Nicky B

Charlie Aome

will be getting the special group shot or somthing like a couple of the other cons did? i remember jason saying at the auction about there WOULD be 6 guests and i know im not the only who remembers it, so i was just wondering if we dont get anymore wud we get a group shot or somthing to make up for it? not wanting to cause a fuss just a question..

Your not the only one that remembers hearing that they would try for 6 guests. Last year we had 5 and even then there was large gaps with nothing to do on the sunday till the talks started.

Im not wanting to cause trouble but the lack of guests or fingers crossed the last minute in signing ones still to be anncouned. If this is the final line up, it be better if ME just told us.

will be getting the special group shot or somthing like a couple of the other cons did? i remember jason saying at the auction about there WOULD be 6 guests and i know im not the only who remembers it, so i was just wondering if we dont get anymore wud we get a group shot or somthing to make up for it? not wanting to cause a fuss just a question..

Your not the only one that remembers hearing that they would try for 6 guests. Last year we had 5 and even then there was large gaps with nothing to do on the sunday till the talks started.

Im not wanting to cause trouble but the lack of guests or fingers crossed the last minute in signing ones still to be anncouned. If this is the final line up, it be better if ME just told us.

here here

fine if thats the final line but let us know. Then all the any more guest comments can stop and everyone can settle into knowing whats whats and with so little time left it would be good to know one way or the other

• Moderators

You all know that guests can be worked on until the event itself (as with the Twi con this weekend) so it's very difficult for them to ever say 'this is the final lineup' as they don't know what will happen.

I'm afraid all you can do is wait and see, and no amount of comments or asking is going to change the situation.

Stuff like additional group shots etc are announced as officially as any guest announcements, so again that will appear if that is the case. No sooner I'm afraid.

I've been to cons where they've sorted out a guest actually on the day, so you'll never get ME saying this is the final line up as they will be sorting out any potential guests up to the con. Personally I think the lack of news lately could be a good sign in that there's a big guest or maybe two to come and it's taking time because they are usually very busy and are waiting until just before to confirm :lol: But hey, Im optimistic, so lets all look at things that way.

never? im sure they said at bitten and roadhouse this is the final lineup.. or i may of imigined that, anyways.. im not getting my hopes up for a new guest, hopefuly we will get a group shot or somthing tho, thatd be cool..and the announcment of hw3 lol

i know that, too. jacqui supported me with my facebook-group to bring him back, and there are still 103 group members.... the fans want him, yes. and massive events had kai owen at more than one the hub (1,2,4 and 5) p.e.

Just felt I had to add in here that ME didn't have to pay for international flights from the US for Kai. There's a pretty big difference between getting a UK guest back and the expense of a US guest.

okay, but i was answering the argument: we don´t re-invite guests, because we want to give the attendees the posibility to meet as many guests as they can.

please don´t be angry with me con-daddy, but i understand that people see that we pay the same like last year, we have 4 guests announced and only 10 days to go.:D

• Showmasters Admin

i know that, too. jacqui supported me with my facebook-group to bring him back, and there are still 103 group members.... the fans want him, yes. and massive events had kai owen at more than one the hub (1,2,4 and 5) p.e.

Just felt I had to add in here that ME didn't have to pay for international flights from the US for Kai. There's a pretty big difference between getting a UK guest back and the expense of a US guest.

okay, but i was answering the argument: we don´t re-invite guests, because we want to give the attendees the posibility to meet as many guests as they can.

please don´t be angry with me con-daddy, but i understand that people see that we pay the same like last year, we have 4 guests announced and only 10 days to go.:WINCE:

Fair enough. I wasn't arguing :D Just pointing out there is a big difference between getting a UK guest back to getting a US guest back (in most cases about 3 times the amount).

To those above, that was my only point. Yes I realise that most of the guests for this event will come from the US, but as David has said as it costs that much more for flight etc (which will have been budgeted for) it's more likely they'll go for a new guest rather than a repeat one.

I agree at this point a repeat guest is better than none. Neither David or myself have anything to do with booking the guests, we are both just playing devils advicate as to why ME "may" not get Nicky. No one is saying it's out of the question or that it's a bad idea. Just that in our opinion it's less likely for ME to be trying to get a repeat guest than a new one.

I hope that makes sense.

Stuart.

Edited by Too Tall

I'd prefer to see new guests, but if there wasn't any in the works i'd love to see nicky again

this is exactly where i'm at which is why i'd like nicky there. i just feel like it's 2 weeks away and they've said nothing. so why not just get him since he still wants to? you know

I'm right there with you Heather. Of course people want to see different guests but if they're not available it's better to see Nicky again, as he was great, than have no-one. And that's how Eleanor sees it. lol.

Eleanor i didn't even realize this was ur forum name lol! scared the crap out of me when i saw my name i was like who is this person?! lol. but yes. agreement all around that's what i like.

if they've got someone new their waiting to unveil then wonderful but if nothings in the works i see no reason to not get Nick since he wants to come and we want him here.

i'm still excited to see all my london conventioners! and Steve! (hi numfar!)

Met Nick last year and was blown away :D . Waited years to be able to meet him and it was worth every single day!!!! So, I for one would love to see him again, but equally new guests would obviously be just as amazing!

Any one from Buffy/Angel would be at the top of my list!!!

But there is still time so i'm keeping my fingers and everything else crossed for a new guest!!! :P

Hi Heather!

It'll be great to see you :wub: Are you flying home Monday morning again?

Yes sir i am. hopefully we'll bump into each other again :) make sure to come find us friday night. we're staying in the sheraton

Hi Heather!

It'll be great to see you :D Are you flying home Monday morning again?

Yes sir i am. hopefully we'll bump into each other again :) make sure to come find us friday night. we're staying in the sheraton

I'm at the Sheraton too so I'll be sure to see you :blink: