Groups and Photoshoot Question

Orangepeel

I am not sure how this works, will we be told when we get there when we will get our auto's and i am only standard so i need to buy a photoshoot ticket i am guessing?

Can i do that Friday?

And how will i know what day i can get my photo took? Or do i just need to stand around and wait? do we go in groups or something. I am not great at standing around, i tend to get a little nervous. Whilst i don't mind doing this once it is my turn etc. I like to know what i am doing or i can get a little freaked out!

Thank you!

I am also standard this year so I will have to purchase autograph tickets which I have never had to do before but I think they are available to buy on the Friday.

As for autos you will be called in groups, you will have a number (last year it was on the back of your pass) and on the schedule it will tell you the time of your autograph. I'm guessing this will be the same for photo tickets that you will have a number on it and you go when your group is called.

Sometimes there is a bit of waiting, most of the time it will be in a queue, but after that you tend to go on to another auto/photo.

This is all I can tell you but someone else can probably help you more.

Yes, for standard you need to purchase photo shoot tickets. I have never purchased any on the Friday but I imagine they will be available at/near the reg desk.

You will be allocated a group based upon your ticket number. When the schedule is put up (by Friday I would expect)you will be able to see what times your group will be called to each auto/photo session.

Borrowed from Too Tall's "How Thing Work" faq for a more detailed reply

Photo shoots and Autographs: You are called for each guest separately in your groups. When your group is actually called the crew will call out your group number. Also the big sheets at the end of the autograph queues, outside the main hall and outside the photo shoots will be updated to let you know your group has been called.

Don’t worry, with both photo shoots and autographs you can never miss your turn. Once your group has been called for a guest you can join that guest’s queue any time after that, even wait until Sunday if necessary. But please don't miss the end of the session on Sunday!

We've done our best to sort out the schedule so you don't get called to be in two places at once, but ultimately it is impossible to get it 100% right due to different guests going at different speeds. So if you do find yourself being called for both an autograph and a photo shoot at the same time, go to the photo shoot first. If you find yourself being called for 2 photo shoots at the same time, please let the crew in the photo shoots know. They can then make sure the photographer and guest in your second shoot know you are still to come through.

I am also standard this year so I will have to purchase autograph tickets which I have never had to do before but I think they are available to buy on the Friday.

As for autos you will be called in groups, you will have a number (last year it was on the back of your pass) and on the schedule it will tell you the time of your autograph. I'm guessing this will be the same for photo tickets that you will have a number on it and you go when your group is called.

Sometimes there is a bit of waiting, most of the time it will be in a queue, but after that you tend to go on to another auto/photo.

This is all I can tell you but someone else can probably help you more.

As a standard we get auto tickets tho right? as part of the price that is what i thought. And we need to buy the photo shoots?

• Moderators

Yeah, all groups, including standard groups, have times in the schedule to go to both autographs and photoshoots. The times are not 'set in stone' as it were, as everything depends on how quickly individual guests get through things, but they give you an indication as to when your group will be called for things.

There will be a place, usually near or at the registration desk, where you can buy photoshoot tickets from the time registration starts on Friday afternoon.

There will probably (hopefully) be a schedule up tomorrow sometime that will let you know what days/times you'll be doing things.

Yeah, all groups, including standard groups, have times in the schedule to go to both autographs and photoshoots. The times are not 'set in stone' as it were, as everything depends on how quickly individual guests get through things, but they give you an indication as to when your group will be called for things.

There will be a place, usually near or at the registration desk, where you can buy photoshoot tickets from the time registration starts on Friday afternoon.

There will probably (hopefully) be a schedule up tomorrow sometime that will let you know what days/times you'll be doing things.

But we won't know what number we are till we get the ticket on Friday right?

I am so confused. I am so going to mess this all up i think and miss my turn or something :(

you should know what number you are from your ticket, thatnumber will link into a group number which will be shown on the schedule wen they post it up, which id say wud be tonight or tomorrow at the latest so its then when u know what group number u are.. if u buy a photoshoot ticket u just go to it wen ur ggroups photos r :)

I am so confused. What ticket number? the thing i was sent through the post, that wasn't a ticket right?

And if i am buying the photo shoot it will not be linked to my ticket number right?

The registration letter shows your ticket number at the top - "Your RegistrationTicket Number is.....". In your case it will show "ST" and a number. You hand this letter in when you arrive and you will be given your pass with the ticket number displayed (and your group)

The group number (or letter) you are allocated to will dictate when your photoshoots/auto times are. For example. Gold tickets 1-30 may be gin roup A. Gold 31-60 group B....and so on. On the schedule, Group A may have photoshoot with Jewel Staite at 9am. Also at 9am Group B may be called up to get their autographs from Anthony Stewart Head. It works so that each group gets auto/photo time allocated at different times with each guest.

Don't worry it works a lot easier than it is too explain! You can also ask anyone else who is there if you are unsure. Crew or other attendees

Edited by 1of2

I am so confused. What ticket number? the thing i was sent through the post, that wasn't a ticket right?

And if i am buying the photo shoot it will not be linked to my ticket number right?

When you buy a ticket for a photo, that will just be a little piece of paper you give the photographer, it won't have a number on it, as far as I know, only the name of the guest you want to take your photo with is on the "photo ticket". But to know when to take your photo you have to look after the group that 1of2 talks about is on the schedule.

sorry 1of2, didn't see you had written a reply before I posted mine, so I edited mine to go better with yours...

Edited by ciccigirl2002

Last year they posted on the forum the group numbers for example people with tickets G1- G50 are in group 1. There will then be a schedule which will be up around the con halls plus you'll get one in your Reg pack. It will have times for each group numbers.

In the reg pack you will also get a con book, on the back of the con book you will have your autograph vouchers. When you're called for an autograph and get to the table, you hand your con book to the member of ME they will then mark it off you have had a auto from that guest.

No need to worry there will be plenty of people from ME that are there to help you plus any of the con-goers will help you out.

sorry 1of2, didn't see you had written a reply before I posted mine, so I edited mine to go better with yours...
I think with something like this the more explanations the better. It is a great system and works very well but possibly can be a bit daunting for someone who has not experienced it for the first time Edited by 1of2

when you come to the convention, go to the convention registration desk (not the hotel one) and hand in the registration letter you should have received in the post.

You should also have photo ID with you too so that we know it is actually you.

Then you will be given your convention pack and your pass with your ticket number and group number on.

In your convention pack will be a copy of the schedule (which should be posted on here very shortly), it will have the names of the guests and times along the top and lots of different letters which refer to the groups everyone is in. Grab a pen or a highlighter and mark your letter wherever it appears so that you know where you are supposed to be and when. (See the example below for how to read it if you are in group o)

etschedulehelp.jpg

Standards will have autographs from each guest automatically included in their pack printed on the back of your con programme/booklet. Dont forget to take this with you as they will have to send you back to your room to collect it. You cannot collect your autographs without it. (silver and gold will have a photograph voucher in their pack that will be initialled each time you present it to a crew member for each guests photo session - same with that, no voucher, no photo, so make sure you have it on you)

Standards can purchase photoshoot vouchers from the Registration desk for the prices listed in the recent post. These will just have the guests name on and you hand them in when you go for your photoshoot (even though you are standard they will still have given you an allocated time slot for a photoshoot on your timetable in case you would like to purchase one)

Hope that helps.

Dont forget, there is someone on reg desk all day saturday and sunday and from 2pm onwards on Friday, so if you are stuck, please dont be afraid to ask anyone at Reg desk, or any crew wearing red tshirts :(

Hope you have a great time :D

Edited by Rhianydd

I think with something like this the more explanations the better. It is a great system and works very well but possibly can be a bit daunting for someone who has not experienced it for the first time

Thanks for that, definitely more help better than none. New people are just as important as regulars, so we want you all to feel comfortable and at home at the cons with the rest of us :(

I circled loads of schedules for people on Saturday at ET4 :D

ps I always do that, take ages to type something when everyone else has already replied lol

If I think of anything else useful, I will post it, in the meantime, dont be afraid to ask.

At the very worst, all photos and autos are normally in the morning (so keep your programme and photo vouchers with you) and talks and guest encounters in the afternoon, parties in the evening :D

I think with something like this the more explanations the better. It is a great system and works very well but possibly can be a bit daunting for someone who has not experienced it for the first time

Thanks for that, definitely more help better than none. New people are just as important as regulars, so we want you all to feel comfortable and at home at the cons with the rest of us :(

I circled loads of schedules for people on Saturday at ET4 :D

ps I always do that, take ages to type something when everyone else has already replied lol

If I think of anything else useful, I will post it, in the meantime, dont be afraid to ask.

At the very worst, all photos and autos are normally in the morning (so keep your programme and photo vouchers with you) and talks and guest encounters in the afternoon, parties in the evening :D

Thank you, i am still a little confused. But i am sure i will work it out when i get there i hope. If not i will be the person walking around looking a bit lost and confused, lol with no photos or auto's as i have no idea what i am doing, lol

i'm sure you wont be the only one looking lost. its my first ME con too so totally new to this whole group number thing.

as far as i understand you get a group number depending on your ticket number (i think groups are in batches of 30 or 50) then you find out what time your group number has autos and photos and just turn up at those times.

(so f.ex whilst one group has photos with jewel another group gets autos with alan etc)

• Moderators

There are usually big posters up around the place that get marked off as the groups get called in for each thing - and you can't miss your slot. If your group was called at 9am, you can go get the auto at 10am as long as that guest is still signing! (Similar with photoshoots, although more limited time obviously as they only do photos for a set amount of time.)

So you can go look at the lists and if your group has been ticked off and you don't have that auto/photo yet, you can go queue!

It really isn't that complicated in practice. And remember there will be 29 other people (usually groups of 30) going to all the same places at the same times as you, so if you get stuck, find someone in your group who looks like they know what they're doing and they'll be able to point you in the right direction. (Or a crew member, obviously.)

i'm sure you wont be the only one looking lost. its my first ME con too so totally new to this whole group number thing.

as far as i understand you get a group number depending on your ticket number (i think groups are in batches of 30 or 50) then you find out what time your group number has autos and photos and just turn up at those times.

(so f.ex whilst one group has photos with jewel another group gets autos with alan etc)

You understand fine :D . Just to expand slightly. The times listed are approximates adn some things can run late sometimes. There are usually announcements (verbal and signage) in the general photoshoot and autograph area so just keep you ears/eyes open and ask if you are unsure.

Also while generally it is best to attend the photoshoot when your group is called, in the case of the autographs you can go at any point after your group has been called (well until the autographs session are over that is!).

Edit: I give up! Everyone types faster than me :D

Edited by 1of2

Thanks for that, definitely more help better than none. New people are just as important as regulars, so we want you all to feel comfortable and at home at the cons with the rest of us :P

I circled loads of schedules for people on Saturday at ET4 :YAHOO:

At the very worst, all photos and autos are normally in the morning (so keep your programme and photo vouchers with you) and talks and guest encounters in the afternoon, parties in the evening :YAHOO:

Thank you, i am still a little confused. But i am sure i will work it out when i get there i hope. If not i will be the person walking around looking a bit lost and confused, lol with no photos or auto's as i have no idea what i am doing, lol

don't panic my dear i won't let you miss anything :YAHOO: see ya friday :D