Photos at the desk question

Glowingwings

I was just wondering can you take photos at the table while they are signing, I'm getting Christopher Judge to sign a Stargate DVD for my friend for Christmas and I thought it'd be nice if I could have a photo in a frame of him signing the boxset. It will probably just be my friend with my mobile.

I was just wondering if this is allowed.

Edited by Glowingwings

Like I said above, nothing can be guaranteed until upon the day, sorry.

Unless it is a ridiculously busy guest like William Shatner a photo of the guest signing is usually okay.

But there may be circumstances that make a strict "no photos" rule go into effect.

May be as simple as the guest having a migraine or something like that.

I've had table pics with pretty much everyone i've bought n autograph off although some guests can and will refuse as it's probably not in thier contract and therefore they have a right to refuse which you have to respect. There usually is signs saying if they wont but if not a polite request will tell you either way. I'd go thinking they will decliine but if they do agree to pose its an added bonus!

:YAHOO:

I've had table pics with pretty much everyone i've bought n autograph off although some guests can and will refuse as it's probably not in thier contract and therefore they have a right to refuse which you have to respect. There usually is signs saying if they wont but if not a polite request will tell you either way. I'd go thinking they will decliine but if they do agree to pose its an added bonus!

:YAHOO:

And asking even though there are signs put the guest/crew in an incredibly awkward position. Because it's then up to the crew to be the bad guy and tell you no. It's particularly unfair on all the other attendees who see the sign (that is normally requested by the guests themselves or the agents) and respect it.

I've had a few taken at LFCC, Kristanna Loken loved chatting with guests and posing for a table photo. and I've known others to have "No Photos" on the wall behind them to make sure those in the queue got the message. If in doubt, ask!

:thumbup:

And asking even though there are signs put the guest/crew in an incredibly awkward position. Because it's then up to the crew to be the bad guy and tell you no. It's particularly unfair on all the other attendees who see the sign (that is normally requested by the guests themselves or the agents) and respect it.

I'm not sure thats what he meant, I think it was more a case of, if there is no sign then its worth asking but you are best assuming no then if you get one its a bonus.

:D

I'm not sure thats what he meant, I think it was more a case of, if there is no sign then its worth asking but you are best assuming no then if you get one its a bonus.

What I meant if there is a no posed sign up it's a definate no but if not it's still polite to ask. Also not to plan to get one but if you do then its a bonus.

:smile: