10 Things you love about Whedonverse!

I started this lil game in the roadhouse thread too, just to pass some time leading up to the cons!!!

List the 10 things you love about Whedonverse!

Mine are..

1) SPIKE! - in my opinion the best god damn character ever created :D ultimate favourite tv character ever! Spike is hilarious, sexy and cool as f*** :P

2) BTVS - Of course! One of the best shows created! Joss is a genius, my fave TV show!

3) Spuffy! - In my opinion, i thought this was one of whedonverse's best pairings, i LOVE them together! :D

4) Angel - Again another fantastic show created by Joss - oh the dramaaa!

5) Joss + music = awesome! - from OMWF to doctor horrible! Joss should definitly write a broadway show!

6) Doctor horrible! - NPH + Joss whedon pairing is fantastic, i absolutly loved doctor horrible what a freakin awesome idea!! and NPH <3 <3 Legendary! (i know i know wrong show :P )

7) Joss whedon does Gleeee! - Fabulous Glee episode by Joss whedon! again starring gorgeous NPH! Thought it was fab especially the Matt morrison / NPH duet!

8) Storylines - Joss always seems to come up with unique/original and entertaining storylines for his shows, really compelling stuff!

9) Monsters - The buffy and angel monsters are so original and awesome, the gentlemen being way up there with some of the creepiest characters of all time!!

10) Comedy factor! - no matter how serious buffy or angel get, Joss always finds room for the comedy element to make us giggle!! and fantastic one off comedy eps like tabula rasa are some of the best!

1 - btvs - that show made me get through somwe hard times and i met some of the most amazing people through it

2 - smg - er dont think i need to explain that one

3 - the fans - your all a bunch of nutters, but i think your awsome :)

4 - the scripts - the writting is amazing, one of the best written rtv programs of all times, some of the motivational speach are just out right touching

5 - spuffy - <3 <3 <3 one of the most true, passionate couples, EVER.

6 - spike - his character just has every feature you need in a tv program, also hot :P

7 - the music - not only the musical eps/show hes done but the music axctually feature on the shows is some of the best iv heard

8 - angel - the storyline, characters and just all of it is somthing u never get bored of

9 - joss himself - what a freaking legend

10 - the storylines - theres not many episode from any of his shows that i dont like, they pull u in and they keep u hooked, what more can u want?

In no order:

1. Buffy

2. SMG

3. Fred

4. The Angelus storyline

5. Whedonesque

6. Joss

7. Musicals

8. "Dream On"

9. The writing (and the writers!)

10. Whedon fans, and the awesome shows they've introduced me to (V Mars, TSCC, Dexter)

Edited by emmy141

These are the top ten, not the only ten :thumbup:

1)Suprises- with Joss the unexpected happens a lot, and isnt predictable like other shows :D

2)Anya- an amazing addition to the scooby gang, brings fun and laughter every episode. Also has a well-thought out backstory and an amazing personality.

3)Comedy- as most of his shows are centered around action the comedy brought fun to every episode, even the really emotional ones. Wel except a couple maybe "The Body"

4)Common Actors-Joss finds amazing actors and instead of changing with each new show he re-uses them to play a completelely different character, such as amy acker, eliza dushku and alexis denisof.

5)Acting- like stated above the acting in the shows are just so amazing. That if you didnt reuse the actors you would be stupid

6) Amy Acker- I just love Amy, and she is one amazing actor <3

7) Tabula Rasa- My favourite episode in the whole Whedonverse. The episode has the perfect amount of emotion, comedy and drama to really affect the audience (me) in an amazing way.

8)Fans- Every Whedon fan i have met/taked too have been amazing people, and the community is obviously amazing, completely changing my view of "geeks". Cause now im one too :D

9)Joss Whedon- Obviously he is the Whedonverse and without him my life wouldnt be what it is, utter love goes out to him

10)Music- all the music asociated with the Whedonverse is amazing, and i do personaly own it all :D

This is in no particular order :D

1. His shows - from BtVS all the way to Dollhouse, Joss Whedon has proved time and time again that he is nothing short of a genius.

2. SMG - without a doubt my favourite actress ever. Just so talanted!

3. The humour - Some of the laughs on his shows were just class.

4. Twsits and turns - I could never predict what is going on his head and what is going to happen next.

5. Music - Dr Horrible was great and the music on all of his shows is brilliant.

6. OMWF - deserved a section all of its own. Greatest episode of television EVER!!

7. The cast and crew - All so important and all so gifted on every one of his shows. He really has an eye for talent.

8. Season 2 of Buffy - everything with Angelus and the Scoobies really banding together just blew me away. Serious props to Joss on this one.

9. The man himself - we wouldnt have any of this and would have big holes in all of our lives if it wasnt for the great man. Thanks for everything Joss.

10. I agree about the fans - meeting all of you even only on this has been great and I cant wait to meet up with you all in October and all of this thanks to the Whedonverse. :thumbup:

1. Emma Caulfield - Did you honestly think she wouldn't be at the top of my list? :thumbup:

2. Anya Jenkins - The. Most. Amazing. Character. Ever.

3. The writing - It's so powerful. There's a message behind so much of it; and Joss and the other writers are just...Amazing; they really know how to play on our emotions, how make us laugh, cry and make us bond with the characters (:

4. The acting - I watch most shows and even if I like them I always find at least one person who I think is terrible at acting, that's not the case in any of Joss' shows though, the acting is amazing.

5. Unexpected storylines - Joss really knows how to keep us guessing...

6. Dream On = Joss + Glee = Epic win <33

7. The comedy - No matter how many times I see episodes of Buffy, or Angel, or Firefly, Or Dollhouse, I still manage to laugh at the right times. The comedy is just...perfect. :')

8. The fans - I've met some of the most amazing people through Buffy forums, and of course at Hallowhedon (: The fans of Joss' shows are amazing; everyone's always really nice and not hard to talk to and stuff. It's nice.

9. Musicals! - Once More, With Feeling and Dr Horrible will never cease to be awesome.

10. All of the cast and crew of all of Joss' shows, including Joss himself - I didn't have enough to do Joss seperately, so I'll just say everyone ;D They're just all uber cool. Not as cool as the fans, of course... ; )

Edited by Buffy Lover

Only ten :blink:

1. Watching Buffy, led me to going to conventions. I went in 2002 to my first and that weekend I made as many new friend as I had made in years and most importantly led me to meet some one special. I do go to other cons now, but Buffy started it all.

2. Buffy and Angel were the first shows that I ever loved. I couldn't miss it, I even got my own digital subscription to watch it.

3. The 1. Watching Buffy, led me to going to conventions. I went in 2002 to my first and that weekend I made as many new friend as I had made in years and most importantly led me to meet some one special. I do go to other cons now, but Buffy started it all.

2. Buffy and Angel were the first shows that I ever loved. I couldn't miss it, I even got my own digital subscription to watch it.

3. The characters. Joss captures to the characters I ever really cared about. The fighting vampires eventually became second to seeing what the characters were doing.

4. Crying. I never cry at TV shows. Until Buffy :crying:

5. I had never been so sad as when Joss's shows got cancelled. Damn networks :chair:

6. Whedonverse shows are never scared to be hard hitting on issues we all can relate to somehow.

7. Books. Not since I was a child have I been much of a reader, but Whedonverse rescued that too. I love the Buffy and Angel books, I finally got into reading again.

8. Merchandise. Until Buffy I never collected much merchandise. I know own figures, bags, phone covers and far too many more to name.

9. Serenity is a great film. One of my all time favourites. Showing that Joss can do films and TV at the highest level.

10. The careers of so many great actors: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Seth Green, Summer Glau, Amber Benson, Gina Torres, etc, etc.

Thats all for now

Okay, so in no particular order...

1. Buffy - I owe my love of the whole Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre to that show, as a kid I was totally hooked on BTVS and now I'm a total Sci-Fi addict (not sure if that's actually a good thing or not though :P)

2. Angel - It's a brilliant show and my utter fave outta the whole Whedonverse :D

3. Fresley - The best pairing outta the entire Whedonverse as far as I'm concerned!! Fred & Wes were just so cute together :(

4. Smile Time, A Hole In The World, Shells & Not Fade Away (yes, having them as one point probably is cheating but I don't really care :lol: ) Angel Season 5 - From comedy to tragedy, puppet cancer to heartbreak....ATS Season 5 had it all, it was television at its best ;)

5. Once More With Feeling - Best BTVS episode ever!

6. The Cast & Crew - Probably some of the most talented people on the planet ;)

7. The Fans - Though I've never actually met any of you guys (this'll be my first Whedon con) from what little talking I've actually done with you all both here and on FB, you seem like a brilliant and lovely bunch of people :D

8. The Music/Soundtracks - Utterly amazing! I know that more than a few from the Buffy/Angel soundtracks are on my top 25 most played :D

9. The Comics - A brilliant way of keeping the shows alive :D

10. Joss Whedon - The man deserves a medal or a knighthood....you know what, somebody give him both ;)

Only 10 so I must cheat in som way to get it all across.

1. The man himself - Joss Whedon. I brought up in a house where eastenders/emmerdale/etc were the norm. When I first watched buffy I was blown away. This.is.what.tv.should.be. The man is a genuis and I wholehearted agree with with the Joss is God t-shirts out there. The fact he is so talented and is willing to turn his hand to anything to express his ideas is what makes us fans so addicted. I love listening to how actors he has hired talk about him, they speak in awe and there is a reason for that - he is awesome. Also the fact he loves shakespeare is so cool.
  2. The tv shows - Buffy, Angel, Firefly,Dollhouse, Dr Horrible. . . . I love these shows. They have helped shape my sense of humour and they are all unique and awesome. Joss and his team have sourced some amazing new talent and the actors he secures for his shows have so many talents and often many are hidden. Miracle Laurie, James Masters, Anthony Stewart Head, Felica Day, Amber Benson and ofcourse Christain Kane are amazing singers.
  3. The Humour. Joss and the other writers turn sterotypes on their heads. Look at Jayne? A big burly man with a girls name. To take sweet wash and turn him into deranged Alpha? Am not sure how geeky people are here but I have spent a long time breaking apart the episodes with people on various forums and thereis always things we pick up. The writing in these shows is again unique and although the shows are doifferent they all have whedonverse language.
  4. Geekdom - JOss and co have made it cool to be a geek. Infact they have made geek sexy. Wesley (after the connor incident but he was hot before that) and Topher. They are adorkable. As well as making geeks look good in his shows, Joss writes comics and helps make comic movies (xmen, avengers) How many people could have made a musical blog. Dr horrible is so well written and to put MPH and Nathan in this. wow. they were amazing together.
  5. Whedonites - The fans are crazy for these shows. They are loyal and they spend a lot of time online praising the shows. I have alot of very good friends through these tv shows.
  6. Conventions - I am ashamed I started cons so late in my life. I could kick myself since alot of the bigger names dont do cons anymore :( but the con experience is an addictive and amazing ride. I was excited meeting the actors/actress' of the shows but when I stood in hallowhedon last year and saw Nicholas Brendan on stage i squeee'd as he was an original scoobie. Although the bangel/spuffy was a good part of the show for me buffy was always about the scoobies. To meet him and see what the character meant to him - so cool, despute his behaviour during the nights. ; :D
  7. Language - you can always spot a whedonverse geek, we all talk alike. Mostly because we have watched the shows so many times and so often its second nature to adopt the way the characters speak. watch how you talk and you'll know am right
  8. GOOD tv - The Body, The Gentlemen and OMWF were groundbreaking. To film a whole action episode with little to no talking was a test of the actors. OMWF is on my playlist and is listened to ALOT! I could sing this from start to finish with no music or lyrical help. The body was heartbreaking as we lost a character but again it was pivotal tv.
  9. Merchandise - from action figures to angel puppets. The merchandise from the tv shows are amazing. Its like having a little piece and to think that the figures and such still sell after buffy being cancelled years ago shows that we are constantly recruiting new whedonite fans.
  10. OUR UTTER HATRED OF FOX - B******S KEEP CANCELLING OUR SHOWS :lol:

In no particular order:

1) Joss Whedon. Enough said!!!!! The man is a GOD!!!!!

2) Glenn Quinn, I loved him so!! (even waaayyyyy back in Roseanne as Mark).

3) Nicholas Brendon!!!! :( Those broad shoulders and gorge eyes!!!! yummy!!!

4) The writing....wowsa could those guys spin a yarn or what?!!! Let us not forget the brilliance of all the metaphors used!!!

5) BTVS. This show helped me & my sis through some dark times, it was our escape. Without it, who knows?! It was also the show that got me into writing!!!!! :lol:

6) The Gentlemen!!!! Creepy.....oh so creepy!!! love it!!

7) "Fear itself"!!! In my opinion an awesome episode. A simple idea, yet completely entertaining!!

8) "The Body". Again, an awesome, emotional episode made all the more genius by no music.

9) Buffy and Angel....and the heartbreak. "I will remember you" was a corker.

10) The Music. Whether it be the score, the bands featured in the show itself or just the songs used playing over a scene, the music was always fresh, befitting and emotional!!!

AND

11) James Marsters :D

12) The Finale!!!! :D

13) The Angel Puppet!!! The most funniest thing ever!!!

At the end of the day, there are sooooo many things about the Whedonverse that are too awesome that it is really hard to name just 10. Hence 11,12 & 13 haha!

Edited by gemma85