in all it was fun and interesting.

But, yes, there was some frustration at not being able to join in. Maybe that's something that could be worked on for next time - as well as/instead of having a celebrity on each team, maybe have a lucky attendee... anyone who attends the quiz gets a ticket with a number on, and 4 lucky numbers are called at the start (kinda like the Price Is Right) to join the teams.

But I'm glad Empire won - you don't try to out-knowledge Kim Newman!

Mark Dolan didn't do himself any favours by ripping into the fanboy-culture as much as he did

Like he's one to talk. Jesus.

He agreed to partake in fanboy-culture by not only agreeing to attend a con but also make a living out of presenting/writing about films thererby making it his life. If it wasnt for his job he'd still have a passion for film just like the rest of us....just cos he gets paid and we dont doesnt make him any different.

If he's a film buff (with loads of film knowledge) then he's a geek. No point in self-denial.

Edited by nicky

It did seem to take a while to get to the end, especially with the break in the middle - would of been better to maybe have individual questions to get the guests involved.

The lighting was very poor.

But worth the try and maybe any feedback can be taken on board to improve it in the future.